1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

looks good now but i think it looked better bigger. could see it real good.
    ya could actually make it a little bigger and still be ok

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

@rob,
    I think this is close to the limits but really don't know how to check to see. Right clicked and from what I can see it's ok. What do you think about the new pic? I liked the cartoon but I really agreed with LOCOENG about the golf course pic, and besides what else would a greensman sig have? Don't answer that one in case someone was thinking about something besides money ($$$$)....lol.

...........c

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea that one there looks great perfect size.. kinda reminds me of Sawgrass...... yea someone might think you were talking about them little plants with 5 leaves on it

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

think its 5 leaves..lol

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

maple trees?? conifers??

lol.......5, 7, and 6 if you have a hybrid strain but very rare........LOL

Not that I really know any about those kinda things......

.........c

I really don't.....had a cousin and some friends in the past that did some unbelievably stupid things.....grow and distribute.......:O

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Greensman,
    to check the size of your signature,
    right click on the picture, go down to properties, and click on it,
    will give you the image size in Pixels, and the total file size in Kbytes.
    Your current size is fine,

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@all,
    Did my first multi-burn session with 2 LITEON burners and will post the scans in a little while. This is really cool and I have to thank the scan-man for walking me through it. Thanks SCAN_MAN!

........c

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

no problem greensman.. get those scan up there.. am real curious to see them... well now that ya did 2 at once go ahead and do all four drives.... i'll send ya some of my cheap K-hypermedia 8x-r's to let ya practice on.. thats what i did.. didnt waist the good stuff in case i screwed up...lol whats bad about it.. i ponded them off on my buddies telling them they are good disc..lol

P.S. they are still playing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  9. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ok, enough waiting. lol. I finally finished scanning all the discs and uploading as well. The first 2 scans are with one burner going and both at 4X on Ritek R03 02 (DVD+R) media. Not the best media as far as I'm concerned but not that bad either. The next 2 are with the multi-burner session at 6X and came out ok but not as good as I would like to have seen, at least the SHW-160P6S wasn't. Yes both of them on the same media: Ritek R03 02 (DVD+R).

I didn't post any stat images because I thought this would be long enough of a post without them. If any of you want them they are available and I can post them for you. Just ask. lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now looking at these scans I will say one thing and that is the LITEON LH-18A1P seems to be a really good writer, or at least it scans the images with more favor for the disc. I think this drive (in my system) is a better DVD burner than the SHW-160P6S, and that's saying something because I put the SHW-160P6S up with the BENQ DW-1650 and DW-1655.

I think if any of you were looking at the LH-18A1P, this may influence you to buy it. Just remember this is my system and it works well for me. I also have the BENQ's but they don't perform to these standards. lol. I will have to say they get between 90-95 most of the time but not as consistent as the LH-18A1P. No I don't work for LITEON, but I like them. lol. It also looks like the media and system prefer 6X, so I may need to try the single burner at 6X.

I'll try four (4) at a time tonight, maybe. It's getting late here in the Lone Star State.

...........c

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not as late as it is here in BUCKEYE NATION...lol i cant see the scans here at work for some reason. did you do them threw photobucket.. they web block photobucket here..lol..
    for some reason greensman when i do my 2 at a time my top drive which is number 2 inline(my hp740i) it gets the lesser of the scores also... im about done here. gonna go dumpster diving at blockbuster before i go home then i'l look at the scans at home

oh yea i know i want the 18x liteon..lol

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    I use ImageShack. Easy for a n00b like me to navigate and it's free of course. The images are coming up on my system so I hope they do elsewhere. Hey if you get anything good let me know and I'll give you my addy and you can ship it my way. lol. Hurry home and look at those scans.

.........c

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

@all,
    Here are the scans as promised and it is really late now. lol. You can read the different drives represented in the scans themselves so I'm not going into that again. It took 11 minutes and 28 seconds start to finish for all 4 to complete and the scans of the discs follow. I set the burners to go at 4X but it chose 8X for all 4 drives. When I did this for 2 drives it chose 6X to burn. Weird, anyone know why?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My first 99 in a long time but I don't think it merits that high of a score but that's what it IS.
    [​IMG]

Definitely cool if you need to do some discs for work or your wife and her Soap Opera or whatever.

Wait no longer ROB there they be. lol.

...........c

edit: Where's aabbccdd??? He should be out of jail by now. lol.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Greensman, the reason for the different burn speeds is due to the program looking for a common burn speed for all the drives possibly?
    Are all the drives the same rated speed, or are they all different>

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

blivetNC,
    Yeh, good call on the rated speed. That was the only common speed for all 4 drives according to IMGBURN. 3- 16X drives and 1- 18X drive but all the same media. I have only done 2 multi-burn sessions so far, so REAL NEW to this. lol. It's a neat feature but I don't see myself using it that often. We'll see.

btw it was quite cool seeing 4 burners going at once and then spitting out a decent product X 4.

@cincyrob,
    You wanted them and then you didn't come and see. lol. You didn't get stuck dumpster diving did you? lol.

............c

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats way too cool for school..lol it just amaze's me how the benq's get higher scores with higher error spikes. that just blows my mind.. that 18x liteon looks to be a awsome drive very good scans on it. very low PIF's how fast did ya say you burned them at? 6x???

as far as blockbuster nothing again... guess my blockbusters dont toss nothing..lol

oh yea aabbccdd is back. just got a pm from him.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just redid crank on the fly.
    [​IMG]

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yup iam out of jail lol

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back aabbccdd!!

@greenspan
    Yep blivetnc hit the nail on the head - Nero looks for a common burn speed on all drives & media.
    Have you also noticed that if just using the LiteOn's the lowest Nero will go is 6x even w/ 8x media?. Not a problem on my end cause I don't burn w/ these lower than 8x.

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

another good burn

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  20. VG2k2

VG2k2 Member

Hey Everyone! Thought id post a few Screens and see if i can get some feedback this burner seems to be working alot better than my older LiteOn. Hope Three Screens isnt too many. Any Feedback would be appreciated :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.