1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

bigwill68 whats up here same post just 6 1/2 hours inbetween posting them. what ya drinkin????lol

i need to get me some 16x TY's and see what they do... the only 16x media i have right now is my verbs...

as far as going back to another FW i tried it with the firmware it came with that was GLOB.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats just it i dont know which one worked with the 8x media.. i wanna say it was th GLOF. but i was only able to bunr with nero express once and imageburn twice with it nothing else worked..

on a different note.. i went to use dvdshrink and burn with imageburn.
    i kept getting a error saying sector is encrypted.... did this a few times. went and turned off anydvd and dvdshrink worked fine.

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres a scan of the 8x+rhub prinable maxell(mij) i ripped with the 18x liteon and burned with imageburn on the 16x liteon.. not a good scan.

[​IMG]

oh yea i did the scan at 1x.. man that took forever..lol

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

CONFLICT OVER

with some help from a few good people i have found the problem.. im sure most of you know liteon has a smartburn utility. in this utility there is something called hypertuning. it kinda is like the benq's WPOC. i needed to tunr that on along with the smartburn ability. onc ei had that all setup i put in a 8x+r TYnon printable. clicked on write in clonedvd2 and it started writing form ym HDD... took 7:50 to burn flushed away... but while i was doing the burn i was online and opening files and other junk stuff i shouldnt be doing in the middle of a burn... i got a scan but its nasty. im hopeing with proper technics i will get better scans/burns.

[​IMG]

going to do another just to ease my mind..lol will post that scan.

edit to add another scan.
    heres a 8x+r hub printable TY. it hesitated on the first try at 14% into burning. took out disc put in a new onw and it went through..
    [​IMG]

alot better scan.still not top notch but it will soon be

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  5. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

[​IMG]we need to not front on people on here it's called respect and down play them treat them how u wanna be treated..ps. sorry 4 the double post felled i was over looked back there..

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwill68,
    LOL. We weren't ignoring ya just to occupied with cincyrob's non-performing drive. It looks like that BENQ is doing you a good job. Are burning as well as scanning with that baby? And btw if you feel you've been overlooked just post something that says that. It's ok to wake us up every once in a while. ;-)

@cincyrob,
    You getting this thing down now??? Sorry for not realizing something so simple if that is the fix. Still learning like all who are here. *grins*

@ALL,
    There's been some sightings around here but not the Sasquatch (BT69). hehehe.

.....gm

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes there has been a siteing. a big one. the gran pumba of them all..greatness is amongst us. The King,Micheal Jordon, The Babe.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Def. great to see docTY post.

Been a bit since I last did a scan. Here's another burned on the external LiteOn that should have been higher than a 95 :)

[​IMG]

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wow very sweet scan binkie7.cant wait till this new drive gets to learn these 8x+r TY's...lol

yea would be great to get docTY back here on a regular basis....

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

@binkie7,
    Try scanning it again at 4X and see what you get. I always get more PIE's and PIF's at the 8X scan speed. ;-)

@cincyrob,
    I'm about to post a scan or two of some burns with the new f/w for the LH-18A1P. GLOG with the eos-fb patch. It's scanning right now. :)

...gm

edit: To add some scans........
    Scan of MCC 004 burned with the LH-18A1P (f/w GLOG fb eos patch) and scanned with same drive at 4X.
    [​IMG]
    Same disc scanned with the BENQ DW-1650.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this thing has me so screwed up. im burning the 8x+r media but the scans arent that good. they start out awsome but then end just flat out sucks. plus ive had 3 wasted disc. still trying to figure out this smartburn program. here are 2 reburns just playing around putting some of them nasty stickers in the trash and useing the hub printable to replace them..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i put a 16x+r verb in the 18x drive and got this scan.
    [​IMG]
    looks like im the only sap that dont have anything to do outside today..lol watching the race and burning movies. well trying to..lol

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  13. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Nope you ain't the only one here. LOL. I've been corralling the kiddies since we got home from church. Finally got them settled down and now daddy time. hehehe.

Scan of a TDK 003 burned at 8X. Not to bad for this media. Nice PIE's and nothing over 2 on the PIF's. :) btw ripped with the BENQ DW-1650 and burned & scanned with the LITE-ON LH-18A1P
    [​IMG]

Did this one with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 but burned the ISO image to the HDD because I wanted to. lol. Not really I wanted to use IMGBURN for comparison on the image created and quality burn. It took a little over 19 minutes for the ISO process. I will do the next movie on the "fly" and see how that compares to the first method. ;-)

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman
    what version(well i see its the same as me) of nero scan are you usieng look at you tabs then mine you have a advanced quality scan button and no TA jitter test like i have???

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

[​IMG]

The pie's jumped at the beginning and at the end but it played back clear and clean..

@greensman
    Good scan brother!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh i see how its gonna be.lol
    Greensman. over at cdfreaks.there talking some good stuff about this smart burn program and the newer version of it

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok i tweaked smartburn some more. i got another disc that had them sitckers on it ripped it to my HDD and used clone dvd2 to burn. much better scan on a 8x+r TY. outside of a little spike in the middle there i think i would have had a nice 98 there..lol but seeing it is a messed up disc i ripped from its a real good scan..

[​IMG]

the PIE's are a awsome low number. the PIF's arent bad either.

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL@cincyrob......*grins*

Yeh I have the same version that you do but for some reason it comes up that way every once in a while. *arms up* No idea why, I'm not smart enough to know. :p

@ cincyrob & bigwill68,
    Nice scans from both of you.
    cincyrob very nice considering it's a copy of a buggered up one.

bigwilly have you installed SmartBurn and burned a few yet. You might do that and see if your results improve. :) Try this link

@ both of you!! You might download the newest f/w with the fb_eos patch and try that too. YOu just might like it as much as Mikey likes LIFE.........hehehe. LInk for super GLOG f/w....

....gm

Here's one of the scans I have for now. I'm still doing the backups, it's been a little busy around the house today. Whew!! they're all in bed now tho.........yeah!!!

Now for the scan........
    TYG03 burned with the Pioneer DVR-112L at 8X and scanned with the LH-18A1P at 4X (this is a copy of a copy). I was nice enough to make another set for the ladies in my wife's study group and this is the last one I did. Just did it an hour ago to be exact. heh..
    [​IMG]

Whatcha think about that Pioneer cincyrob??? I will say this the first burn I did with the new f/w on the LH-18A1P was better than most of the other burns. I also think the SmartBurn utility is a great help for those drives. I'm not sure that Lite-On is a little short with the new f/w they put out. JM2C on that. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  19. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

[​IMG]in with a scan out with a another burn!!pie's got high this run!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  20. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwill68,
    That's not a bad scan but your colors are eye-crossing. LOL. Did you download Q-suite for the BENQ? YOu should, it allows for many things that possibly the f/w comes up short on. Here is the link for Q-suite and Q-scan and book-type management. If you need any help just ask. :)

@cincyrob,
    Where you be??? You didn't box that new Litey up and RMA for a Pioneer did you? heheheehe. j/k buddy, how's the drive doin? I'm betting it's getting better with some learn time. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.