1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i dont know to much about DL's but i dont think they should have that high of average on the second layer.i know theyget the spike at the breal but i dont hink they should stay so high.. there is alot of spike in all the burns, if ya take out those spike they would be awsome scans... i take it they all play fine. thats the main thing there

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

redid scan on both discs. i got the good one to finish
    [​IMG]
    the bad one froze or was moving so slow i stopped it pretty much same spot.
    [​IMG]
    to sum it all up that why i could not back up dvd.

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here a scan of a short movie for my son. on a TYG03.

[​IMG]

@born2ride

now thats what its supose to look like.. and that second one it stoped cause is was to bad and wasnt able to read the disc anymore

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres something odd.. im i the middle of a burn actually at 51% im useing a MIJ maxell 8x+r hub printable.it stops burning and ejects the disc then re inserts the disc and starts burning again???im useing my trusty anydvd and clonedvd2 as far as i know the thing is burning from where it left off???i'll find out when its done.. ill post the scan of itif its playable

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Here's another DL scan:

[​IMG]

If anyone knows how to reduce the spikes in the second layer, I'd appreciate knowing how. The spikes occur with 3 dif. burners (Sony DRU-800a, Benq DW1655, Lite-On LH-20A) on 2 dif. comps, with 2 or 3 types/speeds of media, mainly Ritek and Verbatum (sure wish TY would come out with some DLs!) I don't have any scans of the Verbs now, I'll track one down & see what I get.

On a different matter, I was given some Imation +Rs by my brother for a project and thinking they were going to be crap (he has know idea of what good media is) but wanting to know how bad, I scanned them and they coded out as RICOHJPNs! Score!

6. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@cincyrob

I've encountered the eject & reload in a middle of a burn also, but mine was with Nero 6. If I remember correctly, always ended up with a coaster. Never figured out why it happened.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@hobbit

yup thats what i got now a nice coaster good thing im haven company over i can get some use out of it..lol

ive never seen that happen before.. it kicked out then tray went back in and started to burn again it did its thing went to 100% said it was done and kicked out like it normally does... put it in nero disc check and nothing was there very odd????

8. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I suspected my media at the time I encountered the cycling of the tray. I scanned my comp just incase I had gotten a virus but came up clean. I seem to remember having this occur several times, not necessarily in a row, with media from the same cake box.

I just remembered that I also had recently flashed my firmware for my drive (Benq) and flashed it back to the older firmware. I have since taken it back up to the BCIB. The problem seemed to go away when I reverted back to the older firmware, but I also seem to remember I started using a new cake box of media too.

9. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@cincyrob

You were right about the peaks after the layer break on DLs. Here's a scan of an older burn which also happens to be on a Verb.

[​IMG]

BTW, this was burned on my Benq DW1655.

As you can see, the frequency and height of the peaks are fairly uniform before and after the break.

As I said earlier, I am now getting the higher peaks after the layer break on 2 comps with 3 burners. Could it be the new manufacturing process for the DLs?

BTW, is there a setting in Drive Speed for the drive used for burning to always show? I just noticed that some of my scans say "Burned with..." and some don't.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

some drives show what dirve was use to burn and some dont.. my 2 liteons show it from time to time i dont know why it shows it some times and others it dont.

tha verb dl looks awsome.. guess thats why verbs are the best DL's there is. i know they are costly but you get what ya pay for.

with that disc that kicked out on me. ive havent done anything different to my system that has been the same for the last year.

heres another scan on a 16x+r verb,, this 18x liteon just loves these disc..

[​IMG]

the quality score isnt really important to me much any more its the PIF's and how few of them there are.. well i dont want 1 spike to 20 dont get me wrong there...lol but my last 3 or 4 burns no the 16x+r verbs i havent had a pif total over 50...very sweet.. still shooing for UNJUST2U's 6 pifs... thats as close to the perfect disc docTY was talking about i think i will ever see...

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    Why would you ever buy anything but 16X DVD+R Verbs?? Really!! not joking here those are some GREAT scans my friend and I envy them. hehehe.

Another link to Nero CD/DVD Speed just in case ya'll need it. :) Official site........;-)

.....gm

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres another on the 16x+r verb not as good as the others ive just done but still a good scan.

[​IMG]

very low PIE's on this one gotta be one o fth elowest i have had with a movie this long less than 7000

14. mybarras

mybarras Member

ok gents your thoughts on this scan please,bearing in mind i burnt this at 16x:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  15. greensman

greensman Regular member

I don't see anything wrong with the scan....Does it not play or something??

The only thing that I would try is the new Nero CD/DVD Speed. :) Link to that........ It gives you the jitter if you use a Lite-on drive at 8x or lower with the test and on the BENQ of course at any speed if I remember right. :)

hth..........

....gm

edit: you got it mate........;-)

16. mybarras

mybarras Member

why no picture grrrrrrrrrrrrrr,someone tell where im going wrong ???

no dvd plays fine,just wanted some expert eyes on it since i burnt it at 16x,just wanted some views:)

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

What did you do when you posted the direct link to the pic??

Check out my post it seems to work....;-)

....gm

OOOps I see, try using lower case letters. Just edit and change the IMG to img......that should work. :)

edit: you gotta get rid of the [​IMG] too......;-)

18. mybarras

mybarras Member

thank you greensman ;)like i said it plays fine,i always burn at 16x,i know i should slow it down but hey,with new firmware and media is getting better by the day,plus cant remember last time i had a coaster,what i will do burn a disc at 4x and see if i can get those pie's down abit

19. mybarras

mybarras Member

ok greensman m8 here is my jitter scan good or bad???thanks for the link to update dvd speed m8:)

[​IMG]

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

mybarras,
    YOu might just go down to 8X and see what that does for you. I've had mixed results on the MCC 004 at 8X or 12X. Now cincyrob or Mort81 get some GREAT results on the MCC 004 at 8X. :)

I'm curious to see what the results are when you slow it down to 8X. The PIE's might come down but the PIF's should drop in half. Give it a go and see what you get. ;-)

...gm

edit: for the jitter test it's not bad but the Peak seems a little high to me. I like the peak to reach no higher than 10.0 if possible. Do the test again with the new software and use the Disc Quality tab for the test. This will scan the disc and do a jitter at the same time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.