1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

WOW, Michael have a little heart. OH!! you do by saying something like that. hehehe. :p

Ok a few scans as promised. Been working to much and too hard this week. At 45 hours for the week and still 2 days left. YUCK!!!!

Little quicky from last night. :p Nigtmare before Christmas for the kiddies. :) not bad and the LH-18A1P seems to really like these R03's now. :D
    [​IMG]
    Seraphim Falls on a RITEK R05 recorded on a Pioneer DVR-112L, A 95 QS but the PIF total is high.
    [​IMG]
    Same image but with a RITEK R03 and recorded on a Pioneer DVR-112L
    [​IMG]

The Pioneer likes the RITEK R03's a little better too. I guess the support for the R05 isn't quite there yet or I haven't found what the media likes yet. LOL.

hobbit,
    How you liking that NEW 20X LIte-on? I'm curious about them and thinking about installing one in my next build later this year. :D OH and a Pioneer too. hehehe.

...gm

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@gm,

I like them, I've 2 of the LH-20A1Hs now (1 internal, 1 external)and the only thing about them is that I don't think they're as good as the 18s out there. Total PIFs seems higher on comparable media with other drives and it seems to take 2-3 disks before the drives figure out new media. They also seem to prefer +R media over -R. They DON'T seem to like 8x media. I ran a couple of MCC 02RG20 (-R 8x Verbs) through the external LH-20 last night and got a couple of 70's.

Here's a scan:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the LH-18A1P is starting to learn these 16x+r hub printable TYs. this is the 4th one burnt in that drive and by far the best.

wow that means i still have 46 of them left out of that cake box..lol

[​IMG]

very nice numbers on PIE's and PIF's

cant wait till some good movies, more than 1 come out to get these disc relly going in this drive.

edit to add

oh thanks Micheal...lol just rub it in more...lol as i told BlivetNC, they are still the greatest team ever......and that is a none bought team too.. never has been never will be...lol

@greensman
    those ritek disc are the ritek brand or a diffenernt manufacture s stamp on them?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@cincyRob
    thanks for the tip but i stopped buying TDK awhile ago, nothing but Verbs and TY's for me now.
    Here is a TY 8x disc burned@ 8X

compared to the verbs this TY has a lot more PIE's
    [​IMG]
    also going to scan this after i print on it

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Notice how quickly he gets rid of the Reds guy. Show me the money, starting to sound like a Yankmee fan.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO

too funny BlivetNC... yea im dangling that out there for A'Rod try and steal him from George....

@300bowler
    ive noticed also with the 8x TY's that i have done i have had a higher Total PIF's than the verbs but the spike has been lower in the TY's say i would have a total of 450 PIFs and a spike of 2 on the TY's but i would have a total of 180 PIF's and a spike of 3 or 4 with the verbs

im not complaining about either.. cant go wrong with those 2 at all

7. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

The first two are some scans with the updated PSOC firmware. All of the discs burned at max, as I normally do, one was burned using ImgBurn, I've gone back to PSO9.

16x Sony MIT
    [​IMG]

8x Sony MIJ
    [​IMG]

16x Verb PSO9
    [​IMG]

I also decided to try a scan with DVDInfoPro
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Okay Ruins, I'll bite, why PSO9 firmware vs PSOC or PSOB?

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

RUINS,
    How did the MCC 004 perform with the PS0C f/w? You showed us 3 different discs but NOT one done with the PS09 and the PS0C for comparison. :)

Here's a few scans of "high speed" burns for comparison and inspection of the LH-18A1P burning at 16X and 18X. ;)
    goonies, first burn on this image at 18X
    [​IMG]
    goonies, second burn for this image at 16X, wanted to make sure I wasn't getting funny readings
    [​IMG]
    IMGBURN capture to show 5:56 total burning time with about 38 second lead-in time on 16X burn
    [​IMG]
    last mimzy 16X
    [​IMG]

I think that this f/w change is making a difference for me in just more than different media but "higher" speed burning. I've never worried about burning at higher speeds but this media seems to like the 16X and 12X range fairly well. I've only done a couple at 12X but it does pretty well I think. ;)

...gm

10. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

I wasn't looking to hook anything, I've just always had better results with PSO9, PSOA is good as well.

Heres the MCC004, was looking very good until the end.
    [​IMG]

11. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

well, finally got around to scanning the printed dvd
    Heres before
    [​IMG]
    heres after
    [​IMG]

@Hobbit,
    Did your Litey's come with LL0B firmware or did you upgrade?
    i see they have a LL0C out now, don't know if i'm going flash a newer one yet, i'm liking how my verbs and TY's are burning.

12. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

If it ain't broke don't fix it huh 300bowler lol

my latest scan

[​IMG]

still getting some weird spikes at the end of the disc

13. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@Bowler

I have an internal LH-20A1H which came with LL05? I have the flashes for the upgrades to LL06 & up (to LLOB). Hadn't heard of the LLOC(is it CK's?). Lite-Ons website lists a new f/w that came out on 7-13 but the link is to LL06.

Yep, CK has the stock upgrade on his website and the enhanced version is available @ CDFreaks.

My external is listed separately on Lite-on's website for firmware as LH-20A1HX and no upgrades are listed. It came with LLOA. I thought they took the same firmware???

@MichaelP1,

Try a scan @ 4x and see if some of the peaks go away.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Michael,
    Out of curiosity you might try giving the Plexy a good canned air experience. ;) A lens cleaning might might be in order too. What does a disc scan like when recorded with the BENQ? I hate to even mention it but there could be something to the 1000's of discs burned in the Plexy. YOu know the Plexy's can where out some time. :p

hobbit,
    I'm not sure, but I think it doesn't matter what the f/w goes to as long as the unit is flashed with the proper f/w. Someone (binkie7, MOrt81, Lp531, cincy) add to or correct my thinking here. :) What f/w do you have in each of your Lite-ons? Try different ones to see what happens. You can always flash back to the older f/w version. I've done it many times. :)

btw I went back to 4.7.5.0 cd/dvd speed. The newer version was really pissing me off with the "auto clear" function.

....gm

15. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

I'm burning one now with the BenQ , i will scan it here in a few and post it.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Did some tinkering around and for my system 12X works with IMGBURN and Nero (when recording from TS folders). IMGBURN does well with 16X and Nero does very poorly. There is one disc recorded at 18X that didn't make the grade.
    16X but I was doing some serious surfing and messing around
    [​IMG]
    12x with Nero, L@@KS good to me. :)
    [​IMG]
    16X from TS folders, nice until the end. :p
    [​IMG]
    18X of goonies, forgot this is where I switched back to 4.7.5.0 cause it wiped out my scan. gggrrrrrrrr....
    [​IMG]
    Gonna do some more tweeking and see what happens.

....gm

17. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

heres the BenQ burning at 4x and scanned at 4x (for some reason theres not an option to burn at 6x with the BenQ)

[​IMG]

18. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@ Michael,

I agree with Greensman, I'd give the Plexy a canned air experience along with a lens cleaning. I'd give your Benq the same treatment, I don't like either the spikes or the total PIFs on those TYs.

@ gm,

I have LLOA in the external Litey, LLOB in my internal. So far, the LLOA in the external is burning atleast as good as the internal with LLOB if not better(of course its a year newer too). I got "smart" with the new drive and backed up the original eeprom before I decide to do anything! I also went back to the 4.7.5.0 scan.

Here's a few I did over the weekend.

Here's a Ritek DL I did on the internal Litey:

[​IMG]

And here's a couple of data disks (mainly 1 large mpeg on each) on verb DLs I did on my Benq 1655:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Michael,
    YOu might also try burning the disc at 8X. :) As you know TY media is very good quality and I've had VERY good luck burning 8X media at 8X. ;) I've had mixed results burning the 16X stuff at 16X but it seems the RITEK R05 media burns best at 12X. NOW take into consideration I've only burned about 60-70 discs so far. :p

Hobbit,
    I'm on the same page if "it ain't broke don't fix it". lol. Smart move backing up the eeprom btw.

...gm

20. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

a couple of new scans from today.

Heres a TY burned @12x w/Imgburn:

[​IMG]

Heres a Verb DL burned @ 2.4x w/ImgBurn:

[​IMG]

Hmm, just looked at this one, not too shabby for a DL if I say so myself!

BTW, The jitter test errors out at the layer break.

@ gm,

Sometimes the smart ideas do come to the top before it's too late! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.