1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    It is there in Nero 7 or 6. Nero Tool Kit.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Finally got down under 200...was only at 68 PIF's until the last few MB's.

[​IMG]

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@LOCOENG.......I noticed that you have the same burner as I do.... BenQ 1655...... but my firmware is BCIB and yours is BCGB... checking the firmware page I see that they only list the latest firmware as BCIB! found here: BenQ 1655
    where did you get the BCGB and why isn't it listed in the firmware page?

also you should check out some of my scans that I posted in this thread!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  4. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    Try http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DW1655

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I guess I'll stick with the latest firmware update of BCIB!

6. LOCOENG

That is the stock firmware that came shipped with the drive and I'm perfectly happy with it. I've thought of updating but I don't see the need at this time...perhaps in the future.

BTW...do you use the lightscribe any? I've done two and have nothing but problems since then so I don't even try anymore.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

[​IMG]
    I have no problems with my LightScribe! works great! and so does my burnings!

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

even if it is 83 degree's outside for the past week i cant abandon my own thread...lol it is rough staying in the house when its this nice.. weather getting ready to change here for about a week back to the mid 40'sgoing to walmart tonight to get a few movie will have a scan or 4 to post tonight or in the morning..

LOCO pretty nice scan there brother... I have a HP burner that is lightscribe. i have done 4 or 5 scribes. didnt thrill me as much as i thought it would. plus takes to long to scribe to the disc. plus the lightscribe disc are getting cheaper .

9. LOCOENG

I don't really want to burn LS discs....but it really pisses me off that I have it and it freezes up the drive everytime I try to burn one. It's just the priciple of the thing, if it worked I still wouldn't use the feature any more or any less. As stated I've done two and they turned out just fine (as well as could be suspected), but since then it's all went caput.

Oh well...anyone need 28 Verb LS discs?

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

as promised. this is a A&E show back in the day with Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2 disc set.first 2 disc are done one 8x+r hub printable Maxell(mij)
    second set are on 8x+r hub printable TY's
    big difference in the 2 disc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all 4 disc burnt on liteon LH-18A1P @ 8x

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey there buddy. NIce scans on both discs really.

I know the YUDEN T02's were unbelievable but the Maxell's are very good too. You should visit CDF and see what they consider a good scan to be. You have 4 good'uns but you know that. LOL.

I think your Jitter test on all 4 are well on track too!! Averages less than 9 and fairly consistent. I have some scans to add later with some weird jitter results. Sorry I've been workin on my friends puter and it's killing me; the reason for no show in a while. Hopefully we've got it narrowed down to a couple of things now and I can get back to my normal scanning self. :p

btw LIKE the new sig there buddy. I think you may have the destination wrong tho. hehehe.

.....gm

PS: I've got some new discs you need to try out, I'll PM you later about that. ;-)

12. LOCOENG

Why keep secrets from all of us enthusiasts?

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL@LOCOENG.......

No secrets really. I've sent him a couple of discs in the past that I wanted him to scan for comparison and I have a couple more. Nothing special just a TY or 2. :) Oh! and I did send him some TDK 003's to try but they're nothing compared to YUDEN T02's. ;-)

@cincyrob,
    Well here's your PM. hehehe.

....gm

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and ive used 3 of them TDK.3 good burns. got a 93 on one and 95 on the other 2.. havent used any of the MCCOO3's yet

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@LOCOENG

What you ask'in for them? Never gonna Get'em. Never did a lightscribe b4..Like to try it 1 time..lol

@greenman

man what's goin on with ripit4me..I heard no more updates?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  16. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello Everyone :) Just got my new system built. I know i need to flash my drives still, but i wanted to check out what these drives do? I know I should have went with the intel core duo but i went with an amd 5200 x2. This thing won't even break a sweat, it stays at 26c and its really really silent. So i really can't complain. I know the intel is a better overclocker but i'm really happy i went with AMD :) anyway here's a post of my first burn . /unjust

[​IMG]

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey UnJust,
    Nice scan there buddy. :) Once you update your f/w let's see a scan for comparison. I'm curious to see the results and differences from one f/w to another. I'll look for the links to the f/w that I have.

@bigwilly,
    Did a search on RI4M and it seems that she's gone. :-( Hopefully someone will come out with something just as good and FREE. I guess if you have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 you can use them. They're good but you have to pay for them. It's nice to get something for free but sometimes "they" snatch it out of your hands like CANDY. :)

....gm

18. LOCOENG

Just teasin...I'll get it working or my names not loco

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Unjust,
    I found the link to GLOG fb eos for the Lite-On LH-18A1P. I like this f/w better than GLOF and it also has the ability to enhance your Litey even more. Yeah!! Give it a look see. :p

@LOCOENG,
    You BIG TEASER you. hehehe. Have you tried to update your f/w yet for the DW-1655?? Also a search on the Nero site might give you an update on the LS burn strategy. Sorry I didn't link you to anything. Just got in from the golf course (we're poking holes) and I'm lazy and tired. :) Good luck to you and your LS endeavor. :)

....gm

20. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@LOCOENG.... about your trouble with LightScribe on your BenQ 1655...... mine is an external:

[​IMG]

the cover box is from Galazy with a Prolific chipset in the back that has a firewire and a USB to connect to the computer. At first I connected using the firewire. In doing so the drive was not recognized as a LightScribe drive! I tried everything and even returned the drive to Supermediastore.com. I updated the LightScribe software to 1.4.89.1 and I downloaded SureThing CD Labeler 4 SE and still Nero and SureThing would not recognize the drive as being a LightScribe drive. Supermediastore did a total diagnostics on it and they said it was fine and returned it to me! I HAD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING BOTH WAYS!! and that almost added up to the price of the darn thing! LOL Anyway... I got it back and this time hooked it up by USB and bing...... all worked! My drive works like a champ and here are some scans:

[​IMG]
    this was right out of the box, when I first got it in August, '06

then I updated the firmware and I started to get this:
    [​IMG]

and so on:
    [​IMG]

and this one:
    [​IMG]

I love my BenQ 1655 and it does everything! My burner that came with the computer is a rebadged BenQ 1620/40 -- the Philips 8631. this drive had very bad reviews but I was lucky! my Philips 8631 worked right from the get go and it's still burning after thousands of burns! That's why I bought the BenQ 1655 in the first place. I'm just pissed off that BenQ discontinued their DVD burners.... so there won't be anymore firmware updates for these great burners! Oh well.... the next thing I get would be a Blu-ray or HD-DVD burner or combo drive! I guess progress keeps on going! If you want to call it progress.

Good luck with your LightScribe en devours!

Ihoe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.