1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

bigwill68,
    You might want to edit the extra posts and delete all the content in them. I guess your puter went crazy or something. ;-)

You are more than welcome sir. :) I gotta get cincyrob to buy the Litey now. hehehe. You "listening" rob ol' boy? That second scan is pretty dang good btw. You might want to go into the options settings and change your PIE settings to 100 or something, even auto will do better than what it's at now. Something weird happened there. lol.

I know these aren't the best as media goes but the kiddies don't know the difference. lol. We're watching this right now and it's perfect btw. ;-)

NOT a good scan but showing you the same disc by 2 different scanners and burned on the Pioneer DVR-112L.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thought that I would add some more scans and show that the Pioneer does have the ability to bit-set to DVD-ROM.
    Burned with the Pioneer DVR-112L at 12X (8X next time) and scanned with the LH-18A1P.
    [​IMG]
    Shows the Pioneer and the f/w version........
    [​IMG]
    Shows the disc MID and that it's bit-set to DVD-ROM.........
    [​IMG]

...gm

3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

This scan here peaked here at the end..I wounld have had 97% and the pie's blew up and the end..The palyback run well no problems it played fine..I guess that what matters in the end..

[​IMG]

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice scan my friend. I was hoping that you wouldn't completely leave. I really like the consistent and low PIE's on that one. :)

Are you still thinking about a new drive or gonna keep out of that market for a while? LOL.

...gm

6. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

[​IMG]

@greensman
    1 of your disc u sent with the Burner!

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bw68,
    How you like them apples? :) How bout the others or is that the first one you've tried?

If you can go into the options and change the settings for C1 and C2 to just above your high spikes so you can get the full effect of the scan. It will let you change those values before you save if you want to. lol.

That will give you a much better image to view and post. ;-)

.....gm

IE: on that scan you could've set the C1 value to 20 and the C2 value to 6, 7 or 8. Try it and see if Mikey likes it. LOL. hehehe.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

an ok score

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  9. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

Thanks i did just do that...

@aabbccdd

Thanks''Yours 2

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

aabbccdd,
    Is there even a Nero scan on your post. LOL. All I can see is that Goddess of a woman Ms. Adrianna Lima. hmmmmmmmmmmmm VS model.........lol.

Burned on a TYG03 with the Plexy? 5000+ PIF's seems a little high for a Plexy. Did you burn at 8X or 16X? Just curious.....

.....gm

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah my PX-716A at 8x , my score is never higher thsn 93. plays back fine though

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well im not a afterdawn addict, the way things are around here i never will be. but i am addicted to afterdawn and i cant stay away and wont, unless im kicked out, again the way things are going around here that might be in the next 5 mins...lol

aabbccdd. you didnt want to post a scan you just wanted to show off the hottie Adrianna in the back ground...... keep up the good work..lol

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  13. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I have to say..I feel the same way cincyRob do about the situation..
    it's messed up..I may get kicked to..O'well..I can move on..

14. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

OH please go cry me a river why dontcha.

Cincyrob. what is the fastest speed you should do one of these scan test at? i normally do mine at 8x's

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@MrMeaty

I do mine at 4x the speed depends..on the disc sometimes 8x's..

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@MrMeaty

ive been doing mine at 4x just to get my liteon to do the jitter test,but now with thenewer nero cd/dvd speed test you can do it at any spead to get the jittertest to work.i do know the faster you do it the more errors you get.slow it dont and it read more correctly. 8x's id say is a ok speed..

17. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

i see you have your nose out of cincyrob's rear now. why does it depend on the disc which speed you run the test with?

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

4x is best

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@MrMeaty

If you are really interested in the particulars of quality scanning you should have a read of this thread and this article from CDFreaks.

@Rob

Why would any one here be in jeopardy of being banned?

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

@LOCOENG,
    You peddling Titleist now? LOL. It's not a train but nice none the less. hehehe.

@MrMeaty,
    I think that LOCOENG is right on this one. We don't get to involved with the technical stuff here. We're aren't that evolved yet in the ways of the Nero scan. :) Give those links a look see and hopefully they will answer your questions. ;-)

You might also try this link for some more info on Scanning with Nero.

....gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.