1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol @ little man. I'm going to get you all back on day X)

Hehe, jokng, :)

I have to agree, the 18x or even 20x LiteOns do look quite inviting ;-)

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hmmmm hacked??????

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes Rob; as in it lets you burn to the drives full potential. As long as you know what you're doing, or do it with guideance, it's fine. Not hacked as in the way you associate hacking with cracks fro programs like AnyDVD etc... :)

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

lol @ cincyrob,
    Your thinking the wrong thing. lol.

I believe he has un-official Pioneer firmware. I would guess BUFFALO.

Ripper is that right. Set MR. cincy on the right track. ;)

btw rob, docTY has the Pioneer 109-D with buffalo firmware. You know if docTY has it, it's gotta be good........o_O

........c

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Btw, greensman, I don't have a Pioneer, I've just picked up a lot of knowledge on these things over my time here at AfterDawn.

Edit: And you are right, it's Buffalo patched/hacked firmware. :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

no i know what it means im not a idiot. i just think if you have to put other firmware to it, it must not be that good in the first place?????? just my way of looking at it...i know other who have donme this to make there drives better taking a lower grade drive and hacking it with benq firmware....ect....

edit
    see what i mean greensman thats what i was talking about docty took something and made it into the benq, useing that hacked firmware.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

No one called you an idiot, did they. Lol

And you're right, it does seem that way. However, these drives are built with the potential to do much more than their manufacturers allow. The patched firmware merely opens up the drives full potential...

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

unsubscribed

9. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hey got a question? I seen on this thread that a few have up to four dvd drives, well i bought two LITEON LH-18A1P's and i also have two nec's hooked up for a total of four drive. well my problem is i cant get the liteons to booktype, like everytime i try under nero or liteon's booktype utility it says changed but when i burn a disk its just a reg. dvd+r. no dvd-rom? i have the two liteons installed under cable select under the jumpers, should i change them to slave or maybe one master one slave?? or maybe its something else entirely?? any help would be appriciated. /unjust

10. biggun31

biggun31 Member

@greensman

Thanks for the links but seeing as i couldn't decide i just went ahead and ordered both. lol.

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL @ biggun31,
    That's what my buddy did for his AMD build.

@Unjust2u,
    I'm the nut with 4 optical drives. lol. I have my LITEON LH-18A1P set as MASTER and the LITEON SHW-160P6S set as SLAVE. The other two: BENQ DW-1655 set as MASTER and the BENQ DW-1650 set as SLAVE. I normally use IMGBURN to write and it has a utility that book types these 2 drive makers. Don't know if this helped but there you have it. lol.

........c

Nero should bit-set those drives but I really don't know Nero that well, you might do a search in the Nero forums. Sorry couldn't help out there.

12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep Nero should automatically booktype those LiteOn's. I know w/ the older ones it didn't and I had to set it every time.

If you have a Dell pc they prefer cable select - if you don't then like greensman said :)

13. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello All, well cable select was the way for me on the liteon's . Here's a post of my first burn with one of the drives. Looks real steady/smooth. now to see how it plays...thats what counts!

[​IMG]

14. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

I did two at the same time in nero. These were burned at 8x simultaneously ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Unjust2u,
    How do they play in the dvd player?

Man those look dang nice. I think that's a new low for PI Errors (56). Good job ol' chap. lol. Verb MCC 004 no less. :) Shoot and the LH-18A1P has new firmware got to download that right away. :) :)

...........c

edit: Unjust2u, where did you get the firmware GL0F? I have GL03 and did a quick search and found nothing. Will try later when I don't have so many distractions. lol.

edit#2: LOL. I found the GL0F firmware but didn't find the stock GL03 anywhere. That seems strange to me. Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  16. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

17. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Here's a post of my second try at burning both my new Liteon's at the same time with nero......both seem to play just fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  18. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ujust2u,
    You gotta quit posting them great scans. You is embarrassin us. LOL. Man those are great. A 98 (scan) on a LITEON is tremendous. I know when cincyrob sees that, he won't care how much that thing costs or if the shipping is free. Know your reading this rob, hehe. I just flashed my LH-18A1P and will post some scans tomorrow. I gotta get some sleep. *yawn*.

Nicely done again Ujust2u. :)

.......c

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Is it ok to come out??

HOLY SHIP'S that is freakin unreal.... you sure thats not a pressed disc? that blows my mind away. let alone a 98 on th elitey but a low of 43 PIF's thats just to sweet.... and the one before that might only be a 90 just because of the spike up to 4, but over all only 85 total PIF's thats just mind boggleing. you cant get any better than that right there, plus a multisession burn.

i thought the 56 low pif would be hard to beat but yet you toss out a 43 keepem coming.. please say they play great. i'd hate to see a scan that awsome and the disc not play...lol stranger things have happened..

great job Unjust2u

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well heres my latest multisession burn... no where near as good as Unjust2u's scans....
    on this burn my HP put out the better scores...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is a odd burn.. look at the HP drive has the higer number of PIE's but low PIF's and the liteon has a very low number of PIE's and a higher amount of PIF's very interesting... i havent watched either disc yet, but have put them in the dvd player and searched through them and they look great both of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.