1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power light on laptop goes on immediately

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bobo28, Jul 3, 2014.

1. bobo28

bobo28 Member

i have an asus k53e laptop and i just tried to reinstall windows 7 everything was ok until it rebooted all i saw was the power light on next to the power button but the laptop is not on so i removed the battery and charger and plugged them back in and as soon as i connected the ac charger the power light blinks once then stays on but the laptop won't turn on. I reseated the ram and the hard drive but still the same,does anyone know what this could indicate? Thanks for any help

2. ajms1989

ajms1989 Member

How much older is the laptop you are using?? Instead of connecting battery, try starting your laptop directly from the power supply and see if everything seems fine.

If none of the above works, consider booting using the Windows installation disc again and install a fresh copy of Windows one more time. I strongly suspect that the installation isn't accurate.

Good luck though!!

3. john179

john179 Active member

You could also check all your Bios setting to make sure all is as it should be might help

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

john, if nothing shows on the screen at all then can't get into the bios. it is like trying to turn the light in your bedroom on but the bulb died so no light.

5. john179

john179 Active member

Sorry miss read apologies

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

If the power light is on, Did it start up but maybe NO video? huh maybe... might try plugging in another monitor to see if you can see.