1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i didnt go about it that way, but i got a good copy now.. instead of guessing i just use clonedvd2 and took out everything except the movie and menu. heck it is barely over 2GB's now..small movie..lol no looping or any thing.. doing a scan on it now. will post when its done

edit to add scan.
    [​IMG]

gonna get gridiron gang today.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    So you took the ripped file from RI4M and used CloneDVD2 to create your new ISO? Have you played it yet, is it ok? Just wandering because of the problems I've read about Crank. Not that many just a few here and there. lol.

.....c

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup thats what i did used the file from ripit4me opened clonedvd2 unchecked everything except the first title and burned away @ 12x i should say took 6:24 to do it

4. VG2k2

VG2k2 Member

12X!!! is that normal to burn movies that fast??? I've always burned at the slowest speed possible... I thought I heard somewhere that burning that fast causes alot of problems but by looking at your scan i guess not.... i have the option to burn at 16x i think with my TYs i guess imma see if thats possible :)

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

VG2k2,
    12X is ok if your setup will do it. cincyrob has burned a lot at different speeds and it seems his system will do 12X just fine. cincyrob add to correct if need be. lol.

Now on the other hand I'm still old school and burn at 8X max. I've done the 16X burn but didn't like the results, to many errors and failures for me.

I think if you use good quality media and want to burn at 8X it should be ok. TY, Verbs, and Maxell MIJ are great media. Some Ritek and Ricoh are good too. For the media of choice just do a little research. lol.

...........c

edit: Man I'm slow today. NO COMMENTS. lol

Media I use/have:
    TY:YUDEN T02, TYG03, TYG02, TYG01
    Verb: MCC 003, MCC 004, MCC 03GR20
    Ritek: R03 02
    Maxell: MAXELL 002

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

with the older 16x media i wouldnt suggest doing it that fast. but the newer stuff. i have found that i dont have a problem with burning them at 12x verbatims or TY's nothing else for me at that speed. i dont normally burn them that fast. but 8x is the slowest i burn. ive even done a few at 16x. they turned out great done 3 actually at 16x. but the media now is getting alot better much better than in the past and for this stuff you now the past means 6 months ago..lol im not to keen on doing everything that fast, but it was a small movie so what the heck..lol plus the manufactures of these disc from what i have heard they are not makeing anymore 8x media it soon will all be 16x. so they have to make it better.. you know when the 8x stuff first came out im sure it had flaws... but they got it worked out great. and now they are doing the samething for the 16x media.

wow thats one of them docTY post there..lol

well not really a docTY post still need another 3or 4 paragraphs...lol
    hope all is well docTY..

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Crank is easy,
    AnyDVD and Clone DVD and a sheep icon with a Boston hat on its head.
    Good movie by the way. It'll work for you too, I'd bet on it, I know Petey did.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@cincyrob
    I didn't have a problem with either - used CloneDVD on both I think. Crank I know I did cause I unchecked the other movie version w/ the director stuff in it.
    Others here have said they had a looping problem but I haven't come across that.
    I use Clone like vobblanker - I do a full backup unchecking blank stuff and stuff I don't want.
    I did Shottas last night that others said AnyDVD w/ Clone didn't handle for them - took all off 11 mins and plays fine.
    Used RipIt4Me on it too for the heck of it - threw some patching errors on it - ignored them and seems to have come out fine - just flipped thru it.

@wolfy920
    I don't set my target size lower and burn to the edge w/ a minimum burn speed of 8x. Have been for over 2 years and not problems with them yet ;)
    I think your fine on the pc specs for burning to multiple burners. I've done quite a few. No dual core on that pc either - 2.8 ghz w/ 1 gig of ram - has hyperthreading if that makes a diff.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just did gridiron gang. used ripit4me then burned with clonedvd2 at 8x. gonna do it again on the fly(disc to disc). see what i get.. plus i used my liteon to do the ripping on this one instead of my HP740i.

[​IMG]

the more i use these 16x+r verbs the better they get. guess this litey is getting adjusted to the 16x media

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this one here is on the fly entire disc.. big file here.. took 33 mins everything.. will do 1 more time movie and menu only. but gonna use the liteon to rip with and the Hp to burn with.
    had the one spike on this one not bad, not that great either

[​IMG]

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

as promised movie and menu only.also scaned with dvdinfopro.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

look at the PIF's on both scans damn near the same.... 2 sweet.....

im off for the night.
    time to visit with the wife for the night.... ;)~

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Nice scans...
    I have to try a different scanner just cause I can. lol.

@all,
    Here are a couple that I did tonight.

Hoot I ripped (RI4M) in with the LH-18A1P then burned with Nero strait from the HDD ripped file (VIDEO_TS folder).
    [​IMG]

A Scanner Darkly I ripped (RI4M) with the LH-18A1P, used Nero Recode 2 to 'shrink' the file (97%=3% compression), created ISO with Folder2ISO then burned using IMGBURN. Sounds like a lot of steps but not much time involved. (less than 30 min....if I added right....lol)
    [​IMG]

Neither one are as good as I hoped for but they ain't bad. lol. I hate perfectionism. LOL.
    ..........c

13. VG2k2

VG2k2 Member

When you all backup your movies i was wondering if you removed the 2ch audio and just kept the 5.1 i noticed both are listed on DVD shrink and was curious if i need both or just one or the other... trying to save compression and thought that might be my ticket... feedback?

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

VG2k2 , yeah you just want to keep the 5.1 channel audio your TV will downmix it to 2 channel if thats all you have.

plus the two channel has the directories comments in it that can cause playback problems so def. uncheck the two channel audio

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Then only time you may want to keep the 2 channel audio is in case you have a foriegn made film where the english sound track is on the 2-channel track, I haven't seen it very often but it does exist.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea dont do what i did a few weeks back. did like 3 movies useing the 2 channel setting boy was i mad when i went to watch the movie..lol as someone once told me remember a 6pac of beer(6) thats the channel ya want the

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL @cincyrob,

Did that once or twice myself. Shoot I even did one without sound when I started cutting stuff out. Made the movie smaller, much smaller! lol.

I did a couple of scans of Shadowboxer, one with Nero CD/DVD Speed and the other with KProbe. btw the best scan I've ever had with KProbe but only about the 8th one I've done. lol. Of course on the LITEON LH-18A1P burn and scan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These seem very similar to me. As you know if you have a LITEON DVD-RW drive you can use KProbe. Both scans have the "fat" spike at the end but I'm sure they play well. All the other movies have. Burn on and happy scanning........

..........c

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive never really compaired kprobe with nero, but from looking at that scan there it and neros are real close in numbers supriseingly

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Nice to see someone using Kprobe. It seems to be better than CD Speed for LiteOns.

20. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Thought I would post this. The quality score is good but this is a bad disc, I just watched this and it has a bunch of skips and pixels! This dvd-r 16x Verbatim is not good at all !! /Unjust

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.