1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power ISO help needed

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by BigCol, Dec 7, 2007.

1. BigCol

BigCol Member

I am trying to make a bootable cd rom. the orginal file is a DAA file and I am using Power ISO. I have opened the file in Power ISO but I wantg to burn it as a bootable cd rom. The trouble is that once I have saved it as an iso file, it becomes too big for a cd rom. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction of a tutorial???

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

DAA file is a format for an CD/DVD image file (ISO image), which supports some advanced features, such as compression, password protection, and splitting to multiple volumes (similar to .RAR and other compression formats).
    Direct Access Archive, or DAA file, is a proprietary file format for disk image files which supports advanced features such as compression, password protection, and splitting to multiple volumes. It can be handled directly just like other formats, such as an ISO image and BIN, but is currently only usable by PowerISO software. Popular disk image mounting programs such as Alcohol 120% and DAEMON Tools currently do not support the mounting of DAA images.

Currently there is no information about the format available in order to program third party implementation to read or write DAA format. Binary-only applications for Windows & Linux (limited version) are available from PowerISO.

Advantages of DAA file format:
    - Can be mounted directly like an ISO or BIN file
    - Allows for compression saving space and making it easier to download
    - Can be password protected
    - Can be split into multiple smaller files

Disadvantages of DAA file format:
    - Can only be mounted with PowerISO (Windows only)
    - As a proprietary format, it cannot be read by any free application (e.g. AcetoneISO uses PowerISO binary-only application to achieve conversion of DAA)

-tripplite