1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Calibration Errors

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Nephilim, Jul 7, 2004.

1. funny_guy

funny_guy Member

ii was doing stimulation of a image using nero....everything starts well..but it stops at 5 % and then freezes until i quit the stimualtion and ,,,the disc make gentle screeching noise inside..then ebverything becomes normal..i am always stucjed at 5%..plz help me...i use this dvd rw so preciously..i burn only..wen i have work..

2. roryoss

roryoss Member

@ waffleman

After reading your cure which you will be able to tell i didn't completely understand!! Your not talking about the PC having its own dedicated outlet and not on a shared power strip are you???

If not then how do you tell if its own its on rail and not shared??????????

I have AIDA32 which identifies about everything on my computer but I'm at a loss as to what your talking about!!

3. funny_guy

funny_guy Member

i replaced the sony dru 710 A dvd rw with creative cd rw...

everything works fine...i burned cds..and neroo software operating system everything is fine..and the operation was sucessful

i re installed the dvd rw once again..and stimulated the cd..the Power Calibration Errors once again arises..i think the fault is wit the dvd recorder..all the media r fine..i feel dust is the main factor ...i bought this dvd rw 2 years back...i need to give it to techinician and make him to clean the internal parts ..it burns sumtimes..and sumtimes it doesnt burn showing the p c e error !

if the dvd rw is defective..then i wont buy any sony products..i shud have taken lg

4. waffleman

waffleman Member

My fix is all inside the computer, nothing external with the power although working with computers for as long as I have, please have a good power bar to prevent your computer from getting toasted from a power surge.

I believe this will help all the users out there with Power Calibration errors, I will try to be detailed for everyone.

Here goes, the components inside your computer has a plug for power,on the back of HD's and DVD burners.. along with your ide or sata cable.

Now take note, from the dvd burner, the power cable goes back into the power supply unit in the computer. This is a rail, now if your rail has more than one extension on it like you can plug in 2 drives for power say, a hard drive and a dvd burner.. most of them will have 2 or 3.. NOW TO MAKE MY POINT..SO PAY ATTENTION CLASS :p you need to have one of these power sets of wires only go to the dvd burner, hence, there are no other drives using that particular string of power (rail) so the power cords coming out of the inside of the power supply are kinda seperated on average power supplies.. if you get a good one they are wrapped individually so you know there are 4 rails of power or 5 and so on..

so to simplify... try to figure out if you can get one power plug on the back of the drive plugged in and not share that string with any other drive. (although I am sharing with 1 fan) thats it.

and for all those users who have a 200-250w power supply.. spend the 45 bucks and get at least a 450-500.. it will make a big difference in the performance of your internal components.

Here is the one I am using, and remember I did have this power calibration error before i did this fix. You don't need this power supply but because it is big it has several different rails to use so you are not looking for power hook ups.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...cz_gamexstream_power_supply-nvidia_sli_ready_

If you need any better explanation than I could provide here feel free to email me, this took me several weeks to figure out, and I would hate to have people spend as much time researching this as I had to.. feel free to e-mail me **REMOVED**

I am also using really cheap media.. but i did also make sure my firmware was up to date.

Hope I could help

Waffleman!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

email address removed, Forum Rules are in my sig.

your post reads VERY much like another poster we had here (it may well be a coincidence, apologies if you're not one and the same poster as i'm thinking of, no apologies if you are the same person), right down to the cheap media part. Either way i'm not going to get drawn into the nonsensical arguments about needing stupidly large power supplies (unless some people have stupidly large graphics cards etc). I have something like 10 PC's, all of which are less than 200w power supplies and my burners are just dandy. And that's as much as i'm saying as this argument will go nowhere apart from in circles

6. waffleman

waffleman Member

If you took the time to read my posting, i reccomended more power because not everyone buys a 200w true power power supply, I have only posted on here once, and it was to help people out with this error, it worked for me and I wanted to share it with people, you didn't seem to complain at people that were saying run out and buy better media or a better DVD writer so why can't I suggest a better power supply, I thought this was a free forum to help people out with there computer issues, I appologise for putting my e-mail address but people were confused at my description and I thought I could send them some pics of what I did, there was no harm intended. But being that I got bitched at after the first time I posted something on here I will most likely take my knowledge elsewhere..

I hope someone will read previously what I wrote and try it out, and fix their problem, rather then spending money on better media or a new dvd burner.

thanks.

Waffleman!

7. roryoss

roryoss Member

Well i will check the wiring tomorrow but is there anywhere to check the Power supply thru something like device manager or Aida~~ As far as the Media I loaded up on Verbatim and steered away from Memorex From all the talk on here, But the Memorex never failed and about 2/3rds of the verbatims are pixelized and useless~ Maybe just a bad batch of Verbatims and I hope the rest are better!!These were burned on my Plextor not My Nec 2510< power calibration error burner>

Dont want you to do anything illegal Waffleman, i remember the first part but what about after the @

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@roryoss - don't encourage email addresses on the public forums, just PM (private message) the guy. But as you'll see, i'm not trying to push him off the forums

- i did/do take the time, i lurk on too many threads, most of which i don't even reply to.

- if you're not the poster i'm referring to, then welcome to the Forum (sorry but that person was a real pain). Unfortunately people can sign up here over and over, so it's easy for people to appear new to the forums

- you'll find that i am a staunch advocate of drilling down into the root cause of a problem, if all avenues have been exhausted i would then recommend better media, and if that failed, then maybe a new burner (let's face it, burners are stupidly cheap now) (to be fair so are some power supplies). Of course you can suggest people buy a new power supply.

- it is indeed a free forum to help, i wouldn't want you to do otherwise. No problem about the email address, we just don't allow them on these (very) public forums. You're welcome to attach pics to your posts, or to just put links to pics

- you're not being bitched at, i just regard kettle-sized power supplies as a short-term fix for the majority when it's probably just a dying burner. But you're entitled to your fix nonetheless

- that's fine, people are entitled to try it out, maybe it will help for some people and that's great if it does

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  9. roryoss

roryoss Member

@ creaky
    sorry just didnt realize you could PM on here...It's just I've been working on this problem for almost 3 yrs/ check posts <july 04> and I've blown it out, cleaned w/dvd lens cleaner,changed firmware <3 times>,changed media and speeds,and tinkered with every setting and different burning programs,with no results!And since i only used it for cd's it was just a frustration as i use my Plextor for dvds!But for Now IT WORKS!

@ Waffleman

THANKS SO MUCH
    Replaced one plug from the power supply which was shared with the Image Writer or DVD ROM with a plug which appears to be shared with the Plextor but It WORKS!! Burned the first DVD in almost 3 years @ 6x with the NEC!! Now if the Plextor has no bugs It was a simple fix which took less than 1 minute!!!!!!!!
    Thanks again Waffleman , I can't believe the problem was sitting there staring me in the face everytime i took the cover off ,for 3 years and took that little time to fix!!
    If you are having problems this is the first place I would look, not dust,media or firmware!! WOW

10. waffleman

waffleman Member

No problem glad I could be of some assistance. I hope more people on this thread try this cause it's easy to try and see if it works, with out spending any money! & to creaky the moderator, I am not who you think I was.. just a friendly neighborhood nerd trying to help people out so..

Peace!

WM

11. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

probelm solved!! for now

i tried everthing :
    -update firware...nothing
    -i followed the steps to change the settings to disabled...nothing
    -i change the memory ram...worked for a while
    -i was going to take the drive out and clean the dust but was too much for me so i did it as "booondox" said ..since my pc its on the floor i put my head down and my ass up and blowed as hard as i could inside the drive and guess what .....it worked !!!!
    so after like 15 tries and 15 calibration errors now i have my first dvd burned again......thanks booondox.

12. memoryic

memoryic Member

Hello everybody,
    I wellcome the commynity since it's my first post here.

I own an Acer laptop (aspire 2000) that comes with a matshita UJ-815A DVD-RAM (-R capable). From the first time I 've used me brand new laptop I found peculiar incompatibilities with media branches. For example I could not write any TDK -R
    Three years now I 'm using "PRINCO 4X" and printable, no name disks with no problem. Recently I 've started run out of disks. Unfortunatelly I can't find the same disk I used before. I bought "Planet media 8x -R", "creation 8x -R", and "maxell 8x -R". Trying all three vendors, my nero (6.6.0.14) end up with "Power calibration error". I include a the partial error log. My dvd drive is not faulty since when I 'm using the good old "no name" dvds ( I have only few left) I got 100% success.

9:43:06 &#960;&#956; #19 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2470
    Start write address at LBA 0
    DVD high compatibility mode: Yes
    9:43:06 &#960;&#956; #20 Text 0 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 8821
    ---- DVD Structure: Physical Format Information (00h) ----
    Layer: 0, Address: 0 (0 h), AGID: 0; Length: 2050
    Book Type: DVD-R (2), Part Version: 5
    Disc Size: 120 mm, Maximum Rate: <not specified> (F h)
    Number of Layers: 1, Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP), Layer Type: recordable
    Linear Density: 0,267 um/bit, Track Density: 0,74 um/track
    Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 30000 h (DVD-ROM, DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW)
    End Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 30000 h
    End Sector Number in Layer 0: 0 h (LBN: FFFD0000 h, 4193920 MB)
    Data in Burst Cutting Area (BCA) does not exist
    Start sector number of the current Border-Out: 0 h
    Start sector number of the next Border-In: 0 h
    Media Specific [16..63]:
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

9:43:24 &#960;&#956; #21 SCSI -1106 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1436
    SCSI Exec, HA 2, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x037C0000
    HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
    TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
    Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
    Sense Code: 0x73
    Sense Qual: 0x03
    CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00
    Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0A
    0x00 0x00 0x03 0x07 0x73 0x03

9:43:24 &#960;&#956; #22 CDR -1106 File Writer.cpp, Line 311
    Power calibration error
    9:43:24 &#960;&#956; #23 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 228
    all writers idle, stopping conversion
    9:43:27 &#960;&#956; #24 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 222
    conversion idle, stopping reader

I 've read that because the drive is older than the media used, there might be a possible media detection error. I have been advised for a firmware upgrade. My original firmware was 102D. I 've asked matshita-panasonic for an update they directed me to my laptop vendor (acer) since this is an oem product. Acer do not have and firmware and direct me to panasonic. (Hey I 'm looped here). I was so desparate that I 've tryed ver.101 I found on forum.rpc1.org The upgrade was succesful but the problem remains. It's a shame that I could not get any support from the vendors. I don't want any crack/patch/region free or illeagal stuff neither to copy moovies. I just want to keep using my lovely laptop and make sure I can find empty disks for my file-backups. Anybodys help or suggestion would be thrully appreciated.

P.S. Please excuse my poor english, but I am a greek girl and English is not my native language. Sorry for the long message.

13. iiigoiii

iiigoiii Member

just wanted to add again to this thread, that one of the most common reasons for a power calibration error is a dirty lens.

as has been mentioned here already, you might not even need to take your drive apart - just open the drive, aim the tube from a can of electronics dust-off stuff in the drive, and blast away a bit.

14. memoryic

memoryic Member

I still have the problem mentioned before. Come on guys, any ideas...??

***pleese***

15. vajdcpa

vajdcpa Member

Have read all the posts concerning power calibration errors and I have to say...I'm about beat.

So far,I have flashed the latest firmware onto my drive, updated my Nero to the latest version for my release, tried two different kinds of media Sony and Arita (both of which were burning just fine a week ago), checked my settings, did the drive-door duster blow-out and ran the Maxell lens cleaner for 40 seconds.

Suffice to say, I'm at wits end. I have attached the latest(failed to)burn log - in a last ditch effort to find a solution. I'd hate to think my drive is toes up already - It's only a year old - and was working great until now !

Any help would be appreciated.

********** Nero Recode 2 **********

Version: 2.2.6.17

Tom

Project type: Copy entire DVD
    Target size: DVD5 (2282925)

18:55:06 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 56
    Command table patching started...

18:55:06 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 101
    VTS 1 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 7 patched!

18:55:06 File CmdTableAllocator.cpp, Line 60
    *********** DVDStructuresGenerator Error **********

==> Invalid address!

D:\Source\Stone\Nero\DVDVideoStructures\DVDVideo\Generator\VTSIGeneratorImpl.cpp

line: 122

VTS 1 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 8 patched!

VTS 1 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 9 patched!

18:55:06 File CmdTableAllocator.cpp, Line 60

==> Invalid address!

D:\Source\Stone\Nero\DVDVideoStructures\DVDVideo\Generator\VTSIGeneratorImpl.cpp

18:55:07 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 101
    VTS 1 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

18:55:07 File CmdTableAllocator.cpp, Line 60

==> Invalid address!

VTS 1 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 2 patched!

18:55:07 File CmdTableAllocator.cpp, Line 60

==> Invalid address!

VTS 2 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 3 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 3 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 2 patched!

VTS 4 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 4 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 2 patched!

VTS 4 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 3 patched!

VTS 5 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 7 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 8 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 8 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 2 patched!

18:55:07 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 133
    All tables successfully patched!

Burn settings:
    Target: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
    Number of copies: 1
    Write speed: 5540 KB/s
    Temp folder: C:\Temp (7606292480 bytes free)
    Direct burning: false
    Target media: DVD R/RW, DVD DL, DVD-RAM
    Shutdown when finished: false
    Advanced Analysis: true
    Compress Adaptive: true

18:55:15 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 231
    Compile DVD: init

VMG Menus Vobs [126 vobus] 1.59MB -> 1.04MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 0.78MB, extra: 0.26MB
    Audio: 0 streams
    Subpicture: 1 streams
    0. 0. Unspecified 0.01MB [enabled]

VTS_01 Menus Vobs [677 vobus] 108.86MB -> 70.28MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 60.58MB, extra: 9.70MB
    Audio: 1 streams
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch Unspecified 8.01MB [enabled]
    Subpicture: 1 streams
    0. 0. Unspecified 0.36MB [enabled]

VTS_01 Title Vobs [13181 vobus] 5325.25MB -> 3265.72MB [R 0.46]
    Video: 2862.55MB, extra: 403.17MB
    Audio: 3 streams
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 5.1-ch English 374.10MB [enabled]
    1. 1. Dolby Digital 5.1-ch Spanish 321.24MB [disabled]
    2. 2. Dolby Digital 5.1-ch French 321.24MB [disabled]
    Subpicture: 3 streams
    0. 0. English 3.33MB [enabled]
    1. 1. Spanish 2.99MB [disabled]
    2. 2. French 3.19MB [disabled]

VTS_02 Title Vobs [528 vobus] 161.27MB -> 76.79MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 69.80MB, extra: 6.99MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 5.96MB [enabled]
    Subpicture: 0 streams

VTS_03 Title Vobs [1926 vobus] 578.11MB -> 306.96MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 279.64MB, extra: 27.32MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 22.72MB [enabled]
    0. 0. English 0.84MB [enabled]
    1. 1. Spanish 0.62MB [disabled]
    2. 2. French 0.62MB [disabled]

VTS_04 Title Vobs [3837 vobus] 1155.68MB -> 593.61MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 540.13MB, extra: 53.49MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 43.72MB [enabled]
    0. 0. English 2.28MB [enabled]
    1. 1. Spanish 1.83MB [disabled]
    2. 2. French 2.05MB [disabled]

VTS_05 Title Vobs [855 vobus] 222.17MB -> 127.14MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 116.30MB, extra: 10.83MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 8.95MB [enabled]
    0. 0. English 0.21MB [enabled]
    1. 1. Spanish 0.21MB [disabled]
    2. 2. French 0.31MB [disabled]

VTS_06 Title Vobs [6 vobus] 0.02MB -> 0.02MB [not compressable]
    Video: 0.01MB, extra: 0.01MB
    Audio: 0 streams

VTS_07 Title Vobs [48 vobus] 16.96MB -> 8.45MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 7.11MB, extra: 1.34MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 5.1-ch English 1.25MB [enabled]

VTS_08 Title Vobs [60 vobus] 20.18MB -> 8.32MB [R 0.00]
    Video: 7.67MB, extra: 0.65MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 0.53MB [enabled]

18:55:15 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1152
    Compile DVD: begin copy 1

18:55:15 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 488
    Writing to disc: DVD+R

18:55:15 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 502
    Free capacity on disc: 2283061 sectors (2295104)

18:55:16 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 684
    Compile DVD: begin deep analysis

19:10:54 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 754
    Compile DVD: analysis changed size 4458.82MB -> 4404.06MB

19:10:54 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 656
    Compile DVD: adjust target size to 4458.82MB (4458.82MB obtained)

19:10:54 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 479
    Compile DVD: burning 2283061 sectors (2282917 required)

19:10:54 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 656
    Compile DVD: adjust target size to 4459.10MB (4459.10MB obtained)

19:10:54 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 524
    Compiling DVD Volume started

19:10:56 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VMG Menus Vobs

VMG Menus Vobs:
    Original 1.59MB -> Expected 1.05MB -> Output 1.05MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 113
    Slide encoded = 13
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 0.26MB
    Source video size = 1.33MB
    Pictures Modified [I 118] [P 0] [B 0]

19:12:05 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_01 Menus Vobs

VTS_01 Menus Vobs:
    Original 108.86MB -> Expected 70.88MB -> Output 70.89MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 332
    Original encoded = 336
    Slide encoded = 9
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 9.15MB
    Source video size = 99.71MB
    Pictures Modified [I 697] [P 1928] [B 2547]

19:28:06 File NeroRecorder.cpp, Line 593
    Added extra file VTS_01_2.VOB

19:43:02 File NeroRecorder.cpp, Line 593
    Added extra file VTS_01_3.VOB

19:56:47 File NeroRecorder.cpp, Line 593
    Added extra file VTS_01_4.VOB

19:57:37 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_01 Title Vobs

VTS_01 Title Vobs:
    Original 5325.25MB -> Expected 3272.00MB -> Output 3271.99MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 13148
    Original encoded = 33
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 397.25MB
    Source video size = 4291.91MB
    Pictures Modified [I 14277] [P 67930] [B 78187]

19:59:55 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_02 Title Vobs

VTS_02 Title Vobs:
    Original 161.27MB -> Expected 74.50MB -> Output 74.50MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 521
    Original encoded = 6
    Slide encoded = 1
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 7.38MB
    Source video size = 153.89MB
    Pictures Modified [I 665] [P 2981] [B 3118]

20:09:06 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_03 Title Vobs

VTS_03 Title Vobs:
    Original 578.11MB -> Expected 295.36MB -> Output 295.36MB
    Finished error 0.01MB
    Ratio encoded = 1920
    Original encoded = 5
    Slide encoded = 1
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 27.66MB
    Source video size = 547.98MB
    Pictures Modified [I 2072] [P 14712] [B 12140]

20:25:42 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_04 Title Vobs

VTS_04 Title Vobs:
    Original 1155.68MB -> Expected 616.58MB -> Output 616.58MB
    Finished error 0.01MB
    Ratio encoded = 3826
    Original encoded = 10
    Slide encoded = 1
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 55.52MB
    Source video size = 1095.06MB
    Pictures Modified [I 4134] [P 27030] [B 26644]

20:28:38 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_05 Title Vobs

VTS_05 Title Vobs:
    Original 222.17MB -> Expected 110.48MB -> Output 110.47MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 849
    Original encoded = 5
    Slide encoded = 1
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 10.46MB
    Source video size = 210.72MB
    Pictures Modified [I 918] [P 4607] [B 5074]

20:28:39 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_06 Title Vobs

VTS_06 Title Vobs:
    Original 0.02MB -> Expected 0.02MB -> Output 0.02MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 5
    Slide encoded = 1
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 0.01MB
    Source video size = 0.01MB
    Pictures Modified [I 6] [P 0] [B 0]

20:28:47 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_07 Title Vobs

VTS_07 Title Vobs:
    Original 16.96MB -> Expected 8.91MB -> Output 8.91MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 44
    Original encoded = 4
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 1.34MB
    Source video size = 15.62MB
    Pictures Modified [I 44] [P 177] [B 420]

20:28:58 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_08 Title Vobs

VTS_08 Title Vobs:
    Original 20.18MB -> Expected 8.83MB -> Output 8.83MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 57
    Original encoded = 3
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 0.63MB
    Source video size = 19.54MB
    Pictures Modified [I 61] [P 223] [B 525]

20:28:58 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 547
    Compile DVD: completed successfuly (4459.10MB)

20:28:58 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 1096
    Burning 31 files with total size of 4675706880 bytes on hard disk

20:28:58 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1152
    Compile DVD: begin copy 1

Windows XP 5.1

IA32

WinAspi: -

ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 11/2/2004 1:54:32 PM

NT-SPTI used

Nero API version: 6.6.1.15

Using interface version: 6.6.0.9

Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\

Application: Ahead\Nero Recode
    Internal Version: 6, 6, 1, 15

Recorder: <LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H> Version: LL06 - HA 1 TA 1 - 6.6.1.15

Adapter driver: <IDE> HA 1

Drive buffer : 2048kB

Bus Type : via Inquiry data (1) -> ATAPI, detected: ?

Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr : 1

Drive is autodetected - recorder class: Std. MMC recorder

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===

DiskPeripheral : IC35L060AVV207-0 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On

CdRomPeripheral : LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

CdRomPeripheral : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H atapi Port 1 ID 1 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===

LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 D: CDRom0

LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H E: CDRom1

=======================

AutoRun : 1

Excluded drive IDs:

WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte

ShowDrvBufStat : 0

BUFE : 0

Physical memory : 1022MB (1047024kB)

Free physical memory: 601MB (615924kB)

Memory in use : 41

Uncached PFiles: 0x0

Use Inquiry : 1

Global Bus Type: default (0)

Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI

8:28:58 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

DVD-Video files reallocation started

8:28:59 PM #2 Phase 114 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

DVD-Video files reallocation completed (no file modified)

8:28:59 PM #3 Phase 111 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

DVD-Video files sorted

8:28:59 PM #4 Text 0 File SCSIPTICommands.cpp, Line 403

LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL

8:28:59 PM #5 ISO9660GEN -11 File geniso.cpp, Line 3312

First writeable address = 0 (0x00000000)

8:28:59 PM #6 ISO9660GEN -11 File geniso.cpp, Line 3312

First writeable address = 0 (0x00000000)

8:28:59 PM #7 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3316

Turn on Disc-At-Once, using DVD media

8:28:59 PM #8 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 281

Last possible write address on media: 2295103 (510:01.28, 4482MB)

Last address to be written: 2283631 (507:28.31, 4460MB)

8:28:59 PM #9 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 293

Write in overburning mode: NO (enabled: CD)

8:28:59 PM #10 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2616

Recorder: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H, Media type: DVD+R

Disc Manufacturer ID: SONY, Media Type ID: D21, Product revision number: 0

Disc Application Code: 0, Extended Information Indicators: 7

8:28:59 PM #11 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 459

>>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<

=========================================

8:28:59 PM #12 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 814

Setup items (after recorder preparation)

0: TRM_DATA_MODE1 ()

2 indices, index0 (150) not provided

original disc pos #0 + 2283632 (2283632) = #2283632/507:28.32

relocatable, disc pos for caching/writing not required/ required

-> TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048, config 0, wanted index0 0 blocks, length 2283632 blocks [LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H ]

--------------------------------------------------------------

8:28:59 PM #13 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1013

Prepare recorder [LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H] for write in CUE-sheet-DAO

DAO infos:

==========

MCN: ""

TOCType: 0x00; Session Closed, disc fixated

Tracks 1 to 1:

1: TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048/0x00, FilePos 0 0 4676878336, ISRC ""

DAO layout:

===========

__Start_|____Track_|_Idx_|_CtrlAdr_|_RecDep__________

0 | lead-in | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00

0 | 1 | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00

0 | 1 | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

2283632 | lead-out | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

8:28:59 PM #14 Text 0 File SCSIPTICommands.cpp, Line 208

SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL_LOCK_VOLUME

8:28:59 PM #15 Phase 24 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

Caching of files started

8:28:59 PM #16 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 4158

Cache writing successful.

8:28:59 PM #17 Phase 25 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

Caching of files completed

8:28:59 PM #18 Phase 36 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

Burn process started at 4x (5,540 KB/s)

8:28:59 PM #19 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 2717

Verifying disc position of item 0 (relocatable, disc pos, no patch infos, orig at #0): write at #0

8:29:00 PM #20 Text 0 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 8737

---- DVD Structure: Physical Format Information (00h) ----

Media Type: 0, Layer: 0, Address: 0 (0 h), AGID: 0; Length: 2050

Book Type: DVD+R (10), Part Version: 1.0x (1)

Disc Size: 120 mm, Maximum Rate: <not specified> (F h)

Number of Layers: 1, Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP), Layer Type: recordable

Linear Density: 0,267 um/bit, Track Density: 0,74 um/track

Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 30000 h (DVD-ROM, DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW)

End Physical Sector Number of Data Area: 26053F h

End Sector Number in Layer 0: 0 h (LBN: FFFD0000 h, 4193920 MB)

Data in Burst Cutting Area (BCA) does not exist

Disc Application Code: 0 / 0 h

Extended Information indicators: 7 h

Disc Manufacturer ID: SONY....

Media type ID: D21

Product revision number: 0

Number of Physical format information bytes in use in ADIP up to byte 63: 56

Media Specific [16..63]:

00 00 07 53 4F 4E 59 00 - 00 00 00 44 32 31 00 38 ...SONY....D21.8

23 54 37 14 00 28 6E 00 - 80 69 17 19 0C 0C 0A 0B #T7..(n..i......

01 19 1B 0B 0B 0E 0F 01 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

8:29:00 PM #21 Text 0 File DVDPlusRW.cpp, Line 666

Start write address at LBA 0

DVD high compatibility mode: Yes

8:29:16 PM #22 SPTI -1106 File SCSIPassThrough.cpp, Line 178

CdRom1: SCSIStatus(x02) WinError(0) NeroError(-1106)

Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)

Sense Code: 0x73

Sense Qual: 0x03

CDB Data: 0x2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00

Sense Area: 0x70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 73 03

Buffer x22050040: Len x10000

0x00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

8:29:16 PM #23 CDR -1106 File Writer.cpp, Line 281

Power calibration error

E: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H

8:29:16 PM #24 Phase 127 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

Generating DVD high compatibility borders

8:29:16 PM #25 Phase 129 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

Generating DVD borders completed successfully

8:29:16 PM #26 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275

Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/s)

8:29:16 PM #27 Text 0 File SCSIPTICommands.cpp, Line 253

SPTIDismountVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME

8:29:19 PM #28 Text 0 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 9945

DriveLocker: UnLockVolume completed

8:29:19 PM #29 Text 0 File SCSIPTICommands.cpp, Line 403

UnLockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL

Existing drivers:

File 'Drivers\ADPU160M.SYS': Ver=v3.60a (Lab01_N(johnstra).010529-2218), size=101888 bytes, created 8/17/2001 1:07:32 PM

File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created 10/4/2006 8:42:42 PM

File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.41a, size=36560 bytes, created 9/27/2006 3:53:22 PM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

File 'Drivers\InCDfs.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 23, 2, size=102016 bytes, created 3/23/2006 5:15:58 PM (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)

File 'Drivers\InCDpass.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 23, 2, size=29440 bytes, created 3/23/2006 5:15:56 PM (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)

File 'Drivers\InCDrec.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 23, 2, size=8704 bytes, created 3/23/2006 5:00:28 PM (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)

Registry Keys:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

20:29:20 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 906
    Burn failed (3)

20:29:20 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 301
    Compile DVD: exit

16. Troy138

Troy138 Member

Alright HERE IT GOES! lol

I'm totally new to this, computers so aren't my thing. But how ever they are fun and i enjoy them, it's just to bad i don't understand them.

ANYWAYS!

the problem is, My bruner just stopped working... don't know what happened...and the closest thing to an explanation i could find was it said it was a "power calibration error e:lite-on dvdrw lh-20a1h"

So i searched the web hoping to find an anewser!

Which leads me to here. I have tried the many different solutions, tried Madmurdocs way...nothing..i even tried down loading numerous image burners and an program called final burner.. i think thats the name.

I don't know if that really explains my problem, but like i said i don't know jack about computers... so any help would be most appreciated, i will try anything.

Oh it has been this way for months, but i really like trying to figure out the problem on my own, it helps me to understand my computer a little bit more.

17. vajdcpa

vajdcpa Member

Troy,

I got mine up and running again - and life has been sweet ever since.

Hit the customer service department email and explain what happened. It seems you and I had the same error - on the same drive. They will send you a link to the newest firmware update (it's not easy to find on the website - I think I may have flashed the worng version when I went looking on my own).

Anyway, flash the update from the link they send you - and you should be good to go. I've not has a problem since.
    It took about three days for them to get back to me - so be patient. And, when you get the URL - post it here for others to find !

18. varnull

varnull Guest

Theres one thing that puzzles me with all of this..

I have been using a nec 3550a drive now for 3 years.. never flashed the firmware, never touched it..

It will burn on all disks, never errors, never throws any kind of errors whatsoever.. Now the odd bit..

I was forced to loan it to a customer for a few weeks while he was waiting for a different drive from the nasty samsung18x thing he bought..
    It was throwing focus servo and power calibration errors on every 4th or 5th disk.. I know there was nothing wrong with the disks, because I supplied those too.

Back on it's home linux machine it behaved flawlessly, and the pioneer 112d that was fitted in the customers xp ****heap is already messing about.. that also works perfectly on all 5 of my *nix machines..but plays up on the lodgers xp machine too..

There is something more to this than dust or wear and tear.. I think the stability of the OS may have something to do with it also..

and a fan is probably the worst possible thing to have sharing a power rail with a burner.. they can be electrically noisy as hell.. I would power any case fans from a cheap universal power supply instead of the pc psu any day because of the spikes they throw down the rails.

just my $0.02

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  19. plzshutup

plzshutup Member

to nephilim,
    can you plz help me out on how to upgrade my firmware?? the link u gave doesnt work... i checked out http://www.sonynec-optiarc.eu/en/support-service/downloads/fw_dvd-writer-ad-series.html... the original sony firmware updates are up for download but i dont know which file to download!!! is it the AD 7170 P-ATA or the AD 7170 S-ATA?? how do i check that? my DVD drive is "SONY DVD RW AW-G170A".. that is all i know from device manager... how do i check whether the firmware needed is the P-ATA or S-ATA?? plz help me out... thank you

20. waffleman

waffleman Member

Just reposting for people who have't tried this cause it does work!!