1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Thanks, for you reply. I have all of the above also and tend to burn with Nero and CloneDVD. I guess what you are saying is that quality is more dependent on media, firmware and burning speed than the program itself....

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@LABOY
    over all i'd say the programs are just as good as the others more/less. just make sure you have updated firmware a good clean system, disc cleanup and defraged regularly run CCLEANER to clean out your registry and of course use good media. and you should get great disc.

@MOL 10
    myself i dont know much about the burnt PS2 games but im sure they sscan the same as movies.

your pie's are high but id say thats cause its a game and not a movie.the total is real high i think and your max is 288. i know on movies you dont want your PIE's max to be over 280 so your on the border there.As far as the PIF's you have a very good number therea max of 3 and a total of only 309. thats very good. now we have seen lower scores but if i can keep my PIF's total under 400-500 im real happy.

they both work hand in hand you have high pie's and low pifs like you do it kinda balances out. now if you had high everything i would worry about that disc..

pie's you dont want over 280 and pif's you dont want over 12 i think it is(so say the gurus that made up these numbers) but i dont want my PIF's over 4 max.

one thing to remember about these scans they are not 100%acurate.. playback and being able to rerip the disc is the ultimate test. if you are able to do both, in my book you got a 100%.
    hope this helps ya out some

@greensman

see what kinda burner MOL 10 is useing to scan with???lol

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Yeh I see it. lol. I was just about to comment on that and here you is bringing it up. ;-) And yes you does like ELBY's products. LOL.

Mol10,
    cincyrob does make a good point by addressing your burner/scanner. :)
    I think that the Pioneer may be one of the best burners/writers on the market BUT as far as scanning they are NOT very accurate. The best scanners IMO are BENQ's and LITEY's. I personally have 3 different Litey's and 2 BENQ's. I will say this too. LOL. I have one of the Pioneer DVR-112's on the way and can't wait to install that new f/w and give her a go. ;-)

LABOY,
    rob summed it up pretty well. The programs he mentioned are pretty dang good imo. And I really like the FREE stuff cause I'm cheap. lol. Also be sure to have a CLEAN system and use GOOD or GREAT media. THe media you use now may not show anything now but down the road it could really make a difference. I have some TY DVD-R's that still scan out at over 90 on Nero and I can rip/copy them with no problems even tho they are more than 2 years old. :) NOT panning TY's here but they are good stuff along with the Verb MCC coded media. :p

....gm

PLEASE remember that these scans are eye-candy as someone once wrote and cincyrob also summed that up too. If they can still be copied or ripped with no problems and playback fine on your stand alone DVD Player then all is GOOD.......

4. Mol10

Mol10 Member

Thanks for the info guys. I had no idea the pioneer was bad for scans, but a friend of mine told me to only scan with a dvd READER as writers are too good at reading +-R. Any truth to this? I have an old LG reader so I might give it a go and see if I get different results.

BTW, I scanned the same disk with DVDinfopro (in the 110D) and got a much lower PIE value - around 300000 i think.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh you should get similar PIE's and PIF's with all the same scanning progies. :) If I remember right the LG doesn't scan or is terrible at it, can't remember which. lol. I don't think that I would put much into these scans, honestly we just do them because we can and we're bored. LOL.

:p @ cincyrob...........lol

...gm

6. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Hey y'all I'm trying to get better at this scannin technic but the old lite-on drive will not let score higher than a 95% that's cool..the play back on the is better crisp and clear with tai's 8x -r's to me..I get the best burn with them then all the other's..don't get me wrong..I like the sony's d21..lol

[​IMG]

this is a old burn trying to get pi's low as possible! I max the burn at 8 times the speed..

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Howdy bigwilly,
    You got a good scan there. Playback is flawless I assume. :) You're gonna like that new BENQ, it'll do scans and give you scores in single digit increments instead of the way the LITEY does it. NOT that the Litey is bad just something different. btw you should try DVDInfo or another scanning progie with that Litey just for poo-poo's and ha-ha's. :) You tried K-probe yet? It's another really good scanning progie but doesn't give you a quality score.

What speeds have you tried all the media you have at? Does 4X give you the best burns or 8X. I've tried almost everything on my different media and there is no one particular speed that produces the best burn. You having the same experience?

@cincyrob,
    where you be? you still sleeping off that hard night at work? LOL

.....gm

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats a good scan there will. looks like your dirve is getting to like those TY's (not saying anymore bout that drive)lol

im here greensman. been working with dvdporfiler again. look in my sig and check it out

@MODS...
    not sure if its in the rules about putting a link to the dvdprofiler site let me know if it is and ill take it out.

9. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  10. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@Cincy_Rob

be back tonite with some more scans i did this morning on reburns to ty's them ty's 8x's -r are the best disc to me to use on this burner..the playback is so clear and clean know hang ups or sticks..

@greenman

can't wait for that benq to arrival lol..

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

@LABOY,
    Thanks for the heads-up on the new Nero CD/DVD Speed. dl'd and about to try her out. ;-)

@ cincyrob,
    That's to much work for me. lol. I just keep them in an Excel file on the puter. lol

@ bigwill68,
    PM'd ya about the disc you requested. ;-)

...gm

edit:
    Already burned a new disc and checked it with the updated scanning progie. ;-)

Ritek R03 recorded with Lite-on 160P6S at 4X.
    [​IMG]

edit #2: LOL. Couldn't stand it had to do another one just for poo-poo's and ha-ha's. Same recorder with a TYG03 at 8X. May be the best TYG03 scan I've ever done. I have CRS syndrome so I'll have to go thru my old scans to see. ;-)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  12. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

I max the ty's out at 8x's burn speed..I had problems along time ago with that old samsung trying to burn at 8x's..when i play the dvd's back in the player they would stick plus..I was using Verb's 16 x's not now cause them ty's..i got now is'nt goin to touch that samsung burner lol...by the way what's that K-probe? never heard of that b4...I hardly use the other scan program that you said..I got it but..I hardly pay attention 2 it lol..I guess..I need to switch up somtimes huh lol...

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwill,
    Here's a link for K-probe at CDRLabs. Remember it doesn't give you a score but it's a pretty decent scanner if you have a Litey. :)

and DVDInfoPro just in case you don't have it. It's good but you gotta pay for it after a trial period.

VSO Inspector will check your disc for errors and such but nothing as far as a real score. Just something different and the link will get you to all the software offered by VSO

14. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

thanks for the insight on the web sites..I'll be sure to check them out when..i get and to see what there about just see what the different maybe in them..I just wanna learn more and get more out of the lity that..i can another words these programs also you have been a big help..

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

bigwill68, on your burn speed in your sig....

8x is fine with most systems and actually you get better quality scans burning at 8x same with the DL 4x max works for most systems

but glad to have you aboard sir. have fun in here

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2007
  17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@aabbccdd

thanks glad to be onboard with some good people on passing on informaton on helping each other out in problems with have with these burners and disc's..O yea not to be funny but me and cincyrob shortin your name up as (battery)lol we laugh when we say it hope u don't mind? you stay safe brother see u around!!

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

don't mind at all but how did you come up with battery lol

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh I been thinking about that one too. LOL.

Double A batteries
    Some B's
    Some C's
    and some D's............rofl..........That's all I could come up with.

.....gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hit the nail on the head greensman..lol

i actually like the first thing i thought of when i first seen/talked to aabbccdd. was b double-e double-r-u-n......= beer run.lol
    told ya that on didnt i aabbccdd...lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.