1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    Nice to see that you didn't stay away to long. hehe. Those are pretty good scans but Unjust2u (us really...lol) has us reeling and feeling unwanted. :)

I think the low PIF's on the HP is good but that odd pattern on the PIE's is strange. LOOK at the consistancy of the LITEON (yours not Unjust2u) with the PIE's. Good in my book that is.

Gotta drop off the kiddies and act like work means something. laterz......

......c

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i noticed the high part on the PIEs on the HP. thats what has me confused. normally i get that when i adjust the compression for more on the menu and extras and less on the movie.. i get that pattern all the time when i do it like that. but there are no extras or menu on this movie. has me baffled...

thats how im gonna start every post from now on..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks rob ol' buddy. I posted that link in the "nice media thread" for the other guys. That's not the same one I had before but it says the same stuff. lol. Man I lost a bunch of links when I built my new computer last year. My bad. LOL.

....c

Man I have to do some scans tonight with that new firmware. Oh! btw thanks for the heads up on the new version of RI4M. updated and ready for anything.....

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well if this is the big stinker of the year im not impressed..just did saw3 with anydvd and clonedvd2 no problem 23:18 havent watched it yet but heres the scan
    its not a 43 but a good scan. little high on the pif total.
    gonna do it a couple more times, different ways

[​IMG]

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well got a few scans here. i did a mutlisession burn of saw3... the scan above here i did with anydvd and clondvd2 movie and menu only as you can see i got 95 on but the darn disc won play at all???? see these scans dont mean squat..lol

so i used ripit4me. ran it through dvdshrink (had to do it that way cause is was like 5gb and couldnt use nero multiesession with that big of a file on a single layer disc DUH..lol)
    it did take about 45 mins to run through dvdshrink??? but i now have 2 working copies movie and menu. once again my hp got a better score than my liteon(scratches my head hmmmm?)
    i have played them both used scene selection fastforward everything works great.

yea im done rambleing heres the scans..lol
    this one was done on the liteon.
    [​IMG]

this one with the HP740i
    [​IMG]

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

hey cincyrob,
    It was easy with Any and Clone but didn't play for sh!t. lol.

Those scans with the next 2 look ok but your pif's seem high. You said they play fine tho. Which drive are you ripping in with? I would be curious to know for the same reason I've tried all 4 of mine. Mine do about the same but your HP may not rip a good image and vice versa. I can't see that making a difference but really curious to find out. :)

Gonna PM you later, at work right now. lol.

.....c

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman.

i use my HP to rip with. i used ripit4me used that file and ran it through shrink then used nero to multie burn with.. this is the second time the hp scan has come out like that... like i said earlier it does that when i use more compression on the menu and extras but these last 2 times i didnt do that kept it even across the board,.. the liteon's pif TOTAL is kinda high but the max is ok(i prefer a 2 there but ok) and the HP's totalis under 900 thats pretty good and a max of 2 thats the lowest i have ever gotten so am happy with it.. just seems odd the way it is doing it on the multiesession right now

im doing texas chainsaw massacre the beginning right now.. so far the scan looks awsome.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is texas chainsaw the beginning
    looked awsome up till the end and got that spike to 4 on the pif's still overall a good burn...

i just took the disc out of the drive and had one of my fingerprints on the edge gonna rescan it
    [​IMG]

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Here's 2 scans - both 95 - one on Memorex (Ricoh) and TY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: fix links :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not a bad scan there on saw3 Binkie7... looks better than mine..lol
    just gonna wait on the anydvd update and we'll get some real good looking scans from it..lol or just let unjust2u or greensman do the scans on those 18x litey

12. binkie7

LOL - I like the idea of someone else doing the scans ;)

I used AnyDVD 6.1.1.1 and CloneDVD for Saw 3.

13. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Be careful who you volunteer out on this forum. lol. You might just get someone like binkie7 to take you up on it. rofl.

@binkie7,
    I'm curious what your response to storm1234 question's will be. Smart burn feature? Please let us know. lol.

.........c

15. binkie7

Yep greensman you got me figured out - you know how us girls can be :p

Actually I need storm1234 to refresh my memory - old age sucks - lol
    Looks like a great cd scan there though.

16. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Storm1234
    those spike actually are going up. they start at zero and go up. the disc are being read by the drive.they are read by what is called a "pit" in the disc.depending on how it is read will determine how high a number it is. those are very good numbers you have on the cd-r.

it is pretty consistant across the board. thats what ya want to see.what would be perfect is to have almost a straight line across but what you have is good...

hope this helps some.i know thats not that good of a answer as to why it looks like that... im still learning myself

18. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

Look closer, don't look at the blue, look for green ull see the spikes like a cm apart.

Storm~

19. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Wow... check this out, I was amazed with these 2 different scans from SAW 3 UNRATED EDITION, it's looking sweet. Again, since I'm sucha Hitachi-Maxell-holic, here's another one.

4X scanned, this is one in every 500 or 1K scans, lol.

[​IMG]

8X scanned

[​IMG]

20. binkie7

You got us beat on the pi failures (well me at least :) )

What burner did you burn these with? Curiosity :)

FlyBoy (previous page ) was burned at work and for the life of me can't remember that make & model. Guessing that maybe depending on the make and model scanned or burned w/ may not show. Though I have burned w/ a Plextor at work and it did show them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.