1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfy920

wolfy920 Member

Been away for work for a while. Heres a scan I did last night.

[​IMG]

my first dl.

still trying to get some +r media, This dl was all i could find locally. I'll be going away for work again next week, maybe i can find some ty or verb +r there. If not I'll order some when i get back......:)

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

@VG2k2,
    Those look good to me. Your SHW-160P6S burns better than mine. o_O

And your using decent media RICHOJPN R03 and YUDEN T02 (really good media) for your backups, you sure you're a newbie? lol. Is the RICHOJPN R03 memorex by chance?

The PI errors might be considered a little high but the PI failures are great, especially on the last one. Nicely done I say.

What is your puter set up and what method do you use to backup your movies? Just curious. Happy burning.....

........c

3. wolfy920

wolfy920 Member

4. wolfy920

wolfy920 Member

a couple of scans I did a while ago... See the spike at 2.0 circle in red?? this same spike shows up on all my scans at the same place.
    Any one seen anything like this??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I should think (not too sure) its merely something to do with your drive's firmware's dvd writing strategies. Nothing to worry about rly. Your scores are in the high 90s, so way up there. PI faliures of 2 is great...

:)

**Just thought I'd chip in, cos I haven't posted in this thread for a while**

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@VG2k2

those are 3 very nice scans.. alot of us here have that same drive. very nice one at that. your last scan is very nice.. a total of 77 PIF's is awsome... the lower the better. thats what makes the disc readable. your PIF... you wanna keep them low as possible.... your first scan isnt bad either. you PIE's are consistant across the scan thats good. you dont want alot of up and down motions there....

very good scans and welcome to AD. hope your vist is pleasent....WINK...

PS.. i see your doing your scan at 4x thats good. do into advance setting there in the bottom right side of graph and choose the jitter test, gives ya even more info on your disc

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@wolfy920,
    Thanks for the link to the new Nero CD/DVD Speed. I needed another copy and this made my search so EASY. lol.

cincyrob,
    How's your day going? At home scanning like a madman? btw picked up another 10 pack of the printable CD-R's. Going again today. lol.

..........c

edit:

@Ripper,
    New to this as you know. Would a re-flash on wolfy920's drive make a difference. Its seems odd that the spike is in the same place everytime. Just a curiosity to me. It looks like he has the latest update unless it's in a HP puter.

8. wolfy920

wolfy920 Member

@ Ripper Thanks for chiping in, Greensman even has the course for ya..lol....I have a feeling it's in the firmware to, was looking for an opinion.......thanks

@Greensman glad i could help out!!!!

9. wolfy920

wolfy920 Member

Oh ya and @ greensman.nope not an hp pos puter..... :)

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol :)

Glad I could help. I should imagine JoeRyan could tell you exactly why, maybe you should PM him. If you do, mention my name >;-)
    He knows his stuff though, so go for it. :)

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@GREENSMAN

no this day is pretty shitty. well in here anyways.. im getting close to be a neighbor of docTY's if ya follow my meaning... as far as scans go i dont have anything to scan right now..

12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ok haven't posted a scan in awhile so here's one done tonite - burned and scanned on the external.
    Didn't burn to the edge per usual cause Shottas is under 4 gig.

[​IMG]

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok im home now. nice burn there Binkie7 nice numbers overall.

@Wolfy920

the only thing i see wrong with those scans and i had them too. is the media you have there..those are the 16x dvd-r verbs from office max arent they..code=MCC03GR20. the few i did i got the same spike.i posted some of those in here. if ya go back 5 or 6 pages i think you will see some i did that look just like the ones you did.

14. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello everyone ! Hey I have been following these scans and some are great! I was wondering how you guys were burning two three or more dvd burners at once?? Do you need special software for that? Do you need a dual core processor?? I just ordered two LH-18A1P-185 liteon's and i want to try and do more than one movie at once, is that possible? I have a P4 3.0 with 2 gigs ram would that be sufficiant?? any tips or links would be highly appriciated! /Unjust p.s. what in the world did aabbccdd do to get in trouble on the forums? i always take his advise as well as the others here and he has always been helpful as well as respectful in my opinion. ....thanks for all the help!

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Unjust2u,
    Only done this twice but twice none the less. lol. First time I did 2 burners then did 4 burners at once, pretty cool btw. As far as I know the only way we can do this is Nero Ultra Edition. Here is the link.

I don't really know what it will take to do this as far as computer requirements but my AMD 2.0 3200+ w/ 1GB RAM did it just fine. Let us know how you like the new drives. I have the LH-18A1P and love it.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/382735#2372980

Thank cincyrob and garmoon for this. All I did was follow it with some help from cincyrob.

.........c

16. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

I have been reading the scans and was wondering what everybody set thier target size for ?? i adjusted mine to 4400 , is this to close to the edge? i recently had it at 4360 but reinstalled nero and set it to 4400. anyone have a problem at that setting?? /unjust

17. VG2k2

VG2k2 Member

@GREENSMAN
    the RICOHJPN R03 was purchased on Meritline.com as - Ritek RiData 8X DVD+R Blank Media 4.7GB White Inkjet Printable

puter setup is a 3.2Ghz P4, 1024GB DDR400, WD Raptor 74GB HD ( OS ), 2.2TB ( SATA & IDE ) Total HD Space ( i know that has nothing to do with burning but i like telling people :) ), and ofcoarse a LiteOn DVDRW SHW-160P6S

method for backing up is
    Ripping, Ripit4Me, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink ( Shrink as an .iso )
    Burning Nero ... unsure of the version im at work now :)
    Also i burn as slow as possible which seems to be 6x for both my TY and Ritek +Rs will burn no slower... and my -r Riteks will let me burn at 4x

@wolfy920 Thanks ill check out that newer version ive been wanting to try a jitter test

Im going to do some more burning this weekend ill run the jitter test and see what happens and post the results thanks everyone!

Oh BTW anyone know why i cant burn slower than 6x on my the above listed media???

18. wolfy920

wolfy920 Member

@ cincyrob

Ya they are verb 16x -r, not from office max though, got these from meritline .

I think these discs are gonna be ok but I really wanna get some +r's and booktype them. The +r dual layer I burned the other night plays in every box I put it in and its booktyped....

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@wolfy920

thats odd. meritline selling to verbs also...i took all the ones i had back(150 of them) and got the +r's..there has been people have some good luck with them. hope you are one of them..

@Binkie7.

i was reading in the thread you posted in about saw3...it has the same type of protection that crank and talladega nights had.. i didnt have any problem with talladage nights, didnt think i had any with crank.. seeing what you all said about it looping i checked mine again. needless to say it loops at the begining once i was able to get pass that the movie played fine.. i used clonedvd2 with anydvd.. so i reripped it with RI4M. you know its process. i just stopped before it got to shrink.. who can i find out if its gonna loop again with the files i have from RI4M and fixvts??? or do i just have to burn it and see what it does???

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    Use Nero Showtime to play the file from your computer. You should be able to go to the file and right click on any VIDEO_TS 'image' and choose Showtime as the program to play. If you have Daemon Tools or VirtualClone by ELBY you can mount the ISO image if you have created it. Hope this helps.

.........c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.