1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I think they're turning out good cos they're RicohJPN, NOT Cmc Mag.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep Ripper got that one. lol. Forgot to mention that the last scan was on a CMC MAG M01 by Maxell (16X DVD+R). It could be the Philips drive but I can't remember the model number, it's my friends drive and his media so he's already starting out on the wrong foot. I will educate him later but he's so dang hard-headed. lol. btw already told him that he should have purchased the Verbs at Sams instead of the Maxell. lol.

Dang rookies/n00bs just need some educatin'.......

............c

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Dang had a dog and a wife like that once. Got rid of them both and bought some Verbs. Chris

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO @ chrisC.....

greensman just sent ya another PM..

i have a couple new movies for my sons im gonna try out those 16x+printable verbs i just got from microcenter.. will post scan tomorrow.. gonna be a long night for me here at work..

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

think im gonna like these 16x+r printable verbs as much as i did the 8x i got from newegg... except they arent hub printable... maybe my drive just likes the printable disc..lol got a very nice burn here for my 2 youngest sons. the Doodlebops dance and hop.... well its better than the wiggles they were watching..lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the other doodlebop movie for the boys.nice scan same score a few more PIF's but still nice. might have to get over to microcenter and get 50 more of these bad boys(16x+r printable verbs) $15.99 cant beat that price...

[​IMG]

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    You gotta get a BENQ DW-1655 or DW-1650 so you can get higher than a 95. lol.

Here is a scan of a disc that I did at work. Unfortunately I didn't have quality media but I still got a decent score. Haven't had time to watch it yet but the LITEON SHW-160P6S at work and home do a great job. I burned at 8X so near the middle the errors picked up, I think if I had burned at 4X this might have been a much better scan and burn. I'll have to try it and see.

[​IMG]

.............c

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Hey cincyrob try ripping with Any dvd ripper to your hard drive first and bringing it back out with Clone 2 I think you'll find your score will go up a tad or 2. Chris

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats what i did with these last 2 movies ripped to HD the burned with clonedvd2... its the drive.. ive been informed that the liteons rarely get over a 95 on score.. and a 95 on a liteon is like a 97+ on a benq... now i can use dvdinfopro and get 99's allday long....

Greensman. that scan you have there on your benq would be around a 84 on my liteon due to the fact you have the higher PIF spikes.

i was gonna get a benq dw1650.. they were out of stock, and binkie7, blivetNC and other convinced me on this liteon.. glad i got this baby.. thinking of another..... each drive does these nero scan differntly so they are all about the same

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    I was just joshin you. That LITEON is great. As you know I have the same drive you do and the LH-18AP1. All the drives I have do a good job. I just don't like using the same drive for every thing. Especially since I have 4 optical drives in this system. lol. Mort81 knows why. Had some problems with my puter and went nuts replacing everything trying to get it right. It's still not quite as good as I want it but it's 99% better than it was.

Here is another scan from another crappy disc. I have to take some of my stock to work so I will be able to use good media instead of the known mid-grade media or worse. lol.

[​IMG]

This is the same disc done with the LH-18AP1 LITEON as the BENQ DW-1650 from the previous post...
    [​IMG]

...........c

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman..
    i know ya was just horsen around. but i was gonna get a benq... kinda glad i didnt...havent heard alot of good things about this last batch that is out and about right now... mainly cause i heard there not makeing them any more. i am more than pleased with this liteon.. to be honest i only use it to burn with nothing else.. i use my HP burner to do ripping and all the other stuff.. i think with these 2 combined i got the drive part set up pretty good... now just need a bigger CPU...lol one is never satisfied are they..LMAO...gonna do the illusionist tomorrow.. not my cup of tea but the wife wants it... gotta keep the little lady happy, or i can sneak any more blank disc in the house..

how fast do ya burn with the LH-18AP1 ???thats the one im looking at now

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    6, 8, 12, and 16X all tried but it seems to work best at the 8X speed on the media that I normally use with the LH-18AP1. You know "good stuff", not gonna go into it you know the drill. lol. I think it has something to do with the media not handling the high speeds these drives can attain. Not that big of a difference between 8X and 12X anyway. 1-2 minutes with quality loss is not a gain to me. lol.

..........c

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i'd really like to get me a case that i can have 4 drives in and enough power to do some real mulitple burns with...lol it kills me to go to a store and check out the puters there... like a kid in a candy store... thank god i dont have a credit card to a store like that..lol

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Pretty sweet Tower there BlivetNC.. thats exactly what im looking for when i do my build here in the next month or 2

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  16. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    I would look that PSU up and make sure it is rated fairly high (if you get one with the case). Also check to make sure you won't need something with a higher wattage rating. I ordered a new PSU and got something like 500-550 and wished I would have spent the extra $50 or so and got a 650-700 with SLi for the next build. Am I helpin or hurtin here. Didn't get much sleep last night and tend to ramble on like a woman (no offense binkie7) when I'm tired. lol.

...........c

edit: someone who knows please let me know if this sig is beyond forum rules.........TIA

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman

oh your helping... i understand most of what it takes to do a build, its just the fact that i have never done one and i dont really know what my budget is for one right now... i have taken alot of note from what everyone has told me/showed me... trust me when i go to actually do the build i will have done plenty of homework... its funny the info i get from everyone, you can tell whichj guys build for gaming and which build for power, and which build just t sdee how big of a system they can get.... myself not really into the games that much just want a good decent system i can have enough power to get good burns, thats my main thing. granted the wife uses the computer also but just for email and some researching. you know a little multie tasking..

as far as the building part really not much to it in general plug-n-play..lol install software and burn baby burn.... not worried about OC'ing at this point anyway... but i guess that why i want a core2 duo.. so i can in the future if i get the nerve to...

to be honest i dont thnk i have a big enough power supply now.. think i only have like 350-400w... and ive put in a bigger HD 2 burners more mem. this isnt the same system it was when bought for us... it is a little powerful than it was new.

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    Sorry for the off topic posts but hey you started it. Man that sounds like my boys arguing, lol.

If you want to take a look at some power rigs look at Mort81, kivory666, and aabbccdd. I think that the first 2 have Intel and aabbccdd has AMD. I know these guys and what they do (so do you...lol) and I would take any of their rigs any day. Hope they aren't reading this they may lock up their computers now. lol. I'm also not a FANBOY either way (AMD vs. Intel) I think both companies bring goodness to the table.

We need to post some more scans and see how we're doin on the good media we have. Well at least I'm talking about what's in the thread now. lol.

............c

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

if it deals with a computer here in my book its on topic..lol
    as far as docTY goes he has about 4 or 5 if not more that he has built. intel and AMD.... aabbccdd i think is the top dog for the amd system could be wrong ..

yea id take ther handmedowns any day..lol

20. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@greensman
    Your sig meet the rules - under 50kb, less than 500x200 pixels and no more than 5 lines of text.

Ramble like a women hunh? :0)

I've done 2 builds with help cause I'm no where in docTY's, Mort81 or aabbccdd league in their knowledge of them.

One is AMD and built more for gaming and the other is Intel built more for the dvd stuff.

I'll have to post some more scans too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.