1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Nero (Burning Rom or Express) will automatically "booktyped" both of my burners SONY DRU710A (a rebadged Liteon SOHW-1633S) and LiteOn SHW-160P6S when using any DVD+R disc flawlessly.

ImgBurn will automatically "booktyped" my LiteOn SHW-160P6S because I have it set to booktype via book type settings and it's stored. However, for my SONY DRU710, ImgBurn won't auto booktype, so I'll have to manually change the booktype via settings using LiteOn tab in prior to the burning process.

That is the main reason why nearly 90% of all my backups are burned via Nero and 10% are burned with ImgBurn. I know tons and tons of newbies (other people) are having issues left-to-right when using Nero, but I can honestly say that I'm happy with Nero. Never had any burning issue (or coaster) with Nero whatsoever.

Regards

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Again, this is my 2nd backup of "UNDERWORLD 2: EVOLUTION" with HITACHI Maxell (MIJ). I customized to 4472MB, this is the max I've ever customized my MB size which I merely leave out 10MB only. It's pretty awesome, I'm quite impressed with the results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

For some time now I have seen this tests but have never run any...heres my results...they mean nothing to me so comments welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@gwendolin
    first of all how does the disc play? if there isnt any problems with it, then its a perfect burn....
    second your PI Errors are a bit high over all.normaly you would want these to be no higher than 280. but your at 293 not much over shouldnt give you a problem. your PI Failure is pretty high also. ive read that they shouldnt be over 8 to have a good readable disc.
    you should try the CRC test. in nero there. just click on the scan disc and run that test. you should get all green box on it when finished.if you do it should be a good readable disc that you have no problems with
    what type of media is that. i have some 8x-r memorex that code out as yours did(mcc 02rg20). not the best of media but i got them for free from my dad.and all of my scans on those disc look like the one you posted. but they play good right now..lol

hope this helps some.

@Binkie7/BlivetNC
    i just restored my system back to january of this year. im gonna try adnsee if that fixes my problem with these few disc im having all my troubles with. i did get a response back from SLYSOFT. they said they are working with DaVinci Code. as for Click and the other 2 i had problems with(all sony movies) they said there shouldnt be any problem with them... so id say here soon there will be a any dvd update. Here is there reply to me

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

We are currently working on "DaVinci". But Click can be copied. What
    copy
    program do you use?

Best regards

Bernd Hartings
    SlySoft, Inc.
    http://slysoft.com

BlivetNC your the man!!!!!. love the SIG thanks

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i just burnt the 2nd disc to DaVinci Code. i had the same problem as the 1st disc. so i just got the copy of it i made and was able to use clonedvd2 with it just fine. now that dont makes any kind of logic there

@Binkie7& whoever has the lite-on SHW-160p6s.
    i again used the 8x+rprintable verb on this and i did not use the booktypeing utility and it came out booktyped to dvd-rom and i used clonedvd2 on it.i think this drive does automaticly convert to dvd-rom. gotta do some research on it.. here is the snapshot from dvdidentifier after the burn. will post the scan of it soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-003-000]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
    Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
    Media Type ID : [003]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the scan on DaVinci disc2. a copy of a copy.
    [​IMG]m] [​IMG]

i guess if ya go by the score its pretty good. kinda worried about those spikes up around 11-12.got the disc in my player now checking it out.. does show in the CRC test all green sectors so there shouldnt be a problem reading it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the solution to my problem. i new anydvd was gonna come out with a update. here it is...look at the first thing it says they are fixing....yup fixes my problem....
    Dear valued customer,

we would like to inform you, that a new version of AnyDVD
    has been released. Here the list of fixes and improvements:

6.0.8.5, 2006 11 20
    - New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - New: Improved fix for DVDs with wrong title set search tables.
    - New: Higher compatibility with 3rd party IDE or SATA drivers.
    Using AnyDVD's "SafeMode" should no longer be necessary.
    - New: Safe/Normal Mode setting now supported on Windows Vista.
    - New: Improved removal of bogus title sets
    - Change: Improved "Jump directly to Tile Menu" function
    - Fix: Removing Macrovision RipGuard didn't work sometimes
    - Fix: Bogus title set removal could be triggered without reason
    - Fix: Setting subtitle transparency did not work correcly with
    some DVD titles
    - Fix: Audio-CD protection removal did not work on 64-bit OS like
    Windows XP64 professional
    - Fix: SPTI I/O-requests from 64-bit processes on 64-bit OS like
    Windows XP64 professional were not processed by AnyDVD

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@cincyrob
    Well hopefully this will fix the problem!
    I'm guessing this was the issue New: Higher compatibility with 3rd party IDE or SATA drivers

I did a bunch of dvd's but used -R - no +R's tonight.

My older LiteOn SOHW-832s(still use from time to time)would not auto booktype w/ Nero or the others like ImgBurn, Decrypter, Clone so I always had to set it before hand. New one no problem.

@gwendolin
    I have a Pioneer also - one below your - DVR-108. I don't think it's one of the better drives for scans - imho.
    But all that really matters is can it play :)

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@CincyRob, no prob for the sig,
    I didn't have any problems with the Davinci code, did a DL and a SL disk both using AnyDVD and Clone with no problems whatsoever.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Just got home. i insstalled anydvd update.still have the same problem. i give up this is driving me nut. i quit the dvd burning game

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Time for an excorcism Rob, either that or stop burning so many chick-flicks. I hear that the 2004 ALCS and World Series Highlights disk does wonders for a systems overall health.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BlivetNC..
    this really has me mad as hell i dont know what to do with this problem. i am about to just say hell with all this stuff. I mean i have done everything i can think of trying to fix this problem.im about to get another davinci code and see if i can rip it and burn with anydvd. just dont make sence. if i use a burnt copy of the movie i can use anydvd and clonedvd2????

Oh yea i think the 90 WS and Divisonal playoff would help better can you say SWEEEEEEEP

well i just made a backup of the boys new powerrangers movie they got for there B-Day lastweek. id almost say just by the scan its my best burn very low PIF.....and yes i used anydvd and clonedvd2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and i didnt use the booktyping utility and it is set to dvd-rom...

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

that last scan was the first one i done this my HP740b drive doing the ripping and then burning with my lite-on.those were the lowest PIF i have hade on any movie i can think of. wonder if thas just a coincidence or what?gonna have a few movies to back up this weekend. hope none are sony movies..lol you,me and dupree getting tomorrow. not sure who did that one i think universial???John tucker must die, ice age 2 finally got that one for the boys..

@Binkie7.
    im havena problem for nero recode doing davince code also i put the disc in and open nero startsmart go to recode open up where the movie is and nero freezes up???

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  14. binkie7

@blivetNC
    Nice sig you did you cincyrob - great job!

@cincyrob
    Yep you right I used the booktype utility once with CloneDVD today and the next 2 didn't - both booktyped. Must have been the older LiteOn it won't do that.

Which version of Nero are you using 6 or 7? If 6 Recode can bomb w/ the Sony ARccOS and invalid vob's even running AnyDVD running in the background. Nero 7 handle it better but the invalid vob's can still give it a problem. So rip 1st.

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Binkie7
    im useing nero 6.6.0.18 i see what you mean about the sony thing i put a different movie in and tried nero recode again and it worked perfect...
    hey what ya know the student taught the teacher...lol the more i learn about the liteon the better it gets. might have to get another one. maybe that 18x burner.
    i see our GURU's here at AD are working hard... some nice features added. pretty cool HUH

16. binkie7

yeah I was the student on the LiteOn bit :) I learned something new today! Good deal

So far I've only had Nero 7 bomb on 1 movie w/ AnyDVD running in the background - American Dreamz - the ole running boy file (invalid vob's) was a large file and Nero threw an error.
    Doing movie only may have worked - you might want to try that w/ Recode and the Sony's.

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Binkie7
    thats just it when i go to open the movie file in nero recode thats when it locks up. i dont get to chose what i want to burn yet.

18. binkie7

Try picking the 'recode main movie to a dvd' - still may crash but worth a shot.

If you pick up the new 18x LiteOn keep us posted. I thinking of getting an external LiteOn after Xmas - my laptop drive is going to sh*t though I still have 2 more yrs on the warranty but no matter :)

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well ive been out shopping and have and 6 or 7 movies to play with(hope clonedvd2 doesnt act up) so ill have some scans soon

20. binkie7

lol - you are one brave soul there cincyrob :)
    Venturing out to the stores on Black Friday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.