1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

hobbit if you haven't already you should d/l C0deKing's patch for that drive. :) It enables fastburn and some other features. link

hth........

.....gm

edit:
    Had to add this for the RITEK fans. LOL. Decided to try something to see if these discs would perform somewhere near my standards. :p Recorded on a LH-18A1P at 4X and scanned with a SHW-160P6S at 8X.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@gm

Got the patch d/l already (that was the first thing I did) but waiting to put the drive thru it's paces with the stock f/w first, just to see what it can do on its own. ;P

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@blivetNC
    yea my reds arent doing to well right now, but they are still the greatest team ever to step on the feild. and JR will hit 600 by years end.

as for the 2 drives the LH-18A1P and the SHW-160P6S. to be honest with the newest F/W for the 18x Drive there is nothing at all it cant do. i have no problems with any media at all granted i havent tried alot of different Types but have run some of the crappy stuff in it and have had some pretty good results out of it, But will they be ok a year or 2 from now? time will tell.
    ive been useing both drive to rip and burn with. I think i am getting a better result from ripping with the SHW-160 and burning with the LH-18A1P, but i do use them both in either way with no problems at all.
    i would recomend the 18x drive to anyone that is wanting a new drive. just as long as you have the newest F/W GLOH.
    i do know too that the LH-18 does rip faster, and has been able to rip dammaged disc easier than the SHW-160.
    i guess in short i wouldnt trade either one of them. they work great together for me..

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

heres a dvd that is about two and a half years old. still scans good

[​IMG]

a good reason to use TY media

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

heres a dvd that is about two and a half years old. still scans good

[​IMG]

a good reason to use TY media

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Had to add this one for the SHW-160P6S fans. :p

Recorded with the SHW-160P6S at 6X and scanned with the LH-18A1P. NOT to bad for these discs but I want you to look at the f/w. :) PS0C!!!
    [​IMG]

f/w L@@K....link just in case you want to try the PS0C f/w... :D
    [​IMG]

....gm

@hobbit,
    How's that "new" drive doing?

Michael looks like the TYG03's hold up well over time, like that's a surprise. ;)

cincy you try any of that "patched" f/w yet or you gonna stick with the stock stuff? :)

edit: to add link for PS0C f/w...... :O

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Greensman, Just flashed the drive and I'll let you know how it works.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

blivet I hope it works out for you. :)

recorded with the SHW-160P6S at 8X and scanned with it too. :)
    [​IMG]

Again not to bad for these discs. What combo is working for these discs if you use them? I have plenty of TY's and Verb's but these are my "give-a-ways" and I want them to perform up to the best standards possible. ;)

...gm

edit: add scan from burn with LH-18A1P at 8X and scanned with LH-18A1P too.
    [​IMG]
    I don't think the LH-18A1P likes these discs. :p Gonna try some different settings and stuff to see if these things will do ok in the LH-18A1P. ;)

9. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

heres another older flick. one of the GREATEST movies ever SE7EN

[​IMG]

10. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

I'm feeling restless so I decided to burn/scan a DVD.

Burned at 8x with ImgBurn (first time I've used it)

[​IMG]

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

What do you think about it? LOL. IMGBURN is one of the best if not the best DVD burning engine that I've ever used.

I think that's a great scan for a BENQ. 99 with PIF's at 250 is dang good!! I would think the PIE's would be a little lower being a YUDEN T02 but still good none the less. :) Did you burn it on the BENQ?

I would like to see that disc scanned on a Lite-on to see what it came out to. I would guess very close to a 98.

Just in case you don't know (or others) the BENQ and Lite-on drives use different "strategies" for "scanning" discs. The Pioneer uses the same strategy as the BENQ to my knowledge as well. ;P

post some scans later.... :)

....gm

edit: PIE's on being lower not PIF's.... ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  12. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@gm

Just didn't feel like setting up the external so I took a chance with the Matshita with this one, 4X burn w/ImgBurn:

[​IMG]

I was pleasanty surprised.

Burned this on the internal Litey LH-20A1H @ 2.4x w/ImgBurn:

[​IMG]

Not too shabby & good layer-break transition too. Gotta love them Verbs.

I think CDSpeed is biased against dl disks, 1 PIF peak @4 & 1 @3 and knocks this score down to a 90. Oh, well, as long as it plays!

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just reading that link about the PSOC F/W. seems to me its is just about speed. allowing you to burn at faster speeds up to 16x for media with lower ratings. 4x,6x,8x ect....didnt see where it really had anything to do with helping with reading any media any different than it does now. Pretty hard to better itself from what it has/does with the PSOB F/W.

@greensman
    no i havent tried any of the patched F/W yet. since the GLOH came out i havent had a problem one with that drive. think im gonna stick with the stock myself.i dont really burn anything that fast on a regular basis, other than just playing around now and then. then i can just turn on the over burn in smartburn and burn at 18x. lol heck its only a minute diffenece even when i do that..will have a scan here real soon. think i will burn and scan with the SHW-160P6S

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres Torque redone on My SHW-160 burnt and scaned on it ripped with the LH-18A1P. not that good of a scan but once again the original im pulling this from isnt in the best of shape...

[​IMG]

15. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Been messing around with Burn speeds with my Litey LH-20A1H : (FW-LL0A)

this one burned at 4X
    [​IMG]

this one at 8X
    [​IMG]

this one at 12X
    [​IMG]

Edit, this one a 16X
    [​IMG]

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

[​IMG] First burn with the new firmware, once again the norm for Sony MIT disks.

17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Burned a few with this new media, at least for me. ;)

Disk copy on the fly with Nero, scan drive the "lovely" Matshita, target burner the external LH-20A1H, @ 8x:

[​IMG]

Here's another, same set-up, same burn speed:

[​IMG]

I've got another one on the scanner right now burnt @ 12x. Looks like 8x is the "sweet spot" with this media on my Litey.

edited to add 12s scan.

Here's the scan of the 12x burn, same set-up as before:

[​IMG]

BTW, Is anyone else experiencing with CD-DVD Speed vers. 4.7.7.0 the scan results clearing when you close the summary (and before you can same an image of the results)?

18. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

Not that I needed to scan it on my Lite-On to tell you the score, but here ya go. I think my highest QS on my Lite-On was 96.

[​IMG]

19. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@RUINS

Still a great burn & scan RUINS, nice disk!

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@300Bowler
    those are some nice scans all of them.very low PIE's and PIF"s thats what i like to see on everything if possible...lol

@BlivetNC
    not to bad for the MIT sony's i would say it plays fine dont it?
    did you mess with the burn speed any?speed it up? with the new FW, PSOC
    ive been looking at the Lite-on site and they arent even showing a update for that/our drive. still the same PSOB from back in 2006.
    think im gonna wait to see what others say about this FW before i try it out.

@Hobbit
    yes ive noticed that also with the clearing of the results before you can save it. i just thought i goofed up and clicked the start button. id say also that the 8x speed is the best for your drive with that media

@RUINS
    not a bad scan at all. i myself have that drive along with alot of others here. i see you still have the PSOA firmware there is 2 other updates out for that drive PSOB is what i have on mine. the PSOC just came out, havent tried it yet. id say do the update for that drive and you might see some 98 scores.. i have had about 3 of them on the SHW-160P6S. and endless 95's on it..

@docTY
    if your out there buddy i got your pm today...yea havent checked my pm box. lol

ok im bout out of wind here time to let someone else talk...i dont know how you do it doc....lmao

ps..Binkie7 have you tried the new PSOC F/W yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.