1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

FRIDAY the 13TH my favorite day of the month (when it comes along)
    heres a scan from a movie the disc fairy sent me.LMAO

[​IMG]

heres a disc from the disc fairy...lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  2. docTY

docTY Regular member

@cincyrob

awwwwww...u actually remembered! LOL

@ihoe

sorry, not gonna happen, i've had countless "99" QS in my lifetime, but NEVER have i ever seen a 100 :) (be it my own backup or someone else's anywhere in the forums online, AD/CD Freaks/digital digest/etc.) we can only get "close" to perfection as told/interpreted by our drives & Nero, but for an "absolutely perfect" burn to occur, meaning, perfected optimal conditions where EVERYTHING in the process was "right on the money" at the time, is highly HIGHLY unlikely....

if someone could prove me a scan with a 100 score with NO PHOTOSHOP-ping involved in any way shape or form (i am more than capable of verify'in the authenticity of a photo online to see if it's been altered in any way, given i'm sent the file/picture directly...and the disc in question would have to be "repeatable" ie. obtaining another 100 score each and every time scanned, i'd be willing to give them my 4ghz custom water cooled Core 2 duo system! how's that for a reward? the "ultimate" in what is considered by today's standards "about as high-end as you can get" lol

@loco

thanks for the welcome, but i only drop by here and there to say hello, cincyrob and greensman are doing a nice job "picking up where i left off" :) my services/knowledge are no longer needed and my "job" has been completed.

it's nice to know you "remember me" from ages past, a heavy contributor i no longer am, we all eventually move on with our online lives and i have reached the end of my journey~ :)

good evening to you all, very good points made by the members here.

the "newbie" Doc~ :)

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Great to see you again Doc.
    your system is safe, I'm sure that eventually Cincyrob is going to score a 100%....once, but when you rescan a disk a while later, you'll get a different score. I don't think anyone will ever scan a disk twice and get a perfect score.
    Just out of curiosity, could you provide the link or info how to scan a photo to check for any photoshopping? (Not sure if this is a word..yet)

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I very much doubt you'll be able to get a program to check for "photoshopping" (it should be a word ;-P)

However, if you look at the image, in pixels, then you'll be able to tell I should think, unless they know what they're doing with PS.

When you re-save the image, you compress the layers of the PSD (photoshop file) into a new, single layer image...

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Ripper,
    found this, so they are close.
    Fake Photo

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Nice find, Blivet. Very interesting. People are going to have great fun with this :p

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@cincyrob

awwwwww...u actually remembered! LOL

my services/knowledge are no longer needed and my "job" has been completed.

good evening to you all, very good points made by the members here.

the "newbie" Doc~ :)

OH hell I've tried to remember everything you have told me Ken.
    there has been alot of info you have sent my way and i thank you.as far as your services/knowledge no longer needed, that is far from the truth. i myself can listen to what you have to say about this stuff allday long. you can never take in to much information...

@BlivetNC

thanks for the vote of confidence, but the only way i could get close to a 100 is to co to cali and get doc's system then take it to NC and get your photoshoping skills and work over a scan...lol

as a matter of fact. just did this for a friend maybe we can take it to the photoshopping school of BlivetNC

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

OK, so it's not really hard to give you a 100 score...

[​IMG]

I even changed the peaks just incase it looked out of place for a 100. Of course, i don't know what a 100 would look like, so I can't edit it accordingly, but yeah, that's the general idea. :p

Edit: I didn't change the numbers on the PIF errors or whatever they are, but as I said, you get the drift.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

pretty cool there Ripper now if i only got that for real...lol as for what a real 100 would look like you would need to take out all the PIF's and change the numbers from 2 and 20 and make them say 0 and 0...

heck ive scaned orignal disc(movies) and some of my backups get better scores than the orignal disc.

10. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

a 100 would have like 0 PIF errors and probably very few PIE errors.

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Who could forget all the knowledge and contribution made by Kivory666...the job is never done here, so don't be a stranger. You know that you are always welcome.

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

docTY you should be really close to junior member huh?

and LOCOENG playing golf now? with the Titleist sig

no scans for me the Taiyo Yudens are playing back fine so thats good enough for me

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now that's funny!!!!! docTY a junior member. LOL..

And would we call what LOCO does with a golf club, GOLF??? hehehe, j/k my friend. I haven't play in 12 weeks so it's gonna be nasty when I do decide to shake off the dust and rust. ;-)

@cincyrob,
    OOooooooooo!! You scanning the Cable Guy for a friend?? Must be a good friend then. hehehe.

@docTY,
    I'm with ALL that replied, you are never done and we really appreciate your contributions here and every where you decide to impart wisdom. As Rob said we all try to take in what you say but sometimes in the past you've given us so much that we have to go back for a reminder or better yet have the "MASTER" visit for a piece of much needed WISDOM. ;-) HEck docTY (newbie) I'd take one of your "OLD" puters, if you need my home addy just PM me and I'll gladly give it to you. HEHEHE!!!!

@Ripper,
    Your skills are pretty good buddy with PS. :p To make the "image" of Nero more believable with a 100 score you should take the PIE's down to under 10,000 then take the PIF's to 0 and definitely be sure record to the edge of the disc. Oh and be sure to change the "jitter test" to around 7.0 average and a high of 8.0. Now with all that said you also have to change the graphs to indicate the same "numbers". LOL. Lots of work even for a PS CS2 genius. BUT who wouldn't do all that just for a shot at docTY's BAD A$$ PUTER. hehehe.

.....gm

BTW nice scan there cincyrob!!!!!!!! since this is the scan thread........ROFL!!!

14. docTY

docTY Regular member

@ everyone LOL!

uh oh, look at what i've started here...big ole' photoshop(ping) debate...btw, i don't know if that is a real word, it sounded "right" when i decided to type it last nite~ :)

anyways, as to determining the authenticity of a "doctored" picture (no pun intended), i have what you guys call a "photoshop genius" working for me in my business, he's just a guy in my IT dept. that has mastered pretty much every aspect of professional Adobe systems INC. products (he teaches Photoshop CS2/CS3 "classes" at a local college for extra money as well as trains employees at large corporations on the software...he's "Adobe certified" from what i know about him) :) a very bright guy on all accounts and MY personal "go to" guy when it involves Adobe software~

i wasn't trying to imply that I PERSONALLY knew how to determine authenticity by my last post, i have a decent handle on Adobe CS2 and even tried CS3, but am VERY far from being considered "good" at it. i'm an amateur "photoshopper" at best~ i think that's why i made my "reward" a little more difficult to attain, the "proof" alone and my prerequisites are high enough that it basically eliminates 90% of the people who try~ :) a "catch-22" of sorts!

besides, if someone were to actually PROVE my little "challenge" to me, i'd be more than happy to give them my latest current PC project in hopes that i could hire him/her as an employee for my business~ :) i know sometimes that the untapped "geniuses" out there need a little incentive to "work" for a person, i would think that a computer worth approx. $6,000 (component-wise by TODAY's standards) if bought from Alienware, Overdrive PC, or any other custom high end PC builder would be enough to at least spark their interest~ :) i always keep an eye out for "hidden gems" among the masses, they are out there, it's just difficult to find them~ LOL

@ripper

that's a pretty good start, but as the others have said, PIF's would have to be ZERO and the numbers and associated graphs would have to indicate as such across the board, but ya got the right idea! you have the potential to work for me in the future, if you so desire LOL.

@ all

thanks everyone for the kind words, perhaps i'll become a "junior member" soon. LOL that really is funny when you stop to think of it.

@aabbccdd

i might be picking up a Plextor PX-716SA very soon, just to see how the SATA drives perform (i know the 716a that you have multiple units of are considered one of the best Plextors out there, it'll be interesting to see how it's SATA counterpart performs) i still have my eyes on the newest Pioneer SATA optical as well, but until i know there is a buffalo equivalent firmware readily available, i will wait... :)

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah, I can tel a good scan from a bad one but had no idea how to photoshop in a 100 like scan onto the graph, lol! I too, am by no means a photoshop guru, merely someone that can get his way round all the tools pretty well. :)

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

look at the newest, oldest Junior Member....lol

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok go ahead and make my day...
    [​IMG]

not a bad rip from a old scratched dvd...

18. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I posted this in the DVD+- forum as well so I will probably get canned for double posting. I always use Verbatim, DVDs and CDs...how robbed do I feel about these so called Verbatims (exactly same packaging as my DVDs) finding out who actually makes them

Can anyone beat a 5??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A score of 5!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Gwendolin I'm sure that no one will say anything about your double post and if they do, OH WELL!!! LOL. Yeh I've been lucky enough to not get any of those. hehehe. I normally just get the OD brand which are Ritek's and they aren't to bad. :) I still have some of the Fuji MIJ CDR's left which are TY and they are pretty good but no surprises there. :)

IF you need some more CDR's you might try the Sony's. I've had good luck with them but I think it's a crap shoot with them as well, as with any media nowa days. LOL. I will say this, the major brands have been pretty good to me, you know Maxell, Sony, Fuji, and even TDK cdr's. Good luck in your CDR hunt. ;-)

.....gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@gwen

i ahve heard and seen for myself that the verbatim cd-r's will be CMC MAG, and yea that is pretty crappy. but from what i have read about cd-r's all the brands no matter who they are are just about on the same level. its not as technical as the dvd r's. though your score does look bad. your last on the scan disc checcking for crc's is great, thats the playback, if it has any bad sectors when reading for playback. i dont do alot of cd-r scans but when i do them i only do the scan disc if its all green i dont worry about anything else..

hope that give ya some info ya didnt allready know....

edit to add more....

as far as which brand to use. i think you would be fine with anything that isnt to far out there. any major brand name and maybe some of the retail brands. office depot/ office max ect.... myself i have just gotten not to long ago about 150 of the office depot printable cd-r's they code out as ritek. and they burn great

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.