1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i still have about 6 more movies the boys got for christmas i need to backup, i havent gotten to yet doing the new releases... i'll have plenty of scans but hell id scan anything if it would fit in my drive..lol

man gotta learn how to spell/slow down when typing or something..lol

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

@binkie7,
    Thanks you little bundle of sweetness. lol. I can't ever remember the sig rules and I'm to lazy to search for them. The way I look at it: present the sig and let the moderators have their way with it.

Hopefully creaky doesn't bulldog me because he's jealous of my blank Verb collection. lol. j/k creaky, havin a little fun here.

Back in the next post with some sort of scan. I hope it's of a near perfect TY or Verb......

.........c

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i doubt creaky would be jealous over anyone collection of Verbs, NOW he is the king of verbs with all them ultrasexy VERB Ty's...
    will post Crank and the illusionist later

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If you live in the UK, you never get jealous! Me and creaky practically bought out Svp of their Verb Tys (mainly creaky though) Lol!

:)

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh, Yeh, Yeh.

You guys and your SEXY Verbs. lol.

I was talking about REAL Verbs not TY's mascarading as Verbs. lol. I have a shedload of the MCC 003's left and some of the MCC 004's and of course the MCC 03GR20's. Doesn't really matter how many just tryin to give the creakster a ribbin. Haven't seen him much lately, guess his rebuilds are takin some of his time or the console forums are kickin his booty. lol.

.........c

edit: Sorry I lied, gonna post a scan in the next reply. lol.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok scan #1 here. the illusionist/ on 16x+r printable verb
    [​IMG]

more to come

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

very sweet burn here low PIE's & PIF's
    this was done on a regular 16x+r verb burnt at 8x. last one burnt at 8x also

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Scan #3 this one was ripped to HD then burned with clonedvd2. 1 little spike to 3 dropped it to a 93 still a good number.
    very very low PIE's very nice. low PIF's also. take away that spike to 3 and its another 95.... or a 98 on a Benq..lol
    short movie though
    [​IMG]

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@rob

Out of curiosity, how did you get Jitter scanned with that drive (SHW-160P6S) of yours? Is there any button that I should be awared of?

THE NOTEBOOK, another beautiful scanned from Hitachi Maxell (MIJ).

[​IMG]

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@alkohol
    Set the speed as 4x (any higher & no go on this test for LiteOn's).
    Under 'advanced' have jitter test for DVD checked there too.

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Thanks binkie for the note -- I know where/how to set "Jitter" via Advanced button, but I didn't even realized about the speed (worked with 4X only), LOL.

Actually, I've been messing around with the Advanced a while back, but I didn't realized on the speed part because nearly 95% of all my scans are done with 8X.

12. binkie7

@alkohol
    You and me both didn't know about the 4x bit - I need to credit that to wolfy920 from a few pages back.

(advanced thing - yea figured your knew that one but just in case :) )

Nero said the Jitter test was supported for more new LiteOn's w/ this last build but nothing about about the speed setting had to be 4x.

I usually just leave it at the default of 8x.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

OK, I'm back to post a scan. lol. This is pretty good too. I finally finished my buddies new puter. Had a few difficulties but got everything to work and most of the programs loaded. This is the first burn with his setup on a LITEON LH-18A1P on a YUDEN T02.

[​IMG]

Thanks to binkie7 and alkohol for the info on the scan test with Nero CD/Speed.

.........c

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

sweet scan greensman....a new low on PIF's 65 thats very sweet..... is that a supped up rig your friend just built?

sorry i didnt get back to ya quick enough Alkohol but Binkie7 got ya the right answer.. good ole wolfy got us hip to the speed to use the jitter test.... guess thats something else i need to read up on to understand what that does for the disc once burnt..
    @alkohol
    what speed ya burn those MIJ maxells at?

15. binkie7

@cincyrob
    Sounds like a job for the scan man :)

I have a link somewhere going in depth on reading these things - I'll try and find it but you may already have it.

16. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@cincyrob

It's ok and yes binkie to the rescue again, lol :) I burned all of my Hitachi Maxells (MIJ) at 8X and these are the 8X as well. For some reason it's hard to find Hitachi (MIJ) Maxells on the latest 16X, but I've had more lucks with their 8X.

Anyways, here's another pretty re-scanned of THE NOTEBOOK with 4X, Hitachi Maxell (MIJ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDITED to insert DVD Identifier picture.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  17. greensman

greensman Regular member

@rob and all,

I had to scan the same disc with the BENQ DW-1650 just to see the difference and it's about the same as far as results but the PI errors are much less. Scan-Man why is this, I haven't really looked/researched these scans enough to know the answer myself. I also know these things (scans) are 'eye-candy' according to many so not that worried about it, just curious. lol.

[​IMG]

.........c

edit: Sorry forgot to mention my buddies rig. lol.

Not that special really. AMD Opty 175 939 (not OC'd), WD 250 GB HDD w/16MB cache, Pioneer 111D, LITEON LH-18A1P, Abit AN8 32X SLi mobo, EVGA 7600GT X2, Artic Cooler 64 Pro, Adata PC3200 DDR400 512 X4 RAM, Antec Trio 550 SLi PSU, NZXT Lexa-NP Case. Not a power rig but I'd love to have it. lol. Computer ENVY. LOL.....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman.

the scans differ cause of which drive you scan them with... each drive reads differntly than the other benq vs liteon vs pioneer ect.... they have differnt variable that casue them to put out the info.dont ask me what they are i dont have a clue... each has there own technology as to how they read each disc.
    but one thing thats the same on all is, if you redo the same disc over again and again you will get a different score each time.

hope that makes some sence too ya cause im not totaly sure on why each is different just know what i have been reading about

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hey greensman ya might wanna shrink down your pic in your sig before ya get hit by ddp's lightning..lol

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFLMAO.........

Yeh I've been messing with a new photo re-sizer and had some problems getting the settings right. How does it look now? I can't see him giving me any crap for a few minutes tryin to get it right. lol.

.........c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.