1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Just watched you me and dupree.
    a great burn with clonedvd2.nice scan also.plus i did ICE AGE 2.got a nice scan.here they are...i like getting these low amount of PIF's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just did this one here.got out my 16x-r sony(mij TY coded).was feeling FROGGY burnt this one at 16x.....
    [​IMG]

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

There you go Rob, back to burning like a true champion, (Red Sox material you may be yet)

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO @ BlivetNC..
    that last scan wasnt that bad seeing i burnt it at 16x and was on a sony MIJ(ty). i have a few more im gonna do later this evening after i get back from taking the little lady out (going to see deck the hall. do some more shopping. might get online and order me some of those hub printable TY's 8x+r. 100 of them should last me the rest of the year..loltry to get to microcenter today and get me some 16x+verbs non printable(save those for the ones i do favors for)...lol

hope everyone had a good thanksgiving......

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well im back. got em some 16x+r verbs (50 pc cakebox)from bestbuy for $12.99. and for me a big job. a segate 250gbHD ultra ATA/100 7200rpm 16mb Cache.... be the first time i ever installed a HD. so i might need some help. gonna take out my 100 gb and put it in my other tower and replace that failing 40gb.....getting ready to pull the new drive out and inspect it. read some instructions.... anyone have a HP system thats has the 11 disc to restore your HD if it fails or you get a new one? any help is needed and appreciated..

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Seagate should have a program that allows you to migrate all of your current harddrive onto your new one, just set the new one to slave, the old one to master, run the software, then Voila! Take the new one, set the jumpers to master on the new one, slave on the second one, and you'll be all set to go.
    http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/utils.html

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got it installed but it is just set as storage right now. my next question is am i able to copy my 100gb HD to the new 250gb HD.meaning windows and everything. so when i take out the 100gb i will have the OS on the new one.or will i need to run those 11 restore disc through the new HD and start over from scratch?

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i guess ive done something wrong i get this error here every time i restart the computer. says it found new hard ware......then i get this...
    [​IMG]

9. whompus

whompus Active member

That comes from either an upper or lower filter being invalid for this new drive. It can be fixed without having to start from scratch.

First off let me say messing around in the registry can be bad. Could make you have to start from scratch anyway.If you want to attempt it take these steps.

Delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values
    To do that
    a. Click Start, and then click Run.
    b. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    c. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-0 8002BE10318}
    d. In the right pane, right-click the UpperFilters registry value, and then click Delete.
    e. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
    f. In the right pane, right-click the LowerFilters registry value, and then click Delete.
    g. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
    h. Quit Registry Editor.
    i. Restart the computer.
    It should now install.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Whompus
    wow thanks that worked perfect.i got the same error for my epson R320. now thats gone also...
    got any tips on how i get that drive to load my OS thats on the 11 recovery disc i have for my HP pavillion system???lol yes im new to this... i figured this would be a good learning tool before i actually atempt to build a whole computer that i want to after the first of the year...

If i decide to just leave this 250gbhd in with the 100gb. itis the slave right now. wwould it be best to take PIC,MP3,MUSIC ect...andput it on the 250gb? that way it frees up space in the master 100gb??? just my logic thinking here...

sorry everyone to stray from the topic, but i have found you get better help from people you know than going to a different thread and no one knows you

I still have 3 or 4 movies to burn so plenty of scans to come...
    After the Bengals WHOMP UP on the brownies....(no pun intended there)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

That is how I have my system set up now, I have 2 Maxtor 200Gig drives, the operating system and programs are on one, pics, home movies, and documents are on the other. I have a third drive 40 Gig used as a back up for the pics and important documents as well. Maxtor has a program which allows you to move the entire contents of one drive onto the new drive. One recommendation, Micro$oft Office doesn't like to be moved, so uninstall it before you move your files over, then reinstall it on the main drive. However in your case, which drive is faster? use that one as the OS drive. If they are both the same, keep it the way it is, you'll be fine.
    Building a new computer is a breeze, just make sure you read all the documentation for your motherboard and get the settings right the way you want them before you get too far along.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BlivetNC
    i would leave it the way it is now but i need another HD in my older system for my sons computer the HD in it is shot. so i wanna take out the 100GB and put it in the system downstairs.(putting windows 2000 on it).so i need to get what i have on the 100gb and put it on the 250gb....OS mainly then put what programs and software i want on the newer Drive.

13. whompus

whompus Active member

Good to hear you got it sorted. I answered your pm.

As others mentioned a tool to help change drives is what you need. I would think seagate offers one as well, not sure though. I kinda got the arss at them a long time ago and never went with seagate again.

Maxtor and WD both have the tools for free download to use.

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well im back. and up and running on the new 250GB HD. tell ya what this joker is quite as a sleeping baby compaired to the other drive..lol..
    man man you dont realize how much stuff you install on a computer until you have to reinstall it all again.. ill be here allnight doing this...lol guess there wont be no burning for me today...

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

I have about 90% of the things back on the new HD... yes ive been messing with this all day. getting ready to burn NickJr Picks Holiday for the boys.... be back soone with a scan

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dont know if the new drive made any difference on burning but got a damn good scan. lowest PIF's ever (for me that is)
    [​IMG]

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

let's see i have done 7 movies this weekend not a bad burn in sight.95QS on all but one it was a 90. that was a 2 1/2 hour Nick JR disc of the boys. i dont know if it is the new HD or more of actually the process of reformating and starting from scratch.i dont hear the fans on my system as much as before and this HD is so quite its unreal. i would have thought a bigger HD would be louder. guess im gonna get me another 512mb stick of mem to stick in this system. that will give me a GIG. this little MB can handle 2 gigs(2 1GIG sticks).seeing how cheap they are im also looking to put a P4cpu in it 3.0+... i tlaked to a HP tech this weekend about my system and how to do the HD... P4 is as high as i can go. no HT :( but hey for about another $130 bucks ill have a new system..lol i can talk the wife into that... its not the core 2 duo i want but hey its way better than what i have now...

you all must think im some kind of nut..lmao

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

lol cincyrob - yes you are a nut (but in a good way :0))

19. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Binkie7,
    wait until he figures out that 2 systems can burn twice as fast as one. Or, one on the net, one burning, we may have created a monster here.

20. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

lol - I think you're right there blivetNC
    What have we done!! :0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.