1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

This is kind of a double/cross post. hehehe. I posted the scan in the docTY thread as well just to show the YUDEN T02 and how well it did.

First burn with this new Pioneer 112 drive. I flashed it to a Pioneer DVD-112L because it's better I guess. LOL. Anyway the f/w auto-booktypes DVD+R media to DVD-ROM and from what I've read is more effective on different media out right now. I'm sure knowing how TDB work they will keep the f/w up-to-date for a while to come. ;-)

TY YUDEN T02 burned on the Pioneer DVR-112L and scanned with the Litey LH-18A1P. GOOD scan in my book and almost made the 98 score on a Litey. YEAH!!
    [​IMG]

2. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

keep'in the pie's low ..I see ya Greensman good scan..I'm gonna do my first burn with uncle ben this weekend to see how it comes out with the pie's try to keep them low as possible..cause ..i can't eat to much pie..lol glad your enjoy'in your new pioneer..

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

very nice scan there my litte green martian..lol thats 100 on a benq dw1655 drive..lolso you didnt use the buffalo firmware for the pioneer? all my cash should be posted by tuesday next week from them RMA'S think im gonna try the pioneer too. along with some more hub printable 8x+r TY's. i got a few to scan this weekend been kinda busy this week to get any in and its killin me that i havent..lol

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'll do some more burns and scans this weekend to really test her out. ;-)

As far as the f/w, I used The Dangerous Brothers patch for the Pioneer DVR-112L DVD-RW drive. Here is the link just in case any of you potential Pioneer 112 owners may need it. hehehe. ROB this thing is amazing. SuperDuper burner from my limited experience, the Litey and Benq didn't even burn this good out of the box. We'll see with time but I LIKE it right now FO SHO. lol.

BTW the drive came as an OEM Pioneer DVR-112D. I didn't even try the 1.09 f/w, I had already d/l'd the BUFFALO f/w for the Pioneer 112L and flashed it immediately after WinXP came up. LOL.

5. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Do 1 reburn tonite with uncle ben to see how it comes out!!

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lol Rob and you heard that on the Bob and Tom Show right which is local here.

nice scan guys keep up the good work!!

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lol you know it aabbccdd. some good comedy there.

@ greensman or anyone with a answer take a look at the question i posted in docTY's thread about that firmware updates from TDB.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    I replied, it may not mean much but there you have it. lol.

As promised another scan of a burn by the Pioneer. The burn is on a TYG02 because everyone seems to be having problems with TY's. I'll do some more later on different media just posting what I got for now. :)

Here it is.......

[​IMG]

....gm

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

nice sscans greensman. very low numbers everywhere.
    i was just reading in TDB site kinda made me think about there firmware's i know that if you dont do what is suposed to be done with a firmware upgrade it will mess stuff up but they seem to make it sound worse if useing there's..understand what im trying to say..lol

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I've been looking at this thread for a while...looks like it's getting pretty popular Rob. I have been getting some crap scores lately so I decided to blow out my drives with some canned air and try again. Looks like that made things a little better...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea there has been a few post here. alot of scannin going on out there. Damn sweet scans LOCO. them benq's give some high marks..lol. that canned air is a life saver. im glad you brought that up its been awhile since i have aired my case out..

keep the scans comming. i got a disc i thought i messed up with the 18x liteon drive but i put it in the player and it started to play. so im gonna scan it and see what it looks like

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now i know the reason i just tossed this disc aside..lol it plays well from the begining, havent watched it all the way.
    [​IMG]

edit to add this. dont want to be accused of bumping..lol
    here the same movie on a mcc04. burned with the 18x litey.
    [​IMG]

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

edit: To change some wording so as not to be misunderstood. ;-)

@cincyrob,

TDB puts out a very CAUTIOUS WARNING about f/w and doing the process.
    They want to cover their A$$ as much as possible from anyone making unfamiliar changes to their computer, mainly their optical drive. Make sense.

I know that I would discourage as many people as possible to keep them away from any thing that I said. Well I'll do it now. People take what I say with a grain of salt. I have very limited experience with any thing to do with a computer but I try to the best of my ability. ;-) There's my legal disclaimer for the AD website. LOL.

@LOCOENG whazzzup buddy? Haven't seen you much lately. Busy with that there train set of yours. LOL. Pretty good scans there buddy. Were they burned on the DW-1655 as well? I've got a DW-1650 left on the shelf but I'm thinking about sticking it in the puter just for fun. LOL. Hey checked out BB and it's cool. Recognized some names there too. :)

.....gm

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well heres my scan from a backup to a TY 8x+r.

[​IMG]

Cincyrob rounding third and heading for home.

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

What is goin on with the firmware situation? you lost me on that..what we got people watchin us now on the firmware we have or using?

@cincyrob

you can't tell me your moving on to another site now? what's the problem? good scan robo is that a reburn?

well i'm addin 1 today a reburn to ty 8x -r burned at a slower speed 4x's just to see how it would come out started off back with the pie's ended up low in the end..
    [​IMG]

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

NO not a conspiracy going on or anything. LOL Just trying to clear up anything on TDB website and their warnings/cautions about flashing or updating your f/w on your optical drive. I'm confusing sometimes so it may take me a few posts to get what I'm saying across. hehehe.

Nice scan and the BENNY does give you a little better score doesn't it. Huh!! It's still weird to see you have PIF spikes as high as 8 and get a 97 score when a Litey will crucify you with a spike of more than 4. Difference in the scoring system I guess. I need to read more on this just so I don't sound so silly or more specifically ignorant. LOL.

Gonna post some in a little bit. Had a nightmare of a disc to backup and it looks like I gotta go get another copy at the store. It's about a year old and I never got around to backing it up and my middle child, Mr. DestructO scratched the you know what out of it. My bad tho. Shoulda had the movie on a $.35 disc instead of the original. DANG ME!!!

....gm

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

Thanks greens for the info on that..I was wondering what was goin on out there in this world of afterdawn..Hey i just updated the firmware on the lity to a glof to glog and uncle ben to bcib when i got it to a bcdb hope that makes a differents in both matters lol..i'll do another reburn in a few hours to see the differents in the scan out put to see..

18. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

back again with some uncle Ben burns & Scans this first burn&scan din'nt come out good as i inspected..I used the sony 1x-16x sd21
    low quality disc to but it scored high at 8x burnin but stuck when i played it back trash straight to the garbage it went..(lol) pie's was high too much..for me to handle..
    [​IMG]

now this flawless the ty's never let me down these are all after a firmware update to uncle ben the pie's stayed low and the playback is fresh and clear no stick'in at all..

@greensman
    thanks for the burner brother!
    sorry for the double post bout I had to show off with the 97's lol..

19. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

20. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.