1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power supply

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by gera229, Nov 1, 2008.

1. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Ide go with gigabyte it might be have better performance but same speeds. Sam read this>>>>>>> thanks my budget went lower than it was. yea im sorry I did reask questions. I mean different way though so i made sure u understood them. but anyways thanks.

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Dude, who are you recommending this to? I thought you were asking the questions?

The Gigabyte and Sapphire are the EXACT SAME THING. There is NO performance difference. Sam already explained this to you with the RAM, more money does not equal better performance.

3. gera229

gera229 Regular member

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

5. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Ok but I see from other forums that sapphire's been losing it's fps rate at times.

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ok W/E

I give up dude. There is NO WAY it would lose FPS. There is always a margin of error, but it;s the exact same card.

7. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Yea i'mm thinking a lot I'm actually looking at the results real people have actually experienced with. U know those bars with comparisons those are only maximum results not lifetime. But thanks to all that helped me. peace.

8. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  9. spamual

spamual Guest

i'd say P5Q PRO, sam will say the GA-EP45-UD3P

10. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Lol spamuel ur doing that so i make my own choice. Oh gosh I really need to know for sure which one I should really get.

11. spamual

spamual Guest

im not. thats the honest truth. im an ASUS fanboy, sam a GigaByte

12. gera229

gera229 Regular member

yea I'm going for asus since it's cheaper. but i still don't get what optical, and coaxial means. are they needed? which one is need more? the asus only has coaxial the gigabyte has both. thanks. peace.

13. spamual

spamual Guest

none are needed. you only need onboard sound, unless you are getting a sound card. optical and coaxial are digital sound connections.

14. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Okay, Sam clued me in on this monstrosity of a thread... I have 2 words... listen very closely...

USE GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Gigabyte for LIFE!!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  15. spamual

spamual Guest

well i would agree, but umm...

ASUS>GB :p

hahaha

16. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Estuansis don't tell me this, this thread was done and understood by me like about 1 week ago. check this out!!!! it's the best and owns everything I found out myself just didn't want to tell u guyz so u wouldn't get mad at me here it is =)

I go for the second link, but idk for sure. Do they have the same bios? well yea the first link has better reviews though. But the second link is cheaper compared to the first link. and more mobo ram clock isn't much difference on it has another usb pci-e. I think they have the same bios and yea.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128359
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

17. gera229

gera229 Regular member

well they have like the same reviews but the second has more of like low level reviews such as 1-3/5 while the first his like 4/5. at lowest.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The only bad reviews about the latter board are that their RAM didn't work (WTF) and that a big graphics card doesn't fit snugly - and that doesn't make any difference because you can screw it down and it will still work perfectly, it's what I have to do with my 4870X2.
    Most newegg reviewers are morons.

19. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Yeah I agree. A lot of Neweggers are stupid gits.

And on the boards. I'd have to go with the cheaper one unless you plan Crossfire. And even then it would only be useful for like HD3850s because after that the 8x PCI-E slot will bottleneck you.

And it doesn't matter what speed of DDR2 you use AFAIK. You could use DDR2-800 or DDR2-1333 and get roughly the same outcome. Faster RAM is usually only for overclocking to higher speeds as it won't really affect your performance stock. Thus my willingness to go DDR2-800 to have such low timings instead of fast RAM. I can take this stuff to 1066 pretty easily if I raise my timings but then that cancels out why I bought the expensive stuff to begin with XD.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  20. gera229

gera229 Regular member

What do u mean latter board? Did you mean later board? Were u talking about my board latter or yours you showd me? Well for second link I think it's a cheaper price for it's overall rather than the first link. So yea.