1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahick

pahick Member

@binkie7

I never burnt a disc @16x before. Was always worried about coasters. So I said couple hail mary's, threw salt over left shoulder, avoided all cracks in sidewalk, ran over neighbors black cat, and clicked the burn button....both eyes closed of coarse :) Seriously, it turned out better than I thought. Was starting to get tired of trying to figure out best way to burn these Verbs with my NEC. Especially with all the good sales on them coming here shortly.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just got done watching MI3 looked great minus a couple pixels near the middle and close to the end. i just think im doing something wrong,mybe its my system not powerful enough to get it done..???

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're tricks to burn at 16x are too funny :0)

Keeping the pc clean and up to date on the maintenance bit - burning 16x on good 16x media shouldn't be that bad. If it does just cut it down again. Heck blanks now are pretty cheap. So I've experimenting for awhile :)

Burning good 16x lower than 8x can also have the reverse effect. With the newer media low burn speeds no longer mean less chance of errors or playback issues.

Looks like that Liggy & Dees firmware on the NEC is doing a good job.

editted to add: cincyrob - How much compression did you use? This is a big one. Did you use Clone or Recode?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i think i used clone cant remember did it thursday.still haven theproblem with clone getting that error with certain movies it let me do monster house, put in nacho libre and its a no go.....

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i do know i burnt it at 4x. half the speed of the disc..the new 8x+r printable verbs i just got. gonna redo it and use image burn this time.

6. binkie7

For the ones needing heavy compression like MI3 I use Recode or even Shrink before Clone. Just mho but Clone is great but quality wise using more compression is somewhat lacking.
    Maybe why you had pixelation.

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Here's one of my latest from MI3 backup. Again, not bad with these SONY 16X DVD+R, pretty impressive indeed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here my redo of MI3 worse than the first one i did. dont know how it plays yet burnt @ 8X
    [​IMG]

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@CincyRob.......I use CloneDVD, too. but if my compression is less than 80% quality then I use RipIt4Me, and instead of Shrink or Recode I use DVDRebuilder Pro w/CCE! This encoder does a great job on high compression DVDs and the quality can't be beat! I just set it and let it do it's thing! Perfect all the time......the only downer is that it will take anywhere from 89mins to 128mins to do a DVD from start to finish burn with DVDRebuilder! When it comes to quality who cares if it takes 2 hours.... I do 3 movies in batch mode at night when I'm sleeping! LOL the only way to fly!

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the last post was done with shrink.redid it again with nero recode2.a little better..i gotta get me a new system. core 2 duo E6600 4gigs mem 400gb sata HD...lol anyone wanna help pay for it??lol
    [​IMG]

11. pahick

pahick Member

@IHoe

I do the same. Im really liking DVDRebuilder.

@alkohol & cincyrob

Your scans with the LiteOn's seems very consistant from beginning to end for the most part. IS that characteristic of all LiteOn's? My NEC as you can see from the couple I posted usually start high and end low, or vice versa. It doesnt matter if im using Verbs or TY media. Im thinking of trying out one of the 18X burners and have been looking at the LiteOn LH-18A1P-185 . Overall im not the happiest with how my NEC's burn patterns are.

12. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@pahick....... did you check out my 99.8% quality scan? it's got highs and lows and some in between.... don't buy a burner for that reason, because of scans if those movies play great and you can re rip the movie down the road! I have plenty of Memorex (Codes out to RICOHJPN) that are still greeat and some are over 4 yrs old now! That's the real test of a burn and a burner.

I found one that I burned 2 yrs ago.... bought the Memorex before I joined AfterDawn and before I knew better.... but again I lucked out getting RICOHJPN disks and not CMC MAGs! here is the scan:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the movie was made in 2003 but the DVD was released in 4/6/04 when I recorded it!

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

@Ihoe: I have some RICOHJPN R01's that I bought as Emtec! Also, before I knew better.

But they are v good disks! :)

14. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I can't complain ....... I could have got those hated CMC MAGs! And I started burning 4 yrs ago using DVDXCopy that I thought that was G-d! LOL boy was I ignorant till I joined AfterDawn!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Haha, yeah, I have 25 of them disks, and they still play today! That was back in 03 i bought them, methinks... :p

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Ripper..... let's see your scans on those RICOHJPNs? dig one up and let's check it out!

17. Ripper

Ripper Active member

No can do Ihoe, my LG isn't supported in Cd speed :(

Best i can do is a transfer test...

18. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

wow..... what about DVDInfo Pro?

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

No joy with that. And my burner isn't bad, it's the software...

20. binkie7

@pahick
    For that price on the LiteOn I'd pick it up - cheaper than what I paid a few months ago for the SHW-160PS6 at newegg.

@Ripper
    Hmmm we'll have to find on that supports the LG :)

Yeah I have some old Princo, CMC, Vanguard etc that I've tried to scan and they just lock the thing up. Still play but haven't watched them all the way thru. Re ripping - nope too many CRC errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.