1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep!! I've only lost one good scan but that REALLY upsets me when it happens. :p Going back to the "older" version until they get that fixed. ;)

Howdy Rob!! :p

@blivet,
    I get similar results on the MIT Sony media. :-| I'll post some results later. :)

...gm

ON the PS0C f/w, I'm getting "good" results with it but haven't really pushed the drive to see if the "speed" burning has improved. :p

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres a copy of premontion full disc kept everything other than the warnings...lol burnt on a 16x+r hub printable TY. gonna see if the if they scan different after being printed on. going to print on it now ill wait till tonight to scan it again after ink drys.

[​IMG]

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

instea of waiting for the scan tonight. i just rescaned Torque after i printed on it a few days ago. the first scan is of before i printed on it the second is after i printed on it and watched it..

BEFORE PRINTING
    [​IMG]

AFTER PRINTING
    [​IMG]

same scores to the match. but higher PIE's and PIF's almost double PIF's. now is that from printing on it or being watched or just the fact of the scanning process????

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm gonna say a combo of everything you said. :) Did you check to see if the disc had some "foreign" objects on it, ie. dust, fingerprints, and so on? I think you got a good product even tho the "original" was less than desirable if I remember right. Maybe someone else can comment on the printing process and if that truly affects the "QS" on the scan. :p

...chass

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@cincyrob
    Nope haven't tried it - think should I? I mainly burn at 8x and the ripping's pretty already.
    Any advantages?

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

no the disc was clean i made sure of that before i scaned it. as far as playback its flawless. i didnt notice anything wrong with it when i watched it. and the original was boooogggggered up a bit but i got a good rip from it..(used the LH-18A1P) to rip it.
    im not complaingin about the burn you know like the rest of you guys we want it to be a perfect scan every time..lmao

@Binkie7
    kinda looking at it like you are not sure if i want to change it or not theres no real improvement in it other than being able to burn the lower rated speeds faster...kinda hard ot make something that god better...lol

7. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@cincyrob

I decided to do the before & after printing comparison too.

This is before printing:

[​IMG]

This is after printing:

[​IMG]

As you can see, my PIFs tripled while PIEs, Max's and Averages stayed about the same.

BTW, the After Printing is the 3rd try for a scan. The first was complete but cleared itself before I could save, the 2nd had a major PIF spike in it @ about 2.2 gig and a quality rating of 70.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

It doesn't seem like the "degradation" is anything to worry about. :p I would just like to be able to print to a disc. We can't right now but in a couple of months I might be hunting down one of those disc printer thingies. LOL. :p Be back later with some stuff to look at.

Hobbit how you liking those Ricoh's? ;)

...gm

9. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

10. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Speaking of those Ricohs, here's 1 I just finished burning & scanning:p

[​IMG]

I dropped back to the "sweet spot" of 8X on this one. Too bad the PIFs are kinda high.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

12. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Good eyes Cincy! I skipped over it because I didn't see that it printed to cds/dvds immediately.

FYI, you might want to scope out if you can get generic ink refills for these printers. Having to get genuine Epson ink would get expensive @ $16 a cartridge (takes 6).

Yep, they're available. Just checked Meritline and they have a six-pack of High Capacity compatables @ $26.95.

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Cincyrob,
    I googled the firmware update and found it of all places,, the HP website. They used this burner as standard equipment for soe of their computers. I rarely burn over 12X, and only seldom burn at 16X,(just for experimentation) so I don't know if it overburns.

14. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Here's another Ricoh burned a little differently.

This is a Nero7 disk copy (the others were burned via Shrink), 8x.

[​IMG]

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BLivetNC

i just noticed something... how come your not a addict???? good god of all people you should be...

that HP site has some good stuff there if ya know where to look. alot of it is hidden it seems..lol.. what i read about the PSOC at cd freaks its main fnction, is to allow you to burn the lower speed media at higher speeds.. like 4x @6x-----8x @ 12x ect.. also works with the DL disc..

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Don't post that much Rob. Job and Preggy wife keep me busy, decorating the baby's room etc. I may make addict in another year, then I'll change my name to be a Newbie again.

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO..... PREGGY WIFE....lmao again thats 3 right???? CONGRATS

yea its off topic sorry

18. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

heres a bad scan,
    TDK(MID=TTH02) 16X -R burned @4X with a pioneerDVR-A08
    luckily was able to rip it to the HDD, and not go through the whole backup process again.
    [​IMG]

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@300bowler

try burning those TDK16-r's @8x or 12x. i bet you get better scans and score.

just what i have found out with the tdk media.. the burn better at a little higher speed

20. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Reds lose tonight bro. sorry!! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.