1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pot tweak help!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by kite188, May 1, 2007.

1. kite188

kite188 Member

As the topic says, i need help tweaking my gamecube pot, if you are kind enough to help me that is. Well im basically really frustrated, i have opened my gamecube today due to this DRE on tales of symphonia driving me crazy. It wont get past this one part. I am using a xenoGC modchip and a cen-tech digital multimeter to measure the pot, at the 2000 setting. I have tried everything from 250 to 140 it seems that when its higher than 220, the game wont get past the gamecube screen, when its below 160 the game wont get past the developer screens. It also seems that ranging from 180-210 i can get past the part i originally couldnt before i opened my cube, but right after the battle i get a DRE, no exceptions. And when it from 180 to 160 it keeps on getting stuck at the same part i did before i opened my gamecube. Could anyone be kind enough to help me please? Im really frustrated, ive been doing this for 3 hours straight and yet I cant pass that part. P.S if it matters im using Taiyo Yudens and i burned the game at a speed of 4x (or was it 2x??)thanks alot and in advance.

2. kite188

kite188 Member

EDIT: Surprisinly, i decided to clean the lens again(which i had decided to clean right when i installed the chip. It let me get past the part i couldnt, but now im back to the beggining and after a few dialogue i try to get past this room and i get the DRE again, i try to backtrack to save right after the dialogue and another dre.....

3. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

Next time you get a black screen DRE try opening the lid then closing it again. Most of the time it will skip the error part, and get back to the game. I've reburnt a few of my discs and it helped.