1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Rob try uninstalling and reinstalling clonedvd 2

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well ive uninstalled and reinstalled clondvd2 same result wont burn the TY's no even with imageburn it wont burn the TY's i did the update to the newest firmware nothing works...hell i cant even get the disc to eject out of the drive now after attempting the last burn.

[​IMG]

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

OMGosh....lol School for Scoundrels looks so funny!

OK cincyrob, what's the dang deal? Did you get it to eject the disc? If not try the procedure I mentioned a post or two above. That might even fix some underlying problem. :)

Let us know how it's going.

btw I got your email. THANKS!!

.....gm

Forgot to show these. I did the same "image" 3 times; 1 with CloneDVD at 12X, 1 with IMGBURN at 12X, and 1 with IMGBURN at 6X and it seems this media likes the 6X burn better with my system. I'll keep experimenting but this is the results of the 3 scans. :)
    Clone at 12X
    [​IMG]
    IMGBURN at 12X
    [​IMG]
    IMGBURN at 6X
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i got the disc out. did the unistall and reboot.. i used shrink to shrink it down and then used nero express to burn with. it did burn the TY media 8x+r hub printable.

[​IMG]

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

rob try burning that same image with IMGBURN to see what happens. You may have to re-install some of your progies just because you can to give the machine a fresh look at things. I know some people that re-install Windows more than once a year just for that reason. Doesn't make much sense to me but it would clean the system out so to say. :)

btw that's a pretty good scan with a YUDEN T02. First one since the re-install of the new drive, right?

....gm

Man I just thought of something. Do you disable AnyDVD when you use RI4M or use another burning progie. Something to think about, I've heard of AnyDVD interfering with other programs for some reason. Best to turn it OFF when not in use I say. ;-) Another thing to consider buddy. I don't know what else to say on this. Like aabbccdd said it should work.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got a second burn onto TY media. was able to use imageburn this time burnt onto one of the few 8x+rsony (mij) i have left. if i am able to burn more like this, it has to be a firmware problem. i wasnt able to use imageburn at first. i used nero express and burned the first. now i am able to burn with imageburn.. still cant burn with nero recode or clonedvd2... i can scan ty's with no problem gettinf ready to try a 8x-r TY now..

heres a scan of the sony mij 8x+r..
    [​IMG]

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY......i have 30 day i can keep it and see if it learns the media to let me burn with the other programs.on the 28th day im gettin a RMA #..lolive tried everything to get it to burn with clonedvd.. i do have 2 programs to burn with now nero express and imageburn... just not my FAV though..check this out i burnt onto one of the 8x-r's my buddy just got.. and i cant do anything with the nero speed check just like him.it lock nero up wont do anything, as far as that goes the 8x-r i burnt that he got i cant scan it on my older liteon it locks up too. but check this out the disc he burnt onto the 8x-r i can check it on nero... seems like that if we burn the disc we cant check it with nero. JUST DONT MAKE SENSE TO ME...... i understand that it might be so new that the firmware isnt working but damn it should at least burn the good stuff....

if all else fails il send it back and take me a trip to INDY and visit aabbccdd and see about tradein for one of them fine azz plexy's...lmao

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFLMAO @ cincyrob,
    You better be careful talkin to aabbccdd like that he may never reply again. LOL. I bet you couldn't pry one of those out of his dying hand, any takers on that. hehehehe.

cincyrob,
    I don't know what to say? Maybe I got the only good one in the batch. It would be different if your other drive was acting up but it's not soooooo maybe a different drive might be the thing to look at. I will get with you later and see what you think and what options you have picked out. ;-)

...gm

btw I said that because I know that dude is going back. You're just like me if that baby doesn't work right, as long as you know what the root of the cause is, back she goes. LOL. :)

EDIT: Not that this means a hill of beans but I thought of something that may be worth looking into the next couple of days. I know that DELL puters prefer the cable select jumper setting and the HP might be the same. I really am grasping at something intangible now but what else could hurt at this point. BUDDY I'm sorry that you're having these kind of problems. It doesn't seem fair that mine works so well and yours hates your guts. LOL.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lmao... tell ya what ive talked to a liteon tech again tonight and these people must think we/us consumers are idiots....

aabbccdd sent ya pm...

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

you're scarrin me. what did i do to deserve the honor of mr. alphabet himself sending me a PM? rofl.

btw replied in docTY's thread........

.....gm

EDIT: OH! cincyrob you sent aabbccdd a PM....LOL btw as of midnight last night I had only had @ 7 hours of sleep in 72 so I misunderstood what you saying too. rofl........

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i repleyed to the PM rob good to see you guys lol

and greensman theres no way i am givin up any of my Plextor PX-716As LMAO!!!

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i did 3 burns (4 actually) 1 was a flop.
    i used nero express and burnd 3 movies. used clonedvd2 to rip and neroexpress to burn... got 2 real good scans and 1 so so...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok and this is the first time i have done this.. who else has.????
    on the printable disc.. i was printing to one while scanning another.. the one i printed on i put the cover to the one i was scanning on the one that was printing....lol i put zoom on the disc of Dora the explorer...lol good thing for sharpies had to write on it. not any better than the 16x litey...

gonna do one on a verb and use clonedvd2 and check that out

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well this piece of shit is going back today... sorry for the language... put a verb in it went to burn with clone and get this bad media error. same as with the TY's....

[​IMG]

getting my RMA and its going back.

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL

i know this is no laughing matter but that struck me as so funny that i had to laugh out loud for a while. lol. cincyrob you've lasted longer than i would have knowing the problem and ruining more TY's than you care to count. I've done some research and will PM you later today with the findings. KEEP your head up buddy today is a bad day and tomorrow will be better! ;-)

.....gm

15. Playr

Playr Regular member

Some of my scans: First is PS2-Tekken5 burned @ 4x, next is Fearless burned @ 8x, last is Fearless burned @ 8x. Burned using Nero Burning Rom and scanned on an LH-18A1P-186.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now that just threw some light on the subjct of these drives.

playr yours is the LH-18A1P-186 which is retail version... the 2 i hade where the LH-18A1P-185 the -185 is the oem..... im wondering if there is a difference there????

oh well its still going back...lol

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

as i just stated in docTY's thread.. you dont need a bigger better drive just good azz media... look at this scan burned and scaned on the trusty lite-on SHW-160P6S. so sweet... back to scans and enough about drives and tech's that dont know the ass from a hole in the ground.

[​IMG]

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice scan buddy. Much better than not burning at all. LOL. Just to let you know the DVD+R TY's scan out better than the DVD-R TY's. Not that they're bad scans you just don't get as many 98's on the DVD-R's as you do with the DVD+R's. LOL. Now if you scan with a BENQ or use another method, like DVDInfoPro you get different scores like you don't already know that. LOL..

....gm

19. Playr

Playr Regular member

Are you referring only to the TYs in the above statement or all media in general?

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Just talking bout the TY's in this instance. I don't have enough burns with Verb's to make a concrete statement about the DVD-R vs. the DVD+R.

Please remember the scans with any of the scanning progies are just eye-candy and should be treated as such. PLAYBACK is the most important thing to evaluate. :)

JM2C here.

.....gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.