1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD and various other DVD software crash

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by Tapp, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Tapp

Tapp Guest

Hey all,

I am having a problem and the tech support at Dell doesn't seem to know what is wrong. I have a Dell XPS G2 system with a JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166 NEC and a NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD.

Whenever I attempt to run a DVD (store bought or burned from this computer) the software always crashes when trying to read the disk. I have tired using Dell Media Experience 2.0 which uses PowerCinema, PowerDVD 4.0 and InterActual Player 2.0 but all crash when trying to read the DVD movie.

It gives me the general error message "PowerCinema Main Program for Dell has encountered a problem and
    needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So no real help there.

I have tried removing and reinstalling my DVD drivers and all DVD software. I have downloaded and installed all the current patches and drivers. I can not find anything on the net other than articles from other people with the same problem, no solutions posted.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention. I am running Win XP Home Edition Ver 2002 Service Pack 1, Pent 4 CPU 3.4GHz, 1GB RAM
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]- Tapp[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2004
  2. amurphy2

amurphy2 Guest

Hi

Did you get this sorted out, do you know where to download the latest drivers as I am having problems with the same type of drive.
    Thanks

3. sshmoo

sshmoo Member

I had the same problem when running at 1600x1200. I switched down to 1024x768 while watching the DVD, and everything was ok. There has to be a better solution, thought.