1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Biggun31,
    Those burns don't look that bad like cincyrob said, the key is how they play in the future. :) Yeh the RICOHJPN R03 discs aren't bad media but like Ripper said buy the good stuff from now on. No chances are taken if you do that. JM2C.

Looks like you have the most recent firmware but here's the link anyway. :)
    firmware link for Samsung SH-S182M

btw if your gonna use IMGBURN to burn/write your discs you might as well go into the booktype menu and set the samsung to write DVD+R to DVD-ROM, you should get better playability across the board with other players.

I have the Samsung SH-S182D in my old machine and it does just fine. I really don't know about the one you have but it looks like it's ripping and burning great. 11 minutes to rip is on the mark and 17 minutes to burn with verify on isn't to bad.

I still think that you can take you burning speeds to 8X with quality media. Both pieces of media you are using should do fine at 8X. Give it a try and then scan to see how they compare. :)

....gm

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ok i havent posted scan i a long while so heres my usally score of 93 lol

[​IMG]

but my PI numbers are all good!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thought I would post a recent scan from my old puter since I'm waiting on a new mobo for my new one. lol. It's been killing me that you guys are posting these things and all I'm doing is sitting here admiring them. :)
    TYG03 burned at 8X with a Litey rebadge (SOHW-1693S). Not to bad of a score with a TY 16X DVD-R. PIE's are a little high but the PIF's aren't bad at all. :)
    [​IMG]

aabbccdd,
    I see that your desktop is full of your favorite woman in the world. Nice new sig and beautiful desktop btw. :)

edit: Had to add this scan of an OPTODISC from 2004 (compusa brand...lol) Just watched it and plays like a dream....:) Just a reminder that OPTODISC isn't really known as A quality media but this disc looks pretty good. lol.
    [​IMG]

btw does anyone have the Litey SOHW-1693S and if so which f/w has worked the best. I think this is the hacked version from codeguys but I would like to see a little better results, not that these are bad. Basing this on the results from the first scan. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes thanks sure looks better than a rotating pot leaves huh lol

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im sure she woulld look good rotating anything...lol

not bad scans Greensman for the type of media....

gonna do the grudge2 again on some 8x+r sony's (mij) just run into a halfway good deal. got 25 of them puppies for 9.99

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thought that I would add 2 scans here and make the point that these things are just eye-candy. :) Haven't played it yet, dang wife has control of the TV right now. lol.

The first scan run at 4X with a score of 95. :)
    [​IMG]

The next scan run at 8X with a score of 57 (same disc). :-(
    [​IMG]

Like we have said these things are just for comparison but not always that accurate or relevant as an indication of playback. Something to think about for all the people putting stock in the scans. :)

....gm

edit: poor spellin....lol

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i second that greensman. that windata i posted up there. the one with flags of our fathers on it. we just watched it.played great.....BUT will it play next year..

i posted in the official pc build thread.im looking for a CPU for this asus mobo i have in my HPsystem.. i talked to a HP tech today. he told me i can go up to a P4 or celeron D. even 800mhx FSB/Hyperthreading as long as its 478 pin....got any ideas on a CPU...dont mean to post this in 2 threads. sorry guys

8. lwilli

lwilli Member

where do i get the recode AEC changer by solomon, or how do i get it???

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@lwilli, This is ANOTHER thread you have asked this unrelated question, as I said...[bold]Start one of your own[/bold]

10. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Sure cincyrob you just like to see the Reds on all the threads !!!!! Chris

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hey chrisc how ya been havent seen ya around for awhile? hope all is good

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well actually thats not a bad thing..lol id say next to adriana its the best looking thing/sig on here..lol aint i right aabbccdd????lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

well maybe Rob since noone has a Indianapolis Colts sig lol BUT Adriana will always be Number One!!

14. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Hey cincyrob yeah alls good just working to many hours.Been just droppin in and reading mainly.aabbccdd sure do love seein Adrianna mornin noon and night, don't understand the fuss but whatever. I worry about cincyrob goin to the dark side and comin up with Pete for a sig. Chris

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

good to see ya posting Chris

16. Rukia

Rukia Member

I'm so scared now :( I'm new at this and tested my backup. It said I have over 7000 Failures. Is my burner bad?

[​IMG]

17. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Rukia
    Nah your scan isn't bad at all - the pi failures were 7 and you had a quality score of 96!
    Playback fine?

What did your burn these TY's at? I'd burn them at 8x.

Your drive can use a firmware update too - 3.07

18. Rukia

Rukia Member

I burned that one at 8x speed. Max is 16x. Thanks for the link. I didn't know there was a firmware update.

I actually burned it again before upgrading. I did it at 12x speed this time to see what happened. The PI Failure total went down so I'm sort of happy :p The quality % is lower though :(

[​IMG]

19. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Only went down 1 point - no biggie :)

Us LiteOn users only get 95 usually so we're used to it :)

Good scan & burned at 12x - I'll take it!

And hey for being new you sure did pick the right stuff to burn - Taiyo Yuden - I did the whole trial & error thing before I got wise and started using Taiyo.

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

@ruka,
    Try reading it again at 4X, may not make that much difference but then again it may. lol. Does the disc "play" in a stand alone player? I would also look at your source file. I've burned a few of the TYG03's and the PIE's seem a little high but the PIF's aren't to bad on the second disc like little miss binkie7 said. lol. binkie7 add some more if need be, it seems that PIE's over 1 million is sorta high but the score says it's ok with a 95. ;-)

Hey binkie7,
    Haven't seen you in a while. lol. I know your tiny but dang no hide nor hair. LOL. Hope all is going well for you.

I was in the middle of a post earlier and some friends came by. I was gonna give a call for you but here you is. :p

....gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.