1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres a scan on a 8x+r Maxell(mij)hub printable. i opened smartburn first then stuck the disc in and burnt fine no problem. doesnt look as good as the TY i did. but still a good burn and its on th e8x media.

[​IMG]

oh yea this was overburned @ 12x also.so i guess thats a real good burn..lol

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

same movie here. except it was done with dvdshrink and imageburn. this is a 8x-r TY(thanks BigWill68) also burnt @ 12.1 speed with image burn i got a screen shot of imageburn doing its thing.

Imabeburn screen shot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Nice scans ol' boy. ;-)

Why are you over-burning the 8X media? Curious that's all. :)

I think they are good scans for over-burning and I would be VERY curious to see the result(s) with an 8X burn. How do you like those MIJ Maxell's? Not bad, huh? As you know I've been reading a little over at CDF and from the results they're getting our scans are well within tolerance and even good by there standards. Especially the over burns. :)

I did a bunch of scans last night and will post some of those this afternoon or evening. I also got some of the new Sony D21's for cheap, again had a BestB gift card and had to spend it on something. LOL.

@binkie7,
    Nice to see your little puppy and your musings. LOL. Hope all is well..

....gm

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman..
    i just overburned them .....well because i could..lmao.. i just wanted to see how they woudl react to the drive and them being overburned, i'd say i would have gotten a real good score if i burned them at 8x.. the lastone i did the 8x-r TY i did everything with the 18x litey. ripped and encoded with shrink and then imageburn to burn with... i did happen to look at shrink when it was encodeing/ripping. the rate is way higher than the 16x litey, it was encodeing at 6205kbs. normally i only see it around 4000-4200kbs. pretty dg gone good.

yea them guys over at CDfreaks are crazy. the one guy ive been talking to he is burning at 20x on a 16x+r verb. and getting good scans. dont know how they play???lol

5. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Double scans here this scan below was takin from a old from 2004 (runaway jury) as you see the pie's and the pif's started out good then sky rocketed thru the roof..but i was able to re ripp it to a Ty with no problem as the disc was sticker labeled,It stilled played fine..but i just wanted to put on a better disc..plus that old burn with done with Verbatim Burner..I got from Tigerdirect years back it's gone now..lol
    [​IMG]

this scan came out flawless plus a better burner is used..lol everything stayed low and pretty good this burn was disc to disc 22mins to transcode and burn total at 8x's
    [​IMG] hope it looks good to u all..?

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwilly,
    Nice scan there buddy. Low PIF's. Is that a copy or did you re-do the disc? :)

A few scans for your perusal. LOL.
    Good scan for a Ritek R03. Burned at 4X on the LH-18A1P.
    [​IMG]
    GREAT scan for a Prodisc, again burned at 4X. Labeled FUJI DVD+R 16X.
    [​IMG]

I'll add some more later. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

....gm

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

if it aint to late when i get home i might try and do Eragon and post it. not a bad scan greensman. you got any cases to put them in?????ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Don't get cheeky!!!! ROFLMAOPM!!!! Figure that one out. hehehe. WEll if I don't maybe I can make a bag or box haul like some SOB I know. hahaha.

Back in a bit with some scans. Lazy day for me, all the way around. hehehe.

....gm

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

be back soon guys the flu is kicking my ass!!

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@aabbccdd
    hey get that junk out of your system brother.wouldnt wish the flu on anyone..

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Got 3 of them to add. I ripped these on the HDD the other day and forgot all about it. LOL. Got 2x 250GiB WD's and sometimes loose stuff on there. j/k, actually got CRS syndrome. hahaha.
    YUDEN T02 with less than desirable results. I think that I need to defrag this drive. :) NOt all bad just not my typical burn on the Pioneer 112 as far as PIF's. :)
    [​IMG]
    MCC 004 burned on the Pioneer 112. Pretty typical burn for the MCC 004.
    [​IMG]
    MCC 004 burned on the LH-18A1P. I little bit better. Actually used CloneDVD2 to 'shrink' the movie and write. Good program for the money. :)
    [​IMG]
    btw these were all burned at 8X. :)
    ...gm

12. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

that's a copy off a old mcc-002 data life verb 4x'x.I first did back in 2004..i scaned it first..came hi so i re ripped to a ty -r 8x's full speed and came out with a better scan..
    run with it brother.. do your thing.. good 1..like the scan..also

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the first burn of Eragon.not a bad scan not good either. you all know me in want my pif's 2 or less..lol

[​IMG]

low amount of PIE's but the PIF's are high(total)

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Nice scan buddy, but look at this. LOL.

[​IMG]

You might recognize this, just be patient. hehehe.

Honestly I can't remember which drive did this one. It was either the Pioneer or the LITE-ON. I did about 6 last night and was swapping back and forth on drives. Good results doesn't matter which drive did it. :)

.....gm

btw if anyone knows how do you get the Nero scan thingy to recognize the drive you recorded the disc on? Sometimes mine works and sometimes it doesn't which makes ZERO sense. :)

15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

TY +R 8X burned at 8X...and scanned with Benny, just can't seem to make it under 100 failures.

[​IMG]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@LOCO

i dont think i have seen a scan from a benq that had pif's lower than a 100. i might be wrong and someone please correct me. but the way benq's do there scans, there requirements are different than say a liteon or a pioneer. if you have one of those drives try and scan your disc on those and see if you get any under 100.

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

My two drives are an NEC and BenQ...I've seen at least one with scores below 100. I've never been able to get there though. I'll look up the link if I can find it.

18. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

Hi, im using 16x verbatim discs and have a Pioneer Model: DVR-111D writer

i only had time do do a quick scan but may do a full one and show the results tommorow, but from this pic, you can see my pi errors max are much higher (150ish)than everyone elses..

does this meen my burns are low quality, and if so what can i do to improve them??

thanx
    [​IMG]

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@lundy
    first of all welcome to AD and the crazy nero scan thread..lol

you have a good burner and are useing good quality media.
    first what speed are you burning at? i would recomend 8x for those 16x verbs. woulndt go over 12x. ive gotten some good score at 12x but its pushing it.

from what i know about the pioneer drives(which isnt alot) they arent that good of a scanning drive. awsome burner but not that good of a scanner. your not doing any multy tasking when burning are you?

where im at right now i cant see your scan. but how is your PIF's those are what i look at the most. you get a high number of those and its makeing of a bad disc.

@greensman. you have the 112d pioneer got any pointers here?

20. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@lundy1987
    Good scan - 99 quality score 16 total pif's - got me beat :)

@cincyrob
    Check the scan out when you get home - lundy1987 may have the record in this thread for lowest pif's & almost burning to the edge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.