1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep Shrink will do it. :p

Quick and dirty here:

Make sure you already have DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink installed. :)

Use RI4M 1-Click Mode, then choose movie & menus, start rip. RI4M will take it from there and create the folder on the HDD. When done RI4M will open up DVDShrink for you and then you can take out any extras that may be there, like extra audio or do movie only if you change your mind. lol. When Shrink is done there will be an ISO image wherever you designated it to go. And if you have the newest update/version of DVDShrink it will open IMGBURN and burn to DVD if you have one in. :)

Shrink link w/ IMGBURN

hth......

....gm

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@cincyrob
    ImgBurn will do non iso files too - just use the build mode.

Here's one for your boys :) Burned on the external LiteOn to the edge and at 8x.
    Great movie too!

[​IMG]

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

sweet scan binkie7 now your up there with unjust2u...lol
    ive done that ,ocivelastnight havent watched it yet.

i need to do some reading on imageburn. so i an just rip movie to HDD regularly and imageburn burn the vob files??

4. binkie7

Yep that's it - then you add the folder with the files in build mode.

Here's some screen shots from imgburn on the different modes. link

I was going to link you to a guide there but looks like the forum section where they are is down right now.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey there binkie7 nice to see you show us boys up like you don't anyway. ;-)

Took the rip and did an ISO build with IMGBURN then burned with IMGBURN and got this for a result on a YUDEN T02, man I love these things. :) Gonna miss 'em when they're gone. Is that the title of a song? lol.

Used RI4M to rip files to HDD then (since it was smaller than 4460MB) I built the ISO with IMGBURN and then wrote/burned the ISO with IMGBURN. Very nice results in my book. :) Not as good as Ms. binkie7 but I like it. ;-)
    [​IMG]

Per the forum rules established by Mr. cincyrob I waited the week to post another scan score of 98. roflmao........hehehe. Thought you might like this cincyrob since you waiting patiently for that new LITEY. ;-)

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

to funny....lmao heck no keep them scans a comeing.very nice scan very nice...should have the new drive today. ups site says its out for delivery..

all these 98 score and PIF's of 10 im so jelious..lol great burn everyone.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got my drive in today. with the born on date of october 2006...so i dont think i'll have the frimware issue i had on the lastone.. when i get home tonight ill get it installed and get a scan posted

8. Playr

Playr Regular member

Curious to see how this replacement drive does. But isn't Oct. 2006 a step backward since the previous drive was Nov. 2006 and came w/ FW GL0F? Anyway, I'm sure the tests will tell. And I can't get over it didn't like your TY media. Definitly a bad drive. Hope you have better luck w/ the new one.

On a related side topic, I decided last night to rescan a couple test DVDs I had burned and scanned pre-18A1P, the damn scores improved drastically when scanned on the 18A1P vs. my Pioneer A05 (burned on an LG4167B). Oh well.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea the other drive was made in dec 06 and came with the glof firmware.. and i know for sure this one comes with the gloc firmware. it is totaly diferent from the other drive.. this one is tan on the back and the other was black. and mine has the same date as my buddy here at work has. dont think i will have any problem with it....

checkl this out though.. my buddy here at work that has the same drive. he just bought 100 8x-r ty's he burns to them great.. but the nero scan we use wont read the burnt disc.. he puts it in dvdinfopro and that works fine???? any ideas on this ?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  10. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    What are the symptoms of the drive in question? It won't use Nero Scan? Which version? 4.7.0.2? I would think that it should do anything another drive might do on his system.

Try this if you have XP: Right click on My Computer, click properties, click hardware tab, double click DVD drives to expand, right click the drive in question and choose uninstall. Restart the computer and the drive should be re-installed. See if this does anything to help the situation. You might try downloading the Nero application again to see if there is a problem there too.

I had to do this today on my SHW-160P6S, for some reason the darn thing wouldn't eject a disc. I went through everything that I could think of to eject besides shake the crap out of the puter. lol. Re-installing was the only thing that would get the dang disc out of there. ;-)

Just to keep somewhere on topic. Here's a scan of a TDK 003. I know, I know, it's a TDK but I got them for cheap and I was running out of give aways so these are them. LOL. For $25/100 ($11.99+tax each 50 pack) with tax really hard to beat and besides I had a $20 gift card. (SO $5 bucks out of pocket) ;-) Consistent PIE's and the PIF's are little high, but this is the first burn and not that bad really. I still think that the YUDEN T02 is TIP-TOP in the media world. LOL.
    [​IMG]

.....gm

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman.

the version of nero cd/dvd speed check he used was the 4.7.0.2
    whats odd the disc he cant scan with it is just the -r ty's he can scan everything else verbs windata ect....

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'll be honest here! These reports of the LH-18A1P not working properly are disturbing at best. Try the things I mentioned cincyrob and if that doesn't do something maybe one of the more knowledgeable members will kick in a few ideas to fix the issue. :)

There are other drives available by LITEON but I really like the ones that I have (SOHW-1693S, SHW-160P6S, LH-18A1P). What other drive maker is left besides NEC, Plextor, and Pioneer. Most Sony's are outsourced and the other drive makers like Samsung, AOpen, Toshiba, Philips, Asus, LG, and some others aren't smiled UPON as much as the first few mentioned. I'm not knocking any of the second makers (I have a Samsung and like it actually) but they aren't touted as much as the others. Like I said this really bothers me that a couple of my friends have had difficulties with this new drive.

Now if they were idiots or mentally challenged I'd think nothing of it and go on but they're NOT. lol. cincyrob I'm really curious to see how this new drive of yours works out. You gotta email me or post as soon as you can. TONITE isn't to soon in my book. LOL. I'll be up late as usual so get off early and do a burn and scan ASAP. ;-)

.....gm

Just checkin here; the drive will read everything but the TYG03 with Nero Scan? That is very odd indeed. You've checked all the settings and such to make sure it's burning ok. How bout playback in a standalone player? Has he re-flashed the f/w and all that stuff? Man I'm almost lost here, like I'm not most of the time anyway. hehehe. Ok enough to think about, get to burning with that new LITEY buddy.

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

he has updated the firmware. burnt and scaned 16x+r verbs just fine. he went to scan his new 8x-r TY's they wont scan. the burnt fine and played fine in his standalone but no scan with nero???i got about a hour let here then be home around midnight here.. take a shower get me a budweiser and do the install and burn should have something to post by 12:55am my time....lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  14. binkie7

Might not be the issue but I'll throw it in anyhow :)

If the jitter test is turned on - turn it off. I had a problem w/ externals not doing a scan if this was on - turned it off & all ok.

I might be in la-la by the time you post the scan cincy but I'll be
    back :0)

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well its a new drive and its burning a 16x+r verb right now.. still wont burn they 8x+r Ty's im putting in it..

the firmware with this one is the first firmware GLOB. havent updated it yet.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Howdy binks ;-)

Next scan of a TDK003 and a little better than the last one. These aren't to bad in my book especially for give-aways. lol. What's funny to me at least, lol, is I went to a link at DigitalFAQ.com and they consider TDK media in the first class line of media. How and why? Some of the older stuff (by TY...lol) where pretty good but supposedly the new media is less than desirable by most here at AD. hhmmmmm..... The list seems updated too. It has some of the newest 16X media on there, so does that mean it's up to date and has some validity? Just wondering...;-) here's the link
    [​IMG]

cincyrob where's that scan and where's my BUD? hehehe. How was work, long having to wait and get that new drive installed? lol.

....gm

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres a scan from the 18x litey burnt onto a 16x verb.. still wont burn to they TY's with clonedvd2...not a bad scan but was doingsome multie tasking..lol

[​IMG]

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm guessing that you're updating the f/w as we speak. :) Give that a try and see what happens. lol

.....gm

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i don't understand why its not burning TYs with clonedvd 2 . that doesn't make any sense

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Me either alphabet. He's been dealing with this on 2 drives now. I can't believe it would be a firmware thing. I have the same f/w (GLOF) and burn YUDEN T02's like a champ. Good payback and great scans. You got any ideas?

...gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.