1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here we go. dvdidentifier on these 16x+R's
    grtting ready to burn invincible again
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
    Media Type ID : [004]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

2. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

check this out....not good

[​IMG]

Oops i goofed! these are results of my mistake :( This is what happens when you are in a hurry and don't pay attention to what you are doing! /unjust

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Thats another ouch, second thought time to trade in all these bad boys.Office Max is going to love me with 700 to trade in. Chris

4. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hey i'm sorry everybody.... i think i royally messed up that last burn. I accidently clicked on a missing file. Long story....anyway i looked at the bottom of the disk and in the middle of it , it was blank ...like an unburned ring in the middle of the burn ...my mistake totally! anyway tried it again the correct way and guess what!? great rusult !! looks like what verbs should look like :) im gonna give this stuff a shot, because well ,..they are verbs! , i'll keep everyone posted...here's the new scan results...../p.s. burned this at 12x

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

turn burning at 8x

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@unjust2u
    you did get a good score on that last burn you got there.but your PIF's are real high. a high of 6 isnt bad but not real good either. you would like to have that number cut in half...

Like AABBCCDD said try burnging them at 8x's i dont really know what to burns those MCC03GR20's at i tried everything from 4x to 16x and couldnt get a good scan on them. ive done 12 burns on those disc and onlt gotten a good score on 1 and that was only a 93 with a hig PIF count... here is a scan of what a good verb looks like.... this is one of my best scans but others here have the same drive and type of disc and have gotten even better scans...

[​IMG]

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is a scan of invincible i did lastnight on the MCC004's i replaced those MCC03GR20.

[​IMG]

now thats much better. i can sleep easy with that scan..lol

gonna redo all the ones i did on those -R's

8. SlowSTi

SlowSTi Member

Tell me WHAT is SO bad about these -R's? What does the HI "Pi errors" mean? I dont think its the Pi errors that make disc unplayable or bad, I think its Pi Failures that make the disk unplayable.... Am I wrong?

I have better Quality score on this -R verb than on your +R. Please explain in as much details as you can please. I love to learn new stuff.

[​IMG]

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@slowsti
    your scan there is pretty good you got a 96 score, but your scan if i would have done it on my liteon would be around a 84 just for the fact your PIF spiked up to 7. your right the PIF's is what makes the disc readable.. i cant remember for certain ,but if the PIF spikes up over 8 i think it maybe 9 it is a very hard disc to read... every brand burner is different in how they read on these scans. thats what makes it so hard to justify anything with the scans....
    your PIE's arnt that high a high of 41. thats not bad and it is consistant through out the scan. unlike unjust2u his goes up to 95 and then drops down all the way through the disc it should be down lower and consistant not like a hill up and down.

to be honest looking at my last to scans i posted there. on the one i got a low total of 98 on the PIFS.. but have high PIE's and the one before it on the newer 16x+r's i just got i have a total 815 PIF's but very low number of PIE's that low is pretty dang good. i never really noticed one that low only 8294.

once again you gotta(if i can quote the great docTY) you gotta take these scans with a grain of salt. you might get a awsome score but the disc not play or able to rerip it, and then you will get a scan thta is awfull and play like a jewl.
    the main thing is if the disc play good and you can rerip them then you have a good disc.

here is all the kings men i redid on the +r's pretty good scan im very happy with

[​IMG]

10. SlowSTi

SlowSTi Member

Another thing I noticed with these -R's is that they take ALOT longer to start playing in my Samsung Stand alone DVD player. They make funny sound. couple times. Sound like its trying to re read the disk couple times and then finnaly starts playing.

Could it be -R compatability? I never had problem like this with my Crappy Memorex dvd-Rs.

Please advise.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

to be honest and my opinon i think verbatim is just trying to unload some mistake disc they had. bottom of the line for them.
    as far as the compatiblity of them for you, if other -R's are playig fine with no problem starting up, then once again it might just be those MCC03GR20 disc...hard to really say.

12. SlowSTi

SlowSTi Member

Bottom line is .... I will be going to Office Max and getting 7 Packs of +R's today.

13. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

heres a scan of an 8x burn with those dvd -r 16x verbs....

[​IMG]

14. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

heres #3 for me getting better. but i dont know why

[​IMG]

15. SlowSTi

SlowSTi Member

Now....

thats what I am talking about. 98 quality.

+R's that I exchanged today.

[​IMG]

16. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

hello SlowSTi , Did they exchange all seven packs for you ??? Also was it an even exchange??? just curious?? /unjust p.s. any problems with the cashier or mgmt??

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i took mine back and told them i got them for Christmas present and i wanted the +r instead of -r. the manager told me top go get the +r's and out the door i went before he realized my parents payed 7.98 for them and not the 29.99 that the +r's were..lol

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lmao! You got one great deal there then Cincy! :-D

/me is looking for some cheaper/junky, but OK, dvds to burn screeners onto etc. X)

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

goto microcenter if you have one and get some windata disc. they sure are cheap enough for what you are lookng for..or if you can find them k-hypermedia dvd-r those are real cheap

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, I'm in the UK, so that'd be a bit of a treck! ;)

Thanks anyway :)

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.