1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Outage

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DBSOgre, Sep 28, 2004.

1. DBSOgre

DBSOgre Member

Hey everybody. I have a Magnavox DVD recorder hooked up to my TV, and I have been recording a TV show on to DVD for a couple days now. I had 5 hours worth of shows on there, and I was recording the last one when the power flickered and the DVD recorder shut down. I turned it back on, and the DVD recorder said "Disc has unknown content. Press OK to open tray." It seems like the disc is ruined now, but is there ANY way to fix it or at least get the other 5 hours off of the disc and onto my computer to remake the DVD? I've got CloneDVD, DVD Shrink, Nero, and 1 or 2 other applications. Is there a computer application I can use to override that error message and get into the file listings for the DVD? You can tell it's almost full of information looking at it. Thanks for any help.

Adam Richey

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well more than likely it's a coaster. Try putting it in your computer and just open it with explorer. If you can rescue the .vobs then you can probably save it. I don't know of any program that can specificaly do what you need. Maybe someone else does.