1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

2. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

oh and what software are people using to burn their dvd files or isos with?

Iv found that dvdshrink gives me better results but takes longer...

thanx

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@lundy

your problem is your disc you got there(in my opinion)those MCC03RG20's arent all that good. i know they are verbs, but not all that good need to get ya some good MCC003's orMCC004's

your PIF's are real good cant beat that. your total PIE's are a tad high for such short of a disc, but th emax isnt that bad cosidering the media...

Myself i use anydvd and clonedvd2 90% of the time.but i do use ripit4me the most if not useing clonedvd2. also imageburn is a good program to use if ya wanna burn ISO's.

4. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

ah well, jus bought 100 of them haha.

I know the total number of them is high but aslong as theyre under 200ish then it shouldnt cause ne jumps or pixalation on playback should it? thats all im really bothered about

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Rectum is just as good as it gets...

[​IMG]

6. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

whats that?

7. LOCOENG

Rectum...damn near killed 'em.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Actually.........Rectum hell.......damn near killed 'em. hehehe.

Nice scan there LOCO...:) Gotta like those 99's when you get them. Yeh thinking back on one of your previous posts there isn't to many scans with Nero CD.DVD Speed that show less than 100 PIF's but less than 300 is pretty good with a BENQ imo. :)

@Lundy,
    The edit feature can be used to add something to a post if no-one has added since your last one. :) Just trying to be helpful.

And I use IMGBURN most of the time with ISO's and Nero Express with VIDEO_TS files. They both do a good job for what I use them for. I also use CloneDVD2 (to write ISO's) some of the time when I'm in a hurry and don't won't to wait on the ripped file and using another progie like DVDShrink or DVD-RB Pro.

IMHO IMGBURN is one of the best writers (and builders too) you can use. If you haven't tried it, you should just for something different. :)

On the discs that you are using, they are fine but not as coveted as some of the other media out there. The DVD+R version as cincyrob pointed out works nicely with most drives and of course TY DVD+R media is pretty good as well. I've never tried the YUDEN T03's but the YUDEN T02's are TOP NOTCH in my book. I've burned many of them and had VERY good luck. :) I like the book-type feature on DVD+R media as well. JM2C on that. ;-)

....gm

9. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I guess i'll come in like cincyrob did with a good scan to lol..

[​IMG]

naw this is really what happen below with the lity..
    [​IMG] sorry 4 the double post just had to make ya lol..
    pif was low..kept it disc to disc max at 8x's with clonedvd & anydvd..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  10. LOCOENG

I agree completely...still in search of the elusive less than though.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wel lets see where do i start?

Unjust ya need to make room on that seat you got at the top, cause its gonna get a little tight up there with 2 of us up there..lol its not a 6 in the PIF's you got but its right next to it.

just did this one, burnt on the LH-18A1P at 8x on the hub printable 8x+r TY's. i didnt have smartburn on at first so yea i wasted another TY. but once i turned smartburn on i got this lovely little scan. nope i didnt cheat either regular scan @4x.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first 98 on a litey for me.
    isnt she beautiful(oh still thinking im watching Miss America contest)is that really a contest?..lol
    overall its a great burn. very low PIE's of course low PIF's even jitter test is in a good range.

@LOCO
    is this low enough for ya??? lol
    that scan on the benq you posted is a first for me. never seen a benq with less than 100, that i can remember. very nice scan.
    gonna post this scan over in docTY's thread gotta show my buddy this TY scan..lol

12. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

Ok.... now im confused, iv done two burns.....one was done on my dads pc using the same dvdrw (pioneer dvr111D, with the same f/w...1.23, on the same program, using the same verb disks, we are pretty muchy identical...my dad actually only has 34gb free, i have 60gb free...

as you can see (on the last scan i posted above) my dads pi errors only reach around 50ish....where as mine, stil hit about 150......i really dont understand why he is gettin much better scans than i am...

Oh and we are using the same f/w, ignore the 1.23 and 8.29, both scans were done on my pc, i just had the 8.29 one on my drive at the time i scanned my dads, but im getting the same results now iv reverted back to 1.23

here's my scan, compared to my dads burn below it...

mine
    [​IMG]

my dads
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

is it the same as far as the spec's go? same type CPU, MEM, ect...
    overall its still a good scan. i think your worried more about the PIE's than anything. you have to look at the whole scan and see what it tells you.granted the pie's ar a little high but they are under the 280 mark, thats where ya really need to worry when they get over 280.

14. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

Their pretty much identical, i may even have a ever so slightly better motherboard, so i dno what the prob is, its just annoying that he seems to get even better burns for unknown reasons

15. LOCOENG

Nice scan, but you are about a gig off the mark...most of the errors come between 4000 and 4400 MB's. LOL

16. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

I have Nero 7 and cannot find the application to test dvds. Is it in some other version of Nero or a separate software or an add-on?

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea that was a small movie. getting ready to do the prestige. big movie there. will post scan

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  19. greensman

greensman Regular member

NIce scan cincyrob, IT feels good doesn't it??? LOL

@Lundy,
    How bout disc cleanup and defrag?? Have you done those? If you have, what software differences do you have? I don't have that particular optical drive sooooo would the differences in f/w versions make a difference in scanning. I think the BUFFALO f/w would have a slight advantage over the stock one imo that is. :)

What about HDD drives? Are you both running the same HDD or different. Thinking about 8MB and 16MB cache. Also what brand? I'm trying to narrow this thing down if it can be. I know how frustrating it can be to not have them come out as good as they should. :)

What about playback? That's very important as you well know. ;-)

....gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here the scan of the prestige. burnt @12x on the 8x+r TY(waisted another one before i got this one to burn) seeing that this was overburned pretty dog gone scan.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.