1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

sure man and thank you for all the kind words you send my way in all the threads greensman . little things like that make it worth posting here

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Your welcome my friend! If it were not for the "TRULY" knowledgeable we poor n00bs wouldn't have a chance on getting anything right or being able to do what we needed with the situation we've gotten ourselves into. lol. :) btw it makes us "feel" good too knowing you guys are willing to help us even tho some of the "members" here don't appreciate the wisdom/knowledge the TRUE aD ADDICTS have. :)

@cincyrob,
    Ordering a new mobo in the next few days so I'll be able to take up some more space on your little thread here. lol. Finally got it sorted out, as far as anyone can tell it's the mobo and hopefully nothing else has fried/burned because of a cheap A$$ mobo. Part of the learning thing I was talking about in the new PC building thread. :)

.....gm

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just the MOBO Greensman??? thats great if thats all it is. make sure you get some sata connections on that puppy. might as well get ya another 18x litey with sata connection make a great drive super..lol hope it works out for ya.. this aint my thread its OUR thread.

going to walmart in the morning to get some movies so ill have plenty to keep me busy this weekend theres 4 or 5 that i want to get that came out tuesday.

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

@blivetNC,
    Yep that's the one I have as well. cincyrob was just ribbing me into getting another one since I'm getting the new mobo. (I've already got 4 optical drives) lol. You know how those dang RED's fans are. ;)

ASUS mobo

This is the one that I plan on getting as long as they have it for a few more days. :)

7. Playr

Playr Regular member

Currently, Newegg has no Lite-On 16x burners in stock. I finally gave up on my LG-4167B (isn't supported in Nero quality scans and I can't for the life of me get PI errors <300 w/ it regardless of media). Sooooo, I just purchased the Lite-On LH-18A1P-186. Link here

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

They had them in stock when I looked, they go fast don't they?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just did flags of our fathers on a sony 8x+r mij(ty). still not all that good compared to the verbs.
    [​IMG]

i dont like this new image hosting scheme to hazey/foggy.

gonna do grudge2 on another sony(mij)

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the grudge2 on that sony mij..another not so good scan....gonna do it again same way on a verb.

[​IMG]

11. Playr

Playr Regular member

Yep.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the grudge2 on my beloved verbs.

[​IMG]

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Pretty good scan there cincyrob. ;) Those MCC 004's do very well on your machine.

You might try this link for your picture uploads. I use it and like it pretty well. Anyway just giving you another avenue for your uploads. :)

...gm

I may have to do a backup on my old rig just so I can join in on the fun. lol.

14. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

@cincyrob
    Binkie7 put me onto photobucket.com for hosting images. I've been using it for all my CD scans over at the CD-R(W)Media forum.

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea the last scan i posted was with photobucket.
    the imageshack i use to use bt they had problems and never went back

16. biggun31

biggun31 Member

OKit's been afew since i posted anything to this tread but as with last time i explained i had a burner die. But when the two new burners i ordered arrived i just decided to put them into the new build i am doing so i needed a third burner for this machine. I went to the local computer shop and all they had was Samsung sh-s182m's. So i decided to try it out.(30 bucks...what the heck). But I decided to test it and kinda give ya'll a look and see what ya think of it's proformance.
    Reviews say it's slow in ripping.
    [​IMG]11 mins and 33 secs..i can live with that.

Ok..Burning speed?
    [​IMG]17 mins and 19 secs...with verify on.

Ok ok..getting to the point. Whats it's burns scan like. Well thats sorta what i want to know. Both play well but one was done on memorex and the other on Verbatim.

Memorex..
    [​IMG]

Verbatim..
    [​IMG]

Both burned at 4x...sorry if this post was long and boreing.

17. Ripper

Ripper Active member

18. biggun31

biggun31 Member

@Ripper
    Checked the DMA and everything is fine. The ripping speed is believed to be coming from the Firmware. Least thats what i have gathered from researching the matter.

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@biggun

well your last scan there is pretty dang good. i dont see anything wrong with it other than a little high on the PIE's at the beginning of the movie but thats mostly the menus, previews so no biggy. low PIF's is great.

now that first disc(memorex) thats your problem there. if you just got those drives i would only put the verbs in it. you can get/find verbs everywhere and most the time as cheap as the memorex and other poorly made media. get them on sale and even cheaper.

the first scan isnt all that bad. the pie's went up to 20 but thats not bad at all but look at the total pie's 70,000 almost twice the amount you had on the verb... if you say it plays ok then your good to go. but will it play a year from now? thats what make the verbs better in my point of view.

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Meh, it may be memosux labelled, but I have some RICOHJPNR01 (4x - LOL), and they play perfectly to this day. They were Emtec when I bought them... Haha. :p

I think you should be ok with those disks, just don't buy Memorex in future.

Also, your drive doesn't have Riplock or anything, so as long as DMA is on, you're fine. =)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.