1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Good to see that you have some 'normal' burns now and then. :p

Here's a good one on some "old" media. ;)

AD-7200S 1.09bt
    IMGBURN 8x
    MCC 003
    [​IMG]

...gm

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Mmm hmmm. Very nice. I would have preferred that, to my latest LG burn. But playability is what matters after all, And its still WAYYYY within the standard.

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I'm getting a pair of AD-7200a Burners! That should keep me in quality burns for a while! LOL!!

Russ

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes Indeedy, LOL. Strongest Burner I have, And quite possibly EVER had.

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I posted about Provantage having both the S and the A models for around $25. No one commented! I was under the impression everyone was looking for them! Check the AMD Building Thread!

Russ

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

ehh... I have 2 of the 7200(A)'s Unfortunately, I only have 2 precious sata ports, and there taken by my FREAK WD drives. I LOVE my HDD's :D You know... Im sure there will be another drive in a month or two that will be ALL THE RAVE, lol. Could be Lite-on, Could be Sony/Nec... Who knows???

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well, the Optiarcs have had a couple of very good drives in a row now. I've had two, An AD-7170 and I can't remember it's predecessor. both gave excellent burns. I haven't found any difference in performance between the Sata and the IDE. Thsy are the same exact drive with only the controller being different. There's still too many issues with Sata and optical drives to suit me. Besides with no real advantage in speed or burn quality, I would rather use the IDE port and save my remaining 6 Sata ports for maybe a Raid array some day. I plan to use IDE Opticals with the new build!

Russ

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

ahmen to that! LOL. Ive had those thoughts as well. Though I dont mind bugs. I almost welcome them. With new bugs, comes new knowledge. Yes, im weird! LOL

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Everyone knows that we thrive on bugs! LOL!! What would we do for excitement without a few glitches here and there. Computing would become very boring! ROFLMAO!! If we weren't forced to ask questions once in a while, what would we do for excitement?

Did you check out my new build? It's a big surprise, even to me! Not what I planned at all!

Russ

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah russ, Just did. JEALOUS MUCH! I want a black edition BADLY!!!
    Heres a scan to make me feel better about the last one. This iHAP422 sure likes these verbies :D
    [​IMG]

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I get the distinct feeling that it may be a Phenom with 2 defective cores because of the B3 stepping, Larger L3 cache and the AM2+ designation. It should run rings around my E6750 encoding in prep for nice burns with the 7200! LOL!! My LiteOn Loves the Verbs! BTW, I should have an E6750 for sale in the next two weeks too! As soon as Intel ships me the new one in about 10 days!

BTW, that scan is great!

Russ

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ..
    i seen your post i just wanted to wait and say i was able to order another 7200S..lol well im able..lmao gonna place the order today.

but from what i have seen from ym 7200A and 7200S the 7200A is no where near as good as the 7200S. not matter waht drive i use to scan the 7200A renders 2-3x more PIE's than the 7200S. i get about the same PIF's but the PIE's are way higer with the 7200A plus i think the 7200A is louder. that might just be beacuse it is my top drive in the tower and the 7200S is the very bottom drive(5 total bay drive slots) so that could explain that...lol

i got a few burns im gonna do for my parents. i'll use both drives and post the scans side by side.

yes i agree as well that last scan is awsome... and im not gonna comment on the low azz PIE's rotflmao....

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Damn it Russ... I hunted for 15 minutes in the AMD thread and it's only a few posts above this one. I normally read every post for every word but I guess there was some posts between some of mine and I missed it. :p NOW that I've found the post HERE in this thread... I'll give it a look. :D

....gm

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i guess the sammy(SH-S203B) heard me when i said i was gonna order another 7200S.. it is DOA. no power. windows still seeing it in device manager but it wont open and the power led wont come on when powered up or down. i did switch out all the power connectors and they work fine on my other sata drives... so i took it out and slapped back in old faithful LH-18A1P. i did what Chris586 said to do. i put the clear spacer from the disc cake box in it before i put it in the tower and it worked fine opens with no problems???? dont ask me why it works but it does...lol

ok here is the compairson between the 7200A/S drives... actually the 7200A has gotten better but not as good as the 7200S these first scans or from the drive that burnt them then the second set of scans or scaned on the LH-20A1S.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now these are scanned with the litey drive
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

scanning with the drive that burnt the disc the 7200A has twice the amount of PIE's but the PIFs are simular.

but scanned with the litey they are almost identical.

and here is a scan on the revamped LH-18A1P of the same disc from the 7200A.
    [​IMG]

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob try cross-flashing the 18x Litey to a 20x Litey. ;) 20A1P (KLOP) to be specific. ;) It can't hurt and it seems that old Litey is taking a dump anyway. :( That's strange about the Samsung. I would have guessed somewhere around 1000 burns before it gave up the ghost. ;)

...gm

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

do i just get the 20A1P's fw and use it instead of the 18x????

whats funny iused the sammy lastnight and it was fine...

before i took it out i made sure the power plug was pushed in well. and tried the 5 other sata power plugins with it as well. it was a big no go at this station.

i just did a burn on the 18A1P with a 8x-r TY.. it is lookin scary. but if i remember correct and you might as well GM. that drive for me didnt like the TY media. well the 16x+r printable TYs i had,

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

You should be able to use the EEPROM utility with the f/w for the 20A1P and go from there. ;) That's the reason that I mentioned using the 20A1P f/w. ;) I flashed mine a while ago and it does just fine but mine has always been ok with the TY media. lol. :p

...gm

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dont think i ever used the EEPROM utility before... ill lookf for it tonight and try it once iget off work... yup back to my second shift hours now.

well i ran eeprom and saved my old drive info then tried to crossflash to the LH-20A1P with the eeprom utility like it said to do then rebot to use the new firm ware.. well once rebooting the drive dont do anything but have the led light flash repeatidly. it dont see any disc or anything and when i try to use the FW update it says no drive available for that FW.??????? no time to sort it out now will mess with it later tonight.

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not too shabby rob :) Hers an 8X burn on TYG03 via the LG-GH22NP20. Not bad considering what these discs are averaging. Especially for this BARGAIN LG model :)
    [​IMG]
    Well... Off to the Rat Race LOL. :(

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    Hmm! Maybe I'll hedge my bets and order one of each! LOL!! I do have 6 remaining Sata ports after my two HDDs.

Russ