1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

hobbit you might try flashing that 20A1H to a 20A1P if you can. Just see if that makes a difference. ;) But to answer your question it may be on the way out. lol. ;) Sorry buddy, that would be 3 in a short amount of time... at least the dieing part of the life of the drive.

....gm

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I'll have to give it a shot flashing the 20A1H to a 20A1P . This drive has Very few hours/burns on it, it was in an external enclosure. I'd have to say less than 30 burns. And in an Lite-On enclosure too!

Actually, haven't had too good of reliability with the LH-20A1H drives I've had.

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Sorry to hear that buddy. I love my LH-20A1H! :D Its next in quality to my 7200A (which I now have two of :D :D :D). Best drive ive ever had the pleasure of TOUCHING! LOL. I really wish STARTECH would re-email me! They wanna help me with my add in card. They seem just as confused as I am. Gotta be either a corrupt bios/firmware, or faulty drivers. My 20A1H has seen probably in the neighborhood of 250-300 discs! SOLID performer :D Luck of the draw I guess. NOT good for lite-ons quality control :(

4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Gm I had both drives connected to the mobo (sata) of course they both came with the lastest f/w I felt they was'nt worth the time
    and effort to deal with so...I just got on the newegg chat line
    and had a rma issued along with ups label e-mail to packed them
    back up same box and shipped them back...

return invoice
    i've noticed some drives have Dvd-Rom access time and some don't
    i'm gonna stick with the one's that do they seem to work out better
    for me

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

It's good that the EGG RMA'd your stuff. ;) I don't know what you mean by some have/some don't have access time as they all have that. ;) link to iHAS120 specs

good luck..

...gm

6. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Gm look in the part on the link below where it saids Dvd-Rom access time & Cd-Rom access time on the iHAS120 Why is it Blank? Do u think
    newegg missed putting that in?...if u look thru all the liteon's on newegg some have them and some dont is that a flaw on neweggs part on they really the true specs?
    compare both
    link to DH-20A4P specs

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
  7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Obviously the EGG missed something but all ODD's list those specs somewhere. Unfortunately the EGG missed the information or just omitted it for some reason. I see that the same specs are given for the 20A4P on the Lite-on site as the EGG reports. ;) The point I'm making is that is NOT the reason the ODD's you had wouldn't work. Enjoy the DH-20A4P's. ;)

....gm

8. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

do you think the dh-20a4p be flahed to a lh-20a1p?

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

yeh you can flash them if you want too but I don't think you will gain anything. I've done it from A4P to A1P and vice versa but didn't notice a big difference. ;)

..gm

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok fellas been burning a few of these 8x-r TY's each one gets better.. here is one burnt on the 7200S @ 8x. then scanned on the 7200S then the LH-20A1S.

7200S scan
    [​IMG]

LH-20A1S scan
    [​IMG]

some pretty good stuff here...

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Lookin good rob, Very good ;) Happy new year guys

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh yea i forgot... Happy New Year hope everyone had a good holiday.Real good one here for me...Mostly getting a Great Job.

heres a scan of a great movie.burnt on my LH-20A1S yes on 8x-r TY.

[​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, my holiday was agreeable. Rum N cokes, Rum N cranberry, Rum N nog's, Ok ok, yes I love RUM! LOL. Here is another POS... Excuse me, iHAP422 burn. going on 20+ burns couple rips. I try to keep my trustworthy burners to ONLY burning, So as to not wear them out. My DRU840 Is my FREAK ripper. Yah, I realize I shouldnt call a good scan a POS. But see, I dont wanna hex it...LOL. Infact I probably just did, 0.o <-----superstitious
    [​IMG]

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i know your tired of hearing me say this, but damn i would love to get those low amounts of Pie's heck normal for me is 20,000 and I'm super excited when i get 12,000pie's..lol

i think I'm gonna try my 7200A out as a ripper/reader and see what i get. rip/read with the 7200A and burn with the 7200S or LH-20A1S.
    yup thats my next order of business..

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL. I dont pretend to not notice, that my scans average freakishly lower pi e's than most peoples scans. I wish I new why. ONE of the reasons im intrigued by all this scanning. Other than:
    1. Blowing off my discs before burn
    2. Buying grade A+ media
    3. Burning from dedicated HDD
    4. Running an AMD processor LOL, NOTHING to do with it :D
    5. Excellent burning programs, E.g IMGBURN
    If you do all of these (Excluding #4 LOL) than im afraid im at a loss. :(

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

disc 2 disc useing imgburn @8x
    [​IMG]

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here is a 16X verbatim +R burned at 8X on my new LG-GH22NP20. I get the feeling that had any of my burners been in my HP, the scans would vary substantially. Could be an interesting test ;)
    [​IMG]
    The 0MB - 1GB area has my complete attention however. That would be where ALL my drives write strategy kicks in. What I mean is they SPEED UP. However the 7200A seems to do a better job in those instances.
    Infact, if I didnt know any better, I'd say these discs in this burner WANT to be burned at higher speeds.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

useing the hdd i burnt this one here.
    [​IMG]

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres an LG burn at 16X from the OS HDD. Other than the strange jitter produced by the LG its proving to be solid SO FAR. Mmmm... it would also appear the LG has a similar buffer issue as the Opti 7200
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rob, What utility are you using for Disc 2 Disc? I ordinarily would google the ability, but I wanna be fair as to compare quality runs.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman-7 you do get some LOW PIE's. ;) Well I found the AD-7200S if anyone is looking to buy another. lol. :p

linky to AD-7200S

Nice scans all. ;) Got some to load up but I'm in a LAZY mode. :p

....gm