1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Well, here's OPEN SEASON -- quite awesome indeed, considering all-the-way to 4471MB. Just another HITACHI Maxell (MIJ) 8X DVD+R booktyped to DVD-ROM. Ripped with DVDFab Decrypter, modified with VobBlanker 2130B4 and burned with Nero Burning Rom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

very nice scan there alkohol. i havent gotten open season yet will get it friday.. i did do The Marine.. pretty good movie alot better than i thought it would be.. pretty nice scan i got on it also on the verb 16x+r.. i did this on one o f the few 8x+r TY's i have left and got a awful score on it. but it does seem to play ok i havent watched it all the way through..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i did notice. on the back of the TY disc. they write from inside out. i see a small like pen point about a 1/4 inch out from the hub where it burned then had that spot on it. looks like a pen point had touched it there or something. it might have been a peice of dirt or something. i have 2 spots like that on the disc. i think thats why the bad score. but it is only at the beginning of the disc (preview's/menu). deffently not gonna toss a TY...lol

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres one for ya Alkohol. burnt all the way to the edge.4471
    [​IMG]

redid this one with everything on it didnt take nothing off.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

holy cow not a post for 2 days???
    well heres my scan of open season. no problems with it at all. everything burnt on this one. very nice scan on 16x+r printable verbs

[​IMG]

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sorry there cincyrob but it was Superbowl Sunday :)
    Then all the prep for the parties (me none - just buy liquor & go)

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i know what ya mean..lol been almost 2 whole days i havent burned a thing. was cooking chicken wings all day yesterday.allmost ran out of budweiser's lol we moved the computer out in the living room.so i didnt have to go anywhere sat at the computer drank budweisers ate wings, teased the wife when the first kickoff ran back for a TD, started burning Open Season jokeing with my buddy who wanted the bears to win after grossman threw is 400th interception..lol i had a good night.
    other than these TYS(mij sony's) dont wanna give me a good score on the scans..
    other than then the raiders getting a good 1st pick in the draft and makeing the superbowl next year all was great...lol

7. binkie7

Yeah it was a good game. I was glad to see Indy win.

But I did manage 1 burn yesterday - still trying to get a scan with low pif like yours and Unjust2u.

[​IMG]

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heck 479 is low.. very low id be happy if every burn i did was that low every time.. seem like for me every 3rd or 4th scan i get them around 200 or lower. to me if they are under 500 im on top of the world..

how was that movie "flags og our fathers"

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Nice scans there rob and binkie -- keep 'em coming. Actually, all I really care for are PIE and PIF, as long as my scans are 10 on PIE and 2 on PIF, then they're great.

These would have been 99% quality on DVDInfo Pro, but since my DVDInfo Pro expired, I would rather use Nero instead, plus Nero is a great CD-DVD scanning tools.

Yep, COLTS rules...

10. binkie7

@cincyrob
    Good movie - it's the 1st part of 2 of Clint Eastwood's movies on Iwo Jima.
    Not a Saving Private Ryan but good movie - gives the details of the flag that raised on the island and the guys who raised it.

@alkohol
    Very true - these would score higher with something else - but yeah I'm just sticking with the Nero scans too. All I really need.

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I haven't really posted a scan since December 10th or so and I finally finished all my DVD-R TYG03s and my DVD+R YUDEN000T03S..... Those disks gave me 90-93% scores but my PIEs and PIFs were too high..... I now burned a couple of my YUDEN000T02s and here is the lastest scan proving that Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+Rs (YUDEN000T02) are best for my burners, Philips 8631 (a rebadged BenQ 1620) and my external BenQ 1655:
    [​IMG]

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@IHOE.
    i know this is more of docTYs territory, but the 16x-r TY's he say's you will get lower scores than the +r. 4-5% lower. im kinda in the same situation you are. my litey seems to prefer the verbs over the TY's i havent burned alot of TY's on it.15-20 if that many.

im at work and cant see your scan(they got it blocked here)
    how do they play? not trying to be condasending or anything i know you know that these scan dont mean a whole hoot, its all about playback and being able to rerip.

i know myself i do get caught up in these scans more than i should, but i just find them interesting. i look at them the same way ALKOHOL looks at them the pie's and pif's 10 & 2(kinda like playing spades.lol).

@Binkie7
    i just talked my buddy here at work(BigWill) into getting the 18xliteon shouild have it monday. $35.63 shipped

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

stay away from that 20x Lite-On guys

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@aabbccdd
    ive heard that before about the 20x litey. what is it that makes it so bad right now? myself im going for the 18x litey for my new build at the end of the month 2 of them.

@Ihoe
    now that i acn see your scan there. thats not a bad scan your PIF's max of 4 isnt bad for your benq. i bet if i had that disc and scaned it on my litey it would only be a 2 max. and the total of 309PIF's you cant beat that way to sweet. the PIE's a max of 12 nothing wrong with that either total of 39000 is pretty good also seeing you burnt all the way out to the edge of disc.

over all i think its a good scan/burn id take it if ya dont want it...lol

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

sorry double post

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Cincyrob.........I had 300 TYG03s and 300 YUDEN000T03s and I just finished with them! I have only another 100 or so YUDEN000T02s and I will buy another 500 or so because those babies are the best! Best for my 2 burners. And if I use DVDInfo Pro to do the scans I get even a higher rating and better PIE and PIFs! but I think Nero scans are better than DVDInfo Pro's.

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i dont wanna keep posting in different threads. if y a want everyone go to docTYs thread and see my last post about windata's/ty disc i have found

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Ihoe
    i agree with you dvdinfopro is to easy to get the score you want. nero is much better thans dvdinfopro i think. if you have a liteon like i do(i know you have the benQ's) K-Probe is the best i think gives just the reading on the PIE's and PIF's no quality score just the errors and failures.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Rob, its the chipset in that new Lite-On 20x thats the problem . not as good as the 18x burner

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

aabbccdd,
    Thanks for adding that. I figured it may be the chipset. I have the 18x and love it, produces some good products and quality scores.

......gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.