1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey cincy
    Yep it does have the the latest junk on it - Macrovision's Ripguard.
    Little Man is Sony ARccOS.
    Not a problem backing up either.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i got little man before i came to work so if i get out of here befor 1 am i might try it out..

@binkie7.. we watched MI3 backup saturday. at about 58 mins into got some pixels for about 3 sec or so, i used ripit4me on it. i know it uses nero to burn with at the end... would i get a better result useing recode to burn it instead of reg nero vision i guess it is??

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  3. binkie7

You wouldn't want to use Vision for files already dvd compliant unless you wanted to add stuff like other menus or splice scenes etc.

Use recode and use the 'advanced analysis' option. This is a biggie so the compression is kinda high so that may be why you have some pixels.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh i didnt use vision i just wasnt sure what part of nero ripit4me uses.. i know its not recode. does cars have alot of extras on it? think i will just do the movie and menu

5. binkie7

RipIt4Me when using Shrink and picking your burner under 'select back up target' uses Nero Burning Rom.

For car - yeah had a bunch of special features - none of which I was interested in so I just did movie and menu.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

its been awhile since anydvd had a update might wait till this weekend to get cars, see if a updater comes out

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD worked great on Cars! no prob

I'm still not getting great scans on those silver inkjet hub printables, TYG03s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess my drive doesn't like the DVD-Rs compared to the DVD+Rs

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@CincyRob
    Cars worked fine with AnyDVD 6.0.8.2 and CloneDVD. The lite-on works wonders on this one.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i hope clonedvd2 works for me. if not it will just take afew mins longer with ripit4me or recode2.....i will get it no doubt.... does it require alot of compression?

10. binkie7

Movie and Menu only I was at 70% (30% compression). Usually I like it higher but oh well on this one :)

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

OfficeMax is having a sale on Verb DL disks again. DVDDecrypter and IMGBurn give 100% quality, zero compression, great for the kids in the family room with the extras and the games.

12. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@blivetNC...... you do realize that this thread is about quality burns and using Nero CD/DVD speed tests to show how the disk stands up to burns and what quality it burns to...... not compression quality! You are talking about DLs.... so you don't have to compress a DVD down to a DVD5! We are talking about how well a disk stands up to burning it. why don't you use the Nero tools and test out one of your DLs and see how good they really are!? what will be your quality score?

13. pahick

pahick Member

I promised to post once I received my LiteOn LH-18A1P. My grandmother passed away this morning, so i didnt have time to do more scans. Here are the 2 burns made so far...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both were burned@16x. So far, the burn patterns look to be more stable than my NEC w/L&D firmware. I will post more once I get time.

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@pahick

that last one on the verb looks nice. i am starting to beleive the liteons really like verbs the best... i have done about 8 burns on my liteon with TY's and the best score i got was a 93 like yours in the first scan... and have done about 15 on verbs 8x and 16x and on everyone but 2 i got a 95 on them. office max has the 16x+/-r's on sale for $12.99 a 50pack(wish that was 50pack of budweiser)lol. think im gonna get me 2 cakebox's tomorrow..

oh yea sorry to hear bout your granma

15. pahick

pahick Member

@cincyrob

Ty, shes in a better place now.

I also think this LiteOn is going to favor Verbs. But I need to get some Sony D21's and throw at it. Ive been less than impressed with the latest batch of TYG03's ive gotten.

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@cincy...... the difference you are talking about it +R media compared to -R media! why don't you try some +R Taiyo Yuden and +R Verbatims and then do scans of each? then you'll really know whether your Liteon drive likes Verbs better than Taiyo Yuden! TYG03s are 16x, DVD-Rs and YUDEN000T2s are 8x, DVD+Rs there or the YUDEN000T3s are the 16, DVD+Rs. My BenQ loves the +Rs much better than the -Rs!

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@IHOE
    the verbs i have are all +r's i have never used -r verbs. the TY's i have right now which are sony 8x+r(mij TY coded) and the sony 16x-r's (ty coded mij)
    on my old HP burner after i did a firmware update. on the sony 16x-r's i got a few 95 but normally between 90-93 on average.
    i just got a 50pc cakebox of some 8x+r hubprintable verbs..the lowest i have gottem on them is a 93 and the highest is a 95. i have used about 8 of those so far. gonna do Littleman and Cars on those printables tomorrow and post the scans.

just looked at your last 3 scans they are all -r's a 93,96,94 looks pretty good number wise.... but that 96 has alot of PI failures.
    on my liteon i get a max of 2 and a total of 840 and only get a 95 your numbers on the Benq are higher than mine and got a better score. thats what about these scan are wacky

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ok ladies and gents, first scan type thing I could be bothered to do on my LG is this..
    [​IMG]
    It's a RICOHJPNR01 (4x) Dvd+r. Burned in '05, Mr and Mrs smith.

All ya gettin for now :p

19. binkie7

Woohoo I scan from Ripper!
    (now if I just knew how to read it :) )

@pahick
    Sorry about you grandmother :(

Are these scans from what the LiteOn burned? (date thing)

@cincyrob
    I use both - and + TY & Verbatim media - 8x & 16x - burned anywhere from 8x - 16x. I couldn't tell you what the drive really favors but would lean more towards TY - either format.
    They all play great and scores ranging in the mid 90's. The only thing I have found is the Verb +R 16x (1 spindle so far) usually do not burn higher than a rough average of 8x.
    Maybe just this spindle but when I set the burn at 12x or higher takes 8- 10 mins to burn - only happens with these Verbs.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO yea i was wondering how to read that scan of Rippers also..lol

speaking of burn speed...
    i was playing with imageburn today just trying to figure it out. i have some cheap junk cmc K-Hypermedia that i was waisting(lol) 8x-r's put it in the drive set it to burn at 2x.. it did its thing but when it got to the writing part it was writing at 4-4.5x is this normal for it to over burn when you set it up for a slower speed... didnt want to burn the junk to fast they might actually burnup..lol needles to say the scan on that disc was in the 50's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.