1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Calibration Error in Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by crag364, May 7, 2004.

1. johnoppa

johnoppa Member

I just ran into this thread and I thought I'd add that I was getting the same problem with my yamaha cd burner. I took one of those air dusters and sprayed into the tray and after that it was 100% again =D

2. een

een Member

Well guys......what shoul i say? i HAD the same problem with the power calibration.But with my benq i finaly succeed to solve that problem.After many hours of searching and useless information i tried by myself cleaning the laser beam. Have to be verry carefully! you can damage the lens.Yes is a hardware problem. Do this:eek:pen yor cd-rom,locate the lens,after cleaning with a swab pick a glass cleaning lotion and spray without fear inside the lens holder so the cleaning solution can enter behind the lens where the beam comes up. Actualy a bath.A LOT!!! behind the lens is a small screw who will adjust your beam.(i do it but not recommended) After you have dryed the lens verry verry good with a ventilator (hot air not so close ) put your cd-rom inside your comp. Works great for me. I repeat that that small screw is the ultimate hope.
    this procedure works great also on my Aiwa mini sistem :) who refused to read from cd's.
    good luck and burn!

3. een

een Member

uh....another thing. If u are not sure.....go to a service or buy another burner.the procedure above is not conventional but it works .The dust enter behind the lens also and the cleaning lotion is not leaving any trace after drying.That's the small secret.Do not attept to wipe behind :) you'll see that's immpossible.Just dry!

4. jonnyboyc

jonnyboyc Member

**SOLUTION**

I have a Yamaha 20x10x40x burner and was getting the same error... to fix this all I did was open the door and blow air into it a few times.. put in a new CD-R and it burned ok..

don't know if this will work for everybody but worked for me

~jon

5. mbjb

mbjb Member

A lot of the problems associated with dust i'm sure are caused by the fans in the PC case.

The front fan sucks in air and all the dust collected by this fan contaminates the components and there is a fair chance that some of this can get inside the dvd/cd writer drive.

So what do you do - use fans to keep the pc cool at the risk of getting dust everywhere or not use fans at the risk of everything getting too hot?

hmmm

6. manemzjum

manemzjum Member

i also have had this problem recently for the first time ever only happened when i bought datawrite yellow dvds i usualy use the datawrite red but i get ca;ibration error constantly with yellow disks on the pioneer a-105 so it has to be bad media that cause's the problem