1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Guilty as charged...LOL

Just a classic icon of past and present.

2. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@Mr.Meaty
    [​IMG]

Cause some people like using ragg'A'Dee Disc's to burn with That's Y
    step up and burn with Taiyo Yuden Man young man..I think you get bad scans with a cheaper disc's sometimes..try a Windata brand coded atAML now they trying to code them at mcc-004 verb's and there not and there not stamped in the center hub like Verb's...

3. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

that still doesnt make any since??? it dont matter if its a Taiyo Yuden or a Memorex.16x or 4x. what does that matter to how fast you run the test? i understand if you have a 16x disc burn it at 8x's but what does it matter in the scan test that its a crappy media or top quality stuff?

4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@MrMeaty

just scan your disc at 4x the speed to get a good outtake on the quality..on what you Burned..All yea when..I burn..I have nothing runnin in the background no other programs just one's i need..even the internet is disabled..

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

MCC 004 burned at 12X with the Pioneer DVR-112L.

[​IMG]

I was NOT multi-tasking but I had many things going during the burn; avg, zonealarm, uTorrent, faststone capture, java, and mozilla firefox, but not outlook express and was very impressed with the scan of the disc.

We just finished watching the movie and it was PERFECT. Just surprised at the quality score and running all that crap. btw I don't have a dual core so that's why it is surprising.

@MrMeaty,
    What a name. lol.

~As for the Nero scan test you can run the test at almost any speed you want but normally the excepted speed is 4X. That speed should give you decent results and fairly accurate readings. The true test would be to do the test at 1X because that's what the disc is gonna read at by the DVD Player. But who has that kind of time?

I think the link I gave you in the previous post I made will clear up anything you may have to ask. It's a bit of a long read but very informative if you want to know about PIE/PIF scanning. With Nero or K-probe scanning software.

~Please remember the scans are more like eye candy than anything. They will show you the major problems with your DVDR disc but the only true test for us would be playback. I've had discs playback flawlessly with many PIE's and PIF's and also had discs play back terribly with low PIE's and PIF's, but those were caused by a defective mobo.

~At any rate don't get to wrapped up with the tests and just enjoy your backup. ;-)

hth in some way............:)

....gm

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ah all these good scans - I'll have to try and scan some soon.
    Can't have you boys beating me :0)

@gm
    What'd you think of that movie? Think I liked the last part of it the best.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@binkie7,
    It was pretty good and the last part was the cu de ta as they say (hope that's how you spell it). LOL.

I went to 300 yesterday and that was a great movie in my book. The best part was it was based on an awesome piece of history. ;-) I'm not a history buff but I thought it was GOOD stuff.

Good to see you around these parts. You been busy at BB or school still kickin your booty? hehehe.

btw which burner do you use for burning and scanning? just curious. ;-)

...gm

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

My kid and her friends saw 300 and loved it.
    My kind of movie so may just take a day off (need it!!) and go.
    Love that period of history - studied it (ancient history) my 1st time in college :)

BB's kinda dead so work and school kickin me. Ah the homework - just love it :0)

One big school project I'm doing is designing a website (nothing fancy since I have to hand code it) so I'll let you guys critique it. Need your help there - just flow and look.
    Any dial up user here?

Burner I use - well once in a great while the Matshita - mainly LiteOn SOHW832, SHM-165P6S, SHW-160PS6 or Pioneer 108.
    Scan with the 2 newer LiteOn's.

9. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

sorry guy's the pie's and the pif's got high on this 1..I was kinda disapointed after the out come on this reburn..I pulled it from a verb 16x with 1 of those sticker labels on it..i know better nexts time to soak the disc then rip it..lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

see BigWill68 thats what i was talking about right there. scan that disc on the liteon. i bet you will see a even worse score.

i got a wiggles new movie for the boys im gonna do. no its not going on my hib printable TY's lol still got some printable verbs from microcenter..lol

getting ready to post a pic of my haul lastnight over in the dumpster diveing thread..lol

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwill68,

~If that is truly a "copy" of a backup with a paper label then that's an incredible scan in my book. Your "numbers" are well within tolerances and your PIF's are very low indeed. Just for *grins* try a scan with the Litey and see what happens. I've had mixed results scanning with both machines.

@cincyrob,

~You gonna *brag* in here too. You know in the real world there isn't dumpster hauls like that. hehehe. I say again old chap, "NICE HAUL".

.....gm

aabbccdd,

~You see the new sig? Don't you just love the VS models? hehehehe. *GRINS*

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the scan of the wiggles done on a 16x+r printable verb from micro center.
    [​IMG]

@Alkohol
    where ya at buddy.. i just got a 30 pack of 8x+r maxell's MIJ hub printable from walmart here for $12 minus a 10%discount th ewife gets for working there..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MAXELL-002-000]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Hitachi Maxell Ltd.]
    Manufacturer ID : [MAXELL]
    Media Type ID : [002]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh ive never got above a 95 myself but have come damn close.
    i actually think the lite-ons might be the best scaning drives. i know from seeing the benq's scans the numbers you get on a benq would be alot lowe on the liteon's even the disc i sent docTY a long while back he scaned them with his benq and a pioneer. the pioneer had a lower quality score but the PIE's andPIF's were alot lower.

he also made me a disc of Halloween. he scanned it with his benq and got a 95. i scanned it after i got my liteon and it only got a 90. i know each drive has different measures of scanning and adjust accordingly but i think th eliteons might just be the best scanners.. just my opinion

15. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Will be back at scanning soon /Unjust

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Well..... I've been away from scanning for a while so I decided that today I would scan the first two DVDs recorded....here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think I perfected my burning of Taiyo Yuden, 8x, DVD+Rs. I found out that this disk is the best for my BenQ 1655 burner and I get these types of scores when I burn at 4x..... when I burn at 8x with the same disks I get lower scores and more PIs and PIOs. Soooooo it's 4x burning for me and my BenQ with those Taiyo Yudens. I know that some day these disks will be scarce because of newer media coming out and they will eventually discontinue the 8x media so I have been stocking up on them! LOL I buy a couple of hundred a month.... should I start buying more?

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL@IHoe,
    Man I would think that "a couple hundred a month" would be a little excessive but one never knows how many movies they may need to backup in the NEXT 20 years or so. hehehe. Soooooooooo how many do you have stock piled ATM? 1000? 2000? or MORE? Please don't tell cincyrob where you live cause he will may a special trip to "SEE YOU"!!!! Mwwuuuaaaa hahahaha!!

Nice scans btw. I need to scan a little more often with the BENQ DW-1650 and see what I get for PIE's and PIF's as well as the score. That's all non-important as they say. LOL.

@aabbccdd,
    I've been drooling on the LCD all day with the gift that you gave the world. I was to lazy (busy) to look for myself so thanks for the goodie link. hehehe.

.....gm

18. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

yes sir that was a copy but it had the sticker label still on it from a long time ago..I should have peeled it off before ..i re ripped it to get a better copy..cause..i know that caused a unbalanced in the drive when it was spinning to ripp..I know nexts time to do that..lol

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I wish our wally world carried those because I'd be all over them...they are some of my favorites. The only place near me that has them is OfficeDepot and at $40 per 50 I could only stand 3 spindles before I moved on to Verbs and TY's.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

so you like them also LOCO???? the only MIJ's they had were the printables which is good for me cause i can print on them... they had 3 or 4 more 30ct cake boxes there.. i gotta go back tonight after work i think i might get another 30ct. i havent used any yet. are they pretty reliable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.