1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Just a guess here cincyrob. My thinking is the firmware - sets the write strategies for media & ImgBurn shows you the 'true' write speed. There's is fluxation in the burn speed.
    I know it sounds odd but these discs may not be able to be burned at that speed.
    Kinda like 16x media not doing well 4x & under on some drives.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i should have just jammed it out @8x its max...couldnt have been worse than what i got...lol but then again i never did check it to see if it plays....

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Ihoe,
    here is the post of the latest Office Depot DL (AKA Ritek D-01 Disk)
    This is the movie "Cars" and has been played numerous times without any playback issues. This disk is typical, with scores running around 95-97% until the disk gets at 95% complete, then the PI and PIF numbers start running up. I assume this is due to running towards the outer part of the second layer.
    [​IMG]

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Same burner, Sony MIT 16D1 disk
    [​IMG]

and similar disk, with a Sony DRU-800A burner.
    [​IMG]

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

damn Blivet you got a 98.6 on our liteon????im gonna pull my hair out until i get something over 95...lol

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i just downloaded dvdinfopro. gonna give it a try on this burner my hp wouldnt work with it.

got 2 scans of the same disc. a crc scan and pi/pf
    now on this same disc i got a much higer score with nero cd/dvd (95)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. pahick

pahick Member

@binkie7

Ty about my grandma. The date puzzled me at first. I always thought it was the date of the scan. That is the date I did the backups with Rebuilder. I guess it "tagged" the .iso by date? If that isnt the case im not sure what it means then.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I think your right there pahick on the date the backup was created.
    In my case - 99% of the time - I automatically burn with Clone, Recode or Shrink when their done transcoding.
    So I just assumed it's the date the backup was done (didn't take into account could be burned at a later late :) )

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lmao, see i didn't know if that scan was rly worth anything to anyone, but it's about all I can do :p

:)

10. pazzini

pazzini Guest

LG 4167B Burnt @8x

[​IMG]

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@ripper..
    i was in the same situation you are in now a little over a month ago. my HP740i didnt work with any of the disc scans either. i was only able to do that benchmark test you just did... and i still dont know what it means..lol

12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol cincyrob, it'a a pain... I can however do the tests with the little green blocks :p

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Cincyrob,
    I don't know why our scores are that different, I know you do the same thing, defrag the hard drive often,rip to the hard drive then burn ro the disk using 8X or 12X speed, we have the same burner, same firmware, same basic tastes in movies. I don't think you should sweat the petty numbers if the disk plays in your DVD player. But, one can never have a car that goes from 0-60 fast enough eh?

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@blivetNC. maybe thats what im doing wrong/differnet. i dont rip the movies to the HD i go from disc to disc. wel disc to hd temp to disc..lol

@ripper
    i have heard some hear say they go by the CRC test more than the other scan, if the disc is readable you shouldnt have any problem with it playing on your standalone's

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah, thing is it plays on all my dvd players. So i only wanted to post a scan for the "hell of it" :p

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

[​IMG]
    Another scan from the same batch of disks which posted a 96 score earlier.

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok now that i got my power back here almost 24 hours without any... i got a bunch of scans here... the 1st 3 are of cars on 3 different test. nero/dvdinfopro, and Kprobe....i took this disc to my inlaws lastnight and we all watched it on there 50in widescreen, i was totally amazed how it looked. for 1, was just awsome on that big of a tv and 2 my burnt copy looks as good as the original, i couldnt see anything wrong with it on that big of a screen..... so for that here are the scans.
    [​IMG]
    better score here than nero
    [​IMG]
    this is Kprobe i cant make heads or tales out of it..lol
    [​IMG]

now this one here is of wizard of OZ. the wife found this disc she had from years ago the original OZ. i think this the very first time ever put on dvd. it looks bad(the disc that is), but i got it to rip and used recode to burn it plays great but you can tell its a older movie..
    [​IMG]

have about 3 more scans of little man and the santa clause i redid...
    still nothing over 95. but that copy of cars i am proud of nothing at all wrong with it even on a 50in screen

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this is the santa clause disc was scratched used ripit4me and did final burn with clonedvd.
    [​IMG]
    didnt do a nero scan on this but i will.
    this is littleman, didnt have any problems with this one pretty easy. i didn thave any problem with clonedvd2 at all on these 4 movies
    [​IMG]

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

all 4 of those movies were burnt on my new hub printable 8x+r verbs burnt at 8x also.

@blivetNC
    i just ripped CARS to my hard drive im gonna use clonedvd2 and use that ripped file instead of going disc to disc.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BlivetNC &Binkie7

ive noticed something about the liteon we all have... the last 4 out of 5 burns i have done on it ive used the 8x+r verbs i just got. i have forgotten to use the booktype software for it to convert +r to dvd-rom when useing clonedvd2. on everyone but 1 i did this to, i ran it through dvdidentifier and it was booktype to dvd-rom on its own. here is one of them disc that it did it on its own.
    this is ripped to my HD then burned from there with clondvd2 at 8x.[​IMG]
    here is the disc info.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.