1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power light on pc not working

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by AmiNutall, Dec 21, 2012.

1. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Hi all. I have a HP Pavillion Slimline S5653 . There is a light that goes around the top edge of the front of the tower , and also lights up the power button on top of the base unit.

This has sudennly now stop working. The pc is still working fine. Its a little bit of a cosmetic niceity , as well as knowing if the pc is on standby or Ive not switched it on !

Any clues please ?

This is a link to my model http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=4325582&query=00359-OEM-8992687-00010&tool=&

Thanks in advance.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

open it up & trace the wire(s) to those locations to see if disconnected. also possible the led(s) also burnt out tho haven't seen that yet.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It is probably a fault with the wiring. This diagram was on your PC's motherboard spec page, and I've circled where you should find the other end of the LED wire:

[​IMG]

It'll look something like this:

[​IMG]

4. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Many thanks for taking the time to reply guys . Especially fir the photos Ripper.

I will open up the patient during the xmas holidays and let you know what I find !

Happy xmas to you all .