1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here 1 of 10 comeing. got a couple seasons of the waltons here for mom in law. season 3 disc 1 here. putting them all on MCC004's non printable and being burnt @8x.
    pretty nice scan here. thought i was gonna have awsome scan until the end. nothing bad but a few PIF's showed up at the end.
    [​IMG]

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and heres disc2 of season 3 looks better than the first.(MCC004)
    [​IMG]

nope im not gonna post all 10..lol

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang had to post this one. very sweet scan. im shootin for Unjust's title...lol 6

[​IMG]

4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

Thanks for that your scan looks good also,,keep up the good work there..

@cincyrob
    ic your working out the problems with the 18x lite-on good spaces between the pif's on that last scan you've done..

here i'm post'in double scans of the +r ty's 8x scaned on two different burners to see how they came out this is reburn from a -r ty 8x cause when..I watched it on the -r it did'nt stick it slowed up alittle in a scene but kept playing it was a disc to disc rip..but i riped it again to the hard drive and reburned 2 the +r using ripit4me/fixvts and put it the disc with clonedvd and anydvd background running..

Uncle Ben scan below
    [​IMG]

Lite-on scan here
    [​IMG]

seem to me that the lite-on gives a little more spaces between pif's than the BenQ and and the disc was burned with Uncle Ben..I would think uncle ben would like the +r's better and come out on top with the pif's spaces between..lol

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

pretty nice scans there Will. i'd stick with the liteon scan myself..lol

here is disc 5 of season 3. did this one different. used Ripit4me(rip) to rip to my HDD then shrink and imageburn. still think for me and my setup i do better on the fly.

[​IMG]

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got out some of my first disc i ever burned. yup they have the sticky labels on them. this is pretty
    [​IMG]

LMFAO

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

WOW!!! Does that thing play?? Look at that Jitter test, Eeeeeeewweeey!

By all the rules it shouldn't think about playing. LOL. You've got me curious, I may pull out a couple of the old ones that still play and see what they give for score and tests. :)

....gm

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup it plays i have it in the standalone right now and its playing..lol gonna take the sticky label off of it and see if i can rerip it

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Upgraded firmware to current...wasn't happy with the MCC004 results and then switched over to TY02's, big difference. Still hasn't learned the media yet either. And I think the Verb tub maybe had a bad streak in them...

MCC004 burned with Imgburn @max (13.5) and scanned at 8X. Burn and scan with 1655.

[​IMG]

TY02 burned with Imgburn @ max (13.3) and scanned @ 8X...both with BenQ DW1655.

[​IMG]

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

I want to apologize right now for posting so many scans. LOL. It's the scan thread but I didn't intend to post this many, ok enough forgiveness.

I couldn't stand it I did 5 (yeh 5) scans from old discs and they actually surprised me. LOL. I believe these were all writen/burned with a Memorex Dual-X1 (rebadged Pioneer DVR-106D) and they are impressive to say the least. (well at least I think they are)

Jimi Hendrix (Blue Wild Angel:Live at the Isle of Wight) on a LeadData01 DVD-R 4X.
    [​IMG]

Led Zeppelin DVD on a LeadData01 DVD-R 4X.
    [​IMG]

BoatTrip on a OPTODISC 0P2 DVD+R 2.4X I think
    [​IMG]

Breakfast Club on a TDKG02 DVD-R 2X
    [​IMG]

Enemy of the State on a TYG01. YOU gotta love these TYG01's, I've still got a couple of these left and they produce some GREAT results time after time. ;-)
    [​IMG]

I'll do some new ones this week. I think I need to hit the $5 barrel at Wally-World for some old WEsterns. ;-) You know any good old spaghetti westerns there cincyrob???

...gm

@LOCOENG I sent ya a PM. ;-)

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@LOCOENG......... I'm glad you updated to BCIB, the BenQ 1655 will learn the disks and then you'll get great scans. But, I must admitt that YUDEN000T02s will do better than any MCC disks or TYG02s and the drive loves 8x better than 16x disks. I stockpiled almost 450 8x,DVD+Rs Taiyo Yudens and I even bought the 16x, DVD-R WaterShed inkjet hub printables Taiyo Yudens, just to see how the Glossy printables look like! I love the look.... but disappointed in the scans of the 16x, DVD-Rs! The printing on the Glossy Watershed disks are great! my Epson R320 prints them just fine and I even put them under water and it rolled right off like my new car with RainX treatment at the car wash! the printings are great.... but the 16x disks are not what I thought they should be. The first disk had a defect on the dye and you can see streaking by the outer edge! I tested it out with Qsuit scan and it said, "We don't recommend burning at this speed or under." and I tried scanning from 4x to 16x.... all failed the recommending burning speed tests. I then tried other disks from the 50 spindle pack.... it finally got better and these disks passed the 4x-16x writing speed tests. I was expecting that Taiyo Yuden perfection and I found a couple of disks sub par. Maybe it's me and it's all Taiyo Yuden's fault for spoiling me but all the DVD+Rs I have from them are prefecto! oh well..... they are showing me that nothing is ever pure all the time!

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

IHoe i am at 800 plus of the DVD dash R TYGO3s and a few TYGO2s with maybe 1 coaster

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@aabbccdd....... I'm over 1500 plus for the YUDEN000T02s and about 200 or so with the TYG02s.......and I don't think I have had ANY coasters other than my own mistakes (I find when I turn on my scanner it interferes with burning and shuts the program down..... not the fault with the disks and I did that about 3 times!). http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=R&Product_Code=1778-50&Category_Code=GP
    the recording of these are disappointing.... the printing on these are outstanding!
    [​IMG]
    you can't really appreciate the look and feel of these babies! Here is it's scan:
    [​IMG]
    like I said... these babies look great but there is definitely something wrong with the outer edge of my TYG03s WaterShields. And it seems to be on most of the spindle of 50! You can actually see a ring of shading that is not apparent on other Taiyo Yuden disks!

and here is another TYG03 scan (this is not a WaterShield disk!):
    [​IMG]

I guess I'm spoiled because my YUDEN000T02s come out like this one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess when I get a new burner maybe then I'll get these same scans with TYG02s or TYG03s. Untill then I'll booktype my +Rs and enjoy the burning of these Taiyo Yudens.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

@IHoe,
    If you see a visable "mark" on the WaterShed's then I think you should send them in for exchange or refund. I agree with aabbccdd that the TYG03's produce a "good" product at worst and should on almost any burner that will do a 16X disc. :) He uses a Plextor, I use a Pioneer DVR-112L, Lite-On LH-18A1P, and a BENQ DW-1650 and for me the Pioneer probably burns the best all the way around. It scans similarly to the BENQ which is impressive for a Pioneer, they're not known for scanning. :)

If you decide to buy another drive I would look at the Pioneer with one of the Buffalo f/w's in lue of the stock stuff. In case you don't know the Buffalo f/w will book type a DVD+R to DVD-ROM in the Pioneer drives. :)

JM2C on the discs and possible new drive. ;-)

.....gm

edit:
    @IHoe,
    I was thinking you might try "shrinking" the image even further and see what results you get. I think that something at or below the 4 GiB point would be good. Something to try if you decide to keep the discs. :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  15. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@greensman........ I bought the WaterShield Taiyo Yudens just for sh_ts and giggles. I have no plans of buying another burner till these crap out. I run on the philosophy "if it's not broke, don't fix it." So buying a new burner is not necessary. And, as you can see from my scans, the TYGOs are not as good as the YUDEN000s which I stockpiled a load of them! Anyway...... I was just wanted to try the watershield ones out.... they are only 50 on a spool, so not such a big deal.... and I hope that as I use them maybe it was only a few of the top disks that were not up to par for Taiyo Yuden. I'm keeping them and tomorrow I will burn another 10 of them or so and test them out again. The verdict is still not conclusive yet!

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

guess i dont need TY's when i can get scores like this out of the 16x+r Verbs perfection.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    I completely agree and if you use more Verbs that leaves more TY's for me. hehehe. No, j/k buddy. I've said it at least once and some other more knowledgeable members have too. What ever your system likes and produces the best product with use that and don't ask any questions , well not very many questions. lol.

I would prefer that my system uses one of these brands/manufacturers: Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim (MCC 003, MCC 004), Ritek, Ridata, Maxell (MIJ), Ricoh and maybe one or two more but the 1st 2 for sure. :)

For instance my system really likes the TY (YUDEN T02) and performs fairly well with the TYG02 and TYG03. It also does pretty well with the Verbatim MCC 003 and MCC 004.

BUT to add I've run almost everything that you could imagine thru this system and it does OK with most of the discs that I thro at it. I had some FUJIFILM 03's I think and I had to give them away to a friend and his system did way better than mine with them. I've also run some TDK 003's thru it and they do better than the FUJIFILM's but not as good as the TY's. No real surprise there. :) btw don't tell creaky that I've used some of the TDK's. LOL. TOO LATE. hehehe.

Sorry Rob just putting M2C in here.

BTW VERY nice scan there buddy!!!! Hey the best thing about your system liking those Verb's is they are on sale almost every week somewhere. :) Get them close to home and not having to worry about S&H or anything. If you decide to get some online you might check with Mort81, he knows all the sales for Verb's. :)

....gm

18. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

here is an update to the one I first posted about the WaterShield 16x DVD-R Taiyo Yuden (TYGO3s):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see the scans are better than the first ones and I think it was just the first 3 or so disks that had imperfections near the outer edge of the disks.... you can see that other disks didn't have the imperfections that the first ones did! And the glossy inkjet hub printables look great and is actually photo print quality. It dries soooooo fast that you can actually take it right from the printer to the burner and start burning immediately! The quality of the printing on the label compared to thermal printing! I love it! I just wish they did the WaterShield in the DVD+R format. I hope they will eventually.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  19. greensman

greensman Regular member

@IHoe,
    Got a question. Have you tried burning the image first then printing to the disc? If so what are the results? Just curious if there would be any differences in QS. :) JM2C mixed in there. ;-)

.....gm

20. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

in all my experiences the printing on the disk before or after the burning doesn't matter! I have been printing my disks both way (before and after) and still I get great scans! The only difference that I see was when I opened up the 50 spindle WaterShield disks and found some visual defects for the first 3 or so disks on top of the spindle and I got this result:
    [​IMG]
    and this movie plays just fine in my players!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.