Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@cincyrob

Good spaces between the pif's and you kept the pie's low to..good job

well i'm here 4 more posts..my wife got me on a 007 mission..to track down Bond..JAMES..Bond..lol..
    [​IMG]These did'nt do to hot..I think the pie's were kinds high..on both..well as long as it plays clear that's all that matter..
    [​IMG]
    2 down 20 more to go and rip..lol

2. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

Well im close to giving up and just buying a 1112D drive since theyre not that expensive...

iv looked at discs iv burnt a few weeks ago and the pi errors only go as high as about 50, but since i did a scan on a disc iv done more recently theyre always around 150 and i really dont know why...

iv updated firmware, cleaned the system, used a lense cleaner cd, tryed different software, and nothing seems to make a difference at all, so im officially stumped now :-(

3. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

think il just leave the drive as it is now, i get the odd disc that will freeze but not that often, i meen.....what is it you should most look at...the pi errors or failures, becuase although my pi errors are reaching around 160....my failures dont really go over 2 at all, actually its unlikley that il get more than 1 spike that will hit the 2 mark...

so does that meen based on my other scans i posted my burns arent bad ones??

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@bigwill

Those lumberjack plaid scans are burning my retinas. LOL

5. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@LOCOENG

Ur silly you better wear some shades the next time around then..LOL

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. hehehe.

@bigwilly,
    NOT to offend your Nero scan decorating. LOL. YOu could pick something a little softer and more pleasing than the LUMBER JACK PLAID. hehehe. Nice scan anyway buddy. :)

@Lundy,
    Try some other "quality" media just for p00-p00's and ha-ha's. I want to see how another disc does on your burner. :) Well assuming you have something else to burn. :) Heck even some "crappy" media for a reference.

I would like to see a scan on another drive as well. I don't think the Pioneer will give you a JITTER test. Do you have a Lite-ON or BENQ to scan with? Just trying something different. I think that you will find out that your jitter test is off for some reason but I don't know for sure.

To answer your question the PIE's and PIF's are just for reference anyway. As long as the PIE's spike is below 280 (100) and the PIF's spike is below 10 (4) you should be ok. I use the numbers in (###) for my highs. It doesn't mean that the disc is bad if the numbers go beyond that, all it does is give you somewhere to start. You've already said that you're having problems with playback.

With that said. What are your processes? You should NOT have playback problems with what you've showed me. cincyrob may have a legitimate point with the Verb DVD-R discs. Never discount a bad batch either. It sometimes happens even with the best media. :)

You have me perplexed up until now. More answers and maybe a cure for you. Keep the info coming and don't get discouraged. My buddy pieman was having problems with a Pioneer 111 and 112 but it turned out to be his mobo. Don't give up yet. :)

....gm

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

Naw keep'in it bright so everybody can see..Lol naw i'll change it up here on the next scan..i do..hey thanks about my scans there 2 buddy..

O yea order a 50pack of ty's +r's 8x today from meritline..gonna see how those work out 4 for me..now

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  8. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

What do you meen below 280 (100)?? and 10 (4), my pi errors are hitting 150ish, so when tyou say under 280...is that under 280...or is 280....100....if u get me?

just didnt understand whats the numbers in brackets were for, yer possibly could be a bad batch, considering, the batch before this were a better burn, neva thought of that,

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

your PIE's the max number you want to have is 280 or lower to have a readable disc. greensman was just saying with the 100pie's is what he likes to see. nothing higher than 100. and your PIF's you dont want them over 10 max also for a good readable disc... and the 4 max is what he shoots for for a good disc.
    hopes that helps clear it up some.

if you are getting your pie's around 150, thats not bad, not real good but not bad... like he said try another media type and see what ya get.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks rob you hit it right on the nail. :)

@Lundy,
    Yeh rob said it. My tolerances are a little tighter than the initial article states on the PIE and PIF values. Not that anything higher than what I pick for values isn't good, it just isn't good enough for me. I have discs that have 200-250 PIE's and 10+ PIF's that still play but I don't trust them to last more than a year or so.

My methods and machine have really increased in quality the last year so my tolerances have too. :)

PLease take into consideration that most of the scans you see on this thread are done with a Lite-ON. Some are done with a BENQ and therefor the differences in quality score and PIF numbers are somewhat OFF. THey both scan very well but have different "qualifications" when it comes to PIE's and PIF's and therefore QS too. ;-)

I hope this makes some sense. :):)

.....gm

11. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

Right, problem solved, and it was a simple answer lol.

well the disc u burnt off my dads pc ~(with the good results) was the same media as mine....BUT it was from a different batchy of discs, and up-on testing one of his batch on my pc....my max spike pi error, hits 60....and thats burnt at 26x too, havnt had one pi failure above 1 either...il post my scan in a min...

Thanx for all the help!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  12. greensman

greensman Regular member

@lundy,
    No probs!!

Glad to see that you got everything worked out for now. If you can swing it try some of the DVD+R media from Verbatim, it's good stuff. Normally on sale somewhere too. You might even try the Sony DVD+R media as well and it's normally on sale too. :)

If you get the DVD+R stuff you might want to try some BUFFALO f/w on your Pioneer so it will auto book-type to DVD-ROM. Just something to try if you feel comfortable enough.

Please tell me that was a typo "26X". LOL. I know it was, just wanted the casual reader not to panic about a new 26X burner. hehehe.

btw you can left click the floppy disc icon on Nero CD/DVD Speed in the top right hand corner and save your scan that way too instead of capturing the image on the desk top. Just another way to do it. :)

...gm

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

[​IMG]
    another great scan for my BenQ and TYs DVD+R, 8x media!

14. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@IHoe

Uncle ben got the job done ic there..good scan man..

15. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

16. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@IHoe

What a collection and it keeps growing and growing..lol lot of my movies are on vhs..so later on I'm goin to write them down and go do them on dvd..to add to my collecion..alot work..but it will get done some day after I get my wife Bond collection 2gether first..lol

17. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

One of my better burns. But TY generally always burns great.
    burned at 8x with Qsuite defaults.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  18. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

seems that all my scans of YUDEN000T02s are always in the 98-99 score! My drive can't get enough of those! I am now stockpiling them up..... have over 400 in reserve now, and waiting for my next 100 coming next week!

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup ya can tell good weather is here..lol
    got a few scans here
    this one i just did on a verb. been awhile since in burnt a non printable anything..lol
    [​IMG]
    back to a printable. 8x+r maxell(mij)
    [​IMG]
    and this one i go these disc from a freind on here
    [​IMG]
    this was a pretty decent movie kinda like hostel

20. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    My latest adventure with Lite-On LH-20A1P @ 20x max.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.