1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

no get this i put the first copy of the movie i did in the drive open clonedvd2 and it works great. made a copy of a copy in 18:33.and the first copy took 2 1/2 hours. this scan of a copy looks better than the copy of the original.
    [​IMG]

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Cincyrob
    I'm at a loss on why Clone gives you that problem. We have the same drive and I have no problems reading from that drive - even my other burners no a problem.
    The only one that sometimes gives a problem is the laptop one but usually it ends up reading.
    Are you using the HP drive to read?

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i dont think its the drive. i honestly beleive its the disc. i was able to use dvd shrink and burn with nero. i took davinci out and put in another movie and it worked perfect... i dont have my HP in the same tower as my liteon. i brought that disc to work with me to let my buddy try it on his system and see if he can get it to work with clonedvd2.... i cant rip with anydvd says unreadable vts_ifo or something to that line of wording cant remember right now.
    i might just take out the cd/dvd-rom combo and put in my HP and see if that makes a difference

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

just in case that anyone cares........ I finally got a decent scan on one of those TYGO3s of mine!
    [​IMG]
    my drive is still learning write strategies for these.... after 50 of them this is the best one yet.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just Ripped The santa clause2 with anydvd to HD then used clonedvd2 to burn, both work fine. will find out later if my buddy was able to rip DaVinci code(the one i bought and couldnt get to work)...

these printable verbs are sweet. couldnt ask for a better score or result from the dvd player no problems at all. only thing i have to do to this disc is print on it.

[​IMG]

6. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Try rebooting with the source disc in the drive, in this case DaVinci Code.

Just a note...I don't have AnyDvd running in the background, I open it only when needed. That's my setup, don't know if it would make a difference.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Mackdl
    i think i have tried that also... i will tonight when i get my movie back from my buddy

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

let me ask this question and see what everyone think..
    i let me buddy use my davinci code movie. her ripped it just fine, but he said he washed it off bfore he did the ripping.is it possible or logical that maybe it being a new disc might be giving me my problems. i took it straight from the case and right to my drive to rip and burn. do ya think i should have played the disc first before i tried to burn it??? thinking back to the other disc that gave me this problem i did the same thing took them straight from the box and to my drive to burn it

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Cincyrob,
    Yes, it is very possible,
    (reread the previous post I made)
    I keep a bottle of lens cleaning fluid and a micro-fibre lens cleaning cloth handy to clean up DVD's before I try to rip them, you would be surprised at how many have a film on them from either their case or from some process during their manufacturing. Don't know why it is there, don't care, I just wipe them off to clean up the disk. Look for them in any camera shop or in your local K-mart or wallyworld.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BlivetNC
    i think thats why he didnt have a problem with is cause i allready messed with it plus he ran water and cleaner over it before he did it... ill find out in about 4 hours when im off work and take the disc back home and try it again....

another question. i know the nero scans work on dvd's and it does say nero cd/dvd do they work with CD's? the reason i asked i tried this morning on 3 disc one i burnt about a year & half ago on a TDK disc (coded out as CMC mag):( and got a 97 on it but it only showed the pi error.
    did another one that was about 8 months old on a memorex (coded out as ritec) and got a 99 on it. then did one that i burnt about 3 weeks ago memorex also(ritek coded) and got a 98. anyone else do there CD's also?

11. gronimo18

gronimo18 Regular member

hp dvd writer dvd630e

12. binkie7

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got da vinci code back and i still cant rip with anydvd. or use clonedvd2. here i a screen shot of what im seeing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i just dont get it why its doing this to me? is it possiable im haven problem with anydvd reading these disc?

14. binkie7

Which drive are you using? Have you tried the other one?

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i took that disc down and put it in my other tower that has my HP burner in it and it works great with anydvd. am able to rip it to HD.. why wont it work on this drive?(my other system?)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok im getting ready to take out my cd/dvd combo and put in my HP dvdrw drive in my system that i do everything on... thinking about it i dont think its the drive still cause i have 2 drives in this system and fro it not to be able to work on either drive it has to be something else, software or something. but im gonna find out here in about 30 mins as soon as i get off here im putting in the HP drive and then da vinci codes and see what happens....

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i switched out drives i have the HP and liteon together.i put the davinci code in the hp drive and i keep getting the same error as before. so it has to be asoftware problem.i was able to get it to work on the HPdrive in my other tower, but not this one. should i uninstall anydvd and clonedvd2 and reinstall? im clueless.... to think about it i cant use dvdfabdecrypter on this either????????

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

19. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I think that you have a defective disk because I was able to copy that movie no sweat using both DVDDecrypter/Imgburn and AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 with no glitches on both of my Litey drives. Unless..... your drive has been converted by Opus Dei...

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i just put my HP burner in and i get the same error.i uninstaled anydvd and clonedvd2 reinstalled same thing even did a system restore all th eback to august 21st same thing???? why will it work on one system and not another?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.