1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

no i did'nt but hey thanks for the links..I'm goin 2 go do that right now..

2. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Had some time to do a scan. I haven't put one up in a while. Backed up on a NEC and test scanned on liteon , probably last test on this liteon as i am pulling it and putting it in my new system as the main burner. /Unjust

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is a few scan on the 18x litey 2 on 8x+r TY's and 1 on 8x+r maxell(mij).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i think ill just burn 16x media on the 18x drive and 8x media on the 16x litey

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  4. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

I know what your talking about Cincy, some burners seem to just like some media better than others. We all gotta find that right combination. Thats just how it is, I think its gotta a lot to do with different combinations of components. I think that's what is good about this forum, we all try to help one another out! /unjust

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

How's it going Unjust?? Good to see you show your pretty face again. Well I'm really thinking of those unbelievable scans you've posted in the past. :) btw what's your new rig gonna be like if you don't mind me asking?

@cincyrob,
    I think the 1st and 3rd burns are pretty good but the middle one is suspect at best. Not bad tho. I think that you would be happy with the results your getting from the LH-18A1P now. At least the thing will burn to 8X media now and it seems to do pretty well. :)

Here's a scan of Ghostbusters, who you gonna call???, done "on the fly" with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 on a Yuden T02 burned with the Pioneer DVR-112L at 8X and scanned with the LH-18A1P. Process took like 14 minutes. No compression required. :)
    Me still likey these YUDEN T02's, is there better media available???
    [​IMG]

...gm

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman
    yea its burning to 8x media but its kinda like a crap shoot still even with the smartburn on/opened however you look at it.. it doesnt allways work the first time.. i have been in a burn and anywhere between 8-14% it will stop and say bad media error.i have lost about 4 disc, but have been able to burn about 6 or 7 so far.

@unjust
    your so right there brother... im still trying to find the right combonation.lol i am gonna tommorrow take the 18x drive out and put it in my other older tower and see if it makes any difference.

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

good scan brother pie's stayed low..Ic smooth as a baby's bottom..lol..doe's it really make a differents on compressed movie or uncompressed movie how the scans comes out? or is it luck of the draw has fast or slow you do it?u think? i've have been hav'in good turn outs with the new equipment.i switched to from a sammy to lity and uncle ben plus moved up to ty's now..I got alot of pixels when..i burned with that sammy now..none at all clear as can be..and feels good watching a movie without sticking..lol..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the more comprssion you have the more work the programs you burn with has to do. if you dont have to compress alot the movie will fit on a DVD5 with no problem. but the bigger movies have alot of compression to get them to fit onto a DVD5. so you have more chances of the PIE's and PIF's being there....someone correct me if im wrong here...this isnt a scientific answer just from what i have seen and done.

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey cincyrob!!
    Let me know how that other tower handles the new burner. It's a curiosity to me. lol.

Thought that I would post some scans too. All burned on the LH-18A1P.
    Burned from the VIDEO_TS file with Nero Express at 4X on a Ritek R03.
    [​IMG]
    Same image, same method to a MCC 004.
    [​IMG]
    Didn't like the result so tried it at 12X. I really didn't like this one. Yuck!!!
    [​IMG]
    Took the TS files and "cleaned" them up with Shrink, removed everything but 5.1 sound and the movie. Much better result and burned at 8X.
    [​IMG]

@cincyrob,
    NOT correcting just adding. :) With compression comes other problems mainly pixels and stutters if you have big compression. What helps is reducing what you put on the backup and leaving the puter alone while she works. Other progies are available when you want to STUFF that 10 pounds of POop into a 5 pound bag. LOL. What follows clarifies some issues. Remember you can always use a DVD+R DL disc. hehehe. Really I know some members here that like to do that if they want ALL the extras and whatever from the original. ;-)

@bigwill,
    Which Samsung do you have? Depending on the model some of them are pretty good. ALWAYS be sure to have the latest f/w for your optical drive UNLESS there is evidence that the new f/w has some problems. This isn't normally the case but you never know. :)

Pixels can be caused by many things. Trust me I know. LOL. Unless you have a DUAL CORE processor I wouldn't multi-task any time for any reason. Just let the puter do it's thing. Most of the time I even leave it alone when it's "shrinking" the movie. DEFINITELY don't mess with it while she's burning. ;-)

Compression can cause problems too. Normally I just do 5.1 Audio and movie only to keep compression at a minimum. I like to stay below 10% if possible. (90% in shrink or cloneDVD2) I also have DVD-RB Pro, it can't be beat for the money but it's a little slower than Shrink, Nero Recode (2 or 4), CloneDVD2, or the other TRANSCODING progies.

DVD-RB Pro uses an ENCODER (there are many to chose from, I just use HC Encoder because it comes with DVD-RB Pro and it's FREE). Probably the best are Procoder and CCE Basic, they're both less than $100 I think. If you want to know more about this progie just search here or the net for it. You'll find plenty. ;-)

Another thing that will help reduce pixels on a backup is turning off your anti-virus, firewall, p2p client, basically whatever is running that could conflict with your burning process. Honestly I started there and then added one thing at a time to see how it affected the process. I now run uTorrent, AVG Free, and ZoneAlarm without problems.

Also you must make sure you do a disk-cleanup and a HDD Defrag 1-4 times a month. It really depends on how much you backup but do it whenever you can remember. :)

...gm

10. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hey Cincy , My new system specs are AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ , Gigabye GA-M59SLI-S5 motherboard, EVGA gFORCE 8800 GTS 320MB, Thermaltake 7700 PSU, 2 GIGS patroit extreme DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), 2 Samsung sata2 16mb 7200 500 gig drives, two LITE-ON 18X DVD drives, Gigabyte Black 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower Computer Case, Zalman CNPS 9700 cooler to keep the AMD cool. Logitech backlight keyboard and MX518 mouse also have an acer 22 inch widescreen lcd for the monitor. I also bought a Sound Blaster Audigy SE for the sound it's a cheap card , I might not install that because i'm thinking the onboard sound might be better than this card and i've read it can actually slow down your frame rates when your gaming on some games? Don't know? any input on that is appreciated? I do like soundblaster but this card might be to cheap? well i'll have it all put together next monday. I'm putting it together at school for credit:) I'm going to a community collage at night to get A+ certified. Been at my job for 18 years and i need a change!! Your never to old ya know! /unjust

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@unjust
    looks like your gonna have a pretty sweet rig there when ya get it all together. guess once you do. your scans will be 100 QS..lol no pifs...kinda hard to beat only 6 pif's total..lol

@greensman & Bigwill68
    i put the 18x litey on my other tower. had to put a few burning programs and anydvd on it also. put a 8x+r TY in it. ripped to HDD then tried to burn. does the same thing as if it was in my HP tower.so its not the system..lol it did burn but had to wiggle with the smartburn program

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

WELL THAT SUCKS DON'T IT!!! Sorry that didn't do any good for you cincyrob. :)

I guess if you want to keep the LH-18A1P your gonna have to use it for faster media and use the 16X for the lower rated stuff. :) Yep it does a good job on ripping doesn't it?

You can still order a Pioneer and I can walk you thru the steps to IMPROVE it. :):):)

....gm

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

I put the 18x drive back in with my 16x. did Blood Diamond on a 8x+r hub printable TY burnt at 8x and got this crappy scan...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i still had to mess with smartburn utlity to get it to burn. might have messed up a disc. havent checked it yet.

i have noticed with the 18x liteon the PIE's are really low, well so are the PIF's..lol

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Was that sarcasm or were you serious??? That looks like a GREAT scan to me. :) Was that burned on the LH-18A1P or the 160P6S? btw which f/w are you using, which version of GLOG that is??

To be honest I haven't found anything that burns better than the YUDEN T02's. I have 6+ different drives and the YUDEN T02's consistently produce better scans. NOT that there isn't good media out there but TY has it down when it comes to DVD+R 8X media. :)

...gm

@bigwilly,
    How's it going buddy? You figured out those utilities I mentioned to you? When you get a chance show us some of your handy work!! ;-)

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea im playing around. it was burnt on the LH-18A1P at 8x speed with the stock GLOG formware. not the supped up version

16. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    Pushung it to the limit. Still not too bad.
    Set to max (20x).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

Sure will..I've been busy latly doin other stuff..but I will get back to you all asap..and show my work..off lol..ic my co.worker cincyrob figured it out and it's up and runnin with the lity with a special software..which u hooked me on 2..also thanks buddy..my wife wanna get me to get all the 007 movies and burn 20plus to do..so that means more ty's to buy..lol wait until..I post all those..man that's gonna be some work ahead..

@cincyrob

good scan brother keep up the good work there..that burner will learn 1 day ur way..lol

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

@zebadee,
    That's an incredible scan for 20X speed. Have you tried that on different discs or just the TYG03? I've done a few high speed burns but only with a TYG03 and MCC 004. The MCC 004 didn't like it at all and the TYG03 did ok. I have the LH-18A1P. :)

@bigwilly,
    Can't wait........lol

@cincyrob,
    You gotta try that new suped-up version of GLOG. Bet you'll like it. ;-)

...gm

19. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Unjust2u
    I'm doing the same as you - back in college & switching what I originally went to college for. Now doing information management systems.
    You are so right - never too old!

@zebadee
    That's a helleva scan overburning 16x TY's to 20x. Dang.

@all
    Howdy!!

20. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@binkie

howdy..I guess you be on the mission huh?..lol things keep'in you busy in the world..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.