1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Here's THE DEPARTED, ripped with DVDFab Decrypter 3080, modified with VobBlanker 2130B6, encoded with DVD-RB Pro + CCE SP 2.70 via 3 PASSES VBR, burned with Nero Burning Rom and booktyped to DVD-ROM.

Scanned at 4X

[​IMG]

Scanned at 8X

[​IMG]

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got my drive this afternoon. the wife called and said it was there. so know im going nuits here at work wanting to go home and play..lol.
    gotta wait till midnight or so when i get off work.. plus gotta swing by the dumpster at blockbuster...lol

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

lol - you'll have to keep us posted cincyrob!

The dumpster at BB?

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oh cincyrob are you going nuts waiting for that drive home? lol. You gonna install and burn tonight?

Can't believe that you drove binkie7 to the dumpster thread. Poor little binkie7 has now been exposed to the scanman in the trashcan...lol.

Couple of posts with the new mobo. Looks better than before. :) These were so close to 98's it scares me. lol. PIF's are pretty good on both even tho one is about 3 GB. I've got to try some TY's or Verb's but I've just started using DVD+-R's instead of DVD+RW's. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....gm

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Oh my :0) I could just see lil binkie here doing that. I'd fall in and won't be able to get out - lol

Nice scans there greensman!

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

you know it as soon as i get home get me a budwieser or 2 and install and burn something.... maybe saw3 with shrink and see what happens

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well for the first burn it is great.very low PIE's Low PIF's also but did get 1 little spike up to 3.... to give me a 93 score..

[​IMG]

very happy plus it is quite as can be.
    but heres the disturbing part.. i put a 8x+r sony MIJ in the drive to burn when it got to the writeing part it just spun around some and then got a error saying bad media???? i havent tried it again yet but i will..oh i used clonedvd2 used file that was ran through dvd shrink and put on HDD...

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well ive wasted 3 ty's now. wont write to them. keep getting that error about bad media???? ive used verbs burnt fine i even stuck one of them windata disc that code out as verbs and burned ok to that but got a terrible score on it i new that was gonna happen. so now what??? i have the newest firmware for it... should i download the update and reinstall it? or should i think about a return for another drive??

edit cause i forgot the screenshot of error..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh yea this drive dont auto booktype either like the 16x drive...leaning towards sending it back..lol

11. Playr

Playr Regular member

Cincy,

Must be CloneDVD2 because mine burns TY 8x -Rs (TYG02s) with no problem using Nero Burning ROM. Also, there is a liteon utility that enables booktyping. I'll look for the link.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@playr

yea i have the booktypeing utility..i will try another program to burn with and see if i can get the TY's to burn..

if it is clonedvd2 why would it not burn TY's on the 18x drive and burns them on the 16x?

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is another burn on the verbs. have wasted 4 TYs now...
    [​IMG]

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i used nero express to burn a TY.. and boy did it burn it... 1 little spike kept me from a 98... but very very low PIE's and PIF's.
    Under 9500 pie's thats too sweet. did have that big spike at the very beginning..think that might be my finger print to be honest...
    132 total PIF's very nice... i just need to find out why i cant use clonedvd2 and burn with TY's???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW THEN!! That's better isn't it? lol.

You might try re-installing your software, especially the ones giving you some grief. CloneDVD2, smartburn, DVDShrink, or whatever my be causing some unwanted stress. lol.

.....gm

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Rob did you update the firmware on the new drive?

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

it came with the newest update. but i did just reflash it with GLOF. uninstalled clonedvd2 ran ccleaner reinstalled clonedvd2 still get the same thing... ive use 3 different types media in clone it burned 2 of the 3 and the TY;s wouldnt burn with clone. but if i use nero to burn with i can use the TY's... thinking of sending it back. but will be 2 weeks before i get another damn drive..

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

lol@cincyrob,
    Heck at least you know what the problem is and can remedy it with ease. lol. You could go for months like I did. Live and learn, heard that some where. lol.

cincyrob do the same thing with the SHW-160 and make sure the drive is the problem. Just trying to rule out a software glitch here. You never know. :)

Now if you have to RMA I would buy the 20X just because you can and have them do a RMA refund. I think that they will do that and even smile when doing it. Just something to think about. Someone here has to guinea pig that new drive and it might as well be YOU. lol.

....gm

aabbccdd you gotta love that woman, not obsess but love. lol.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Rob thank for being the guinea pig ,lol i will steer clear of that drive

lol greenman who wouldn't if givin the chance

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Who really has the chance to do that??? lol

Now to let everyone know since aabbccdd pulled the written part off his sig. He has Plextor 716A optical drives, 2 if I remember right. So why would he ever want to get anything else? On the other hand us poor people have to get something in the $30-$35 range. LOL. j/k alphabet. lol.

.....gm

Hey cincyrob you might try this drive as a change and guinea pig it also. My buddy has one and loves it.

Pioneer 111D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.