1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by midas2b, Dec 23, 2003.

1. midas2b

midas2b Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to burn my first dvd and keep having a problem. I used DVD Shrink 3.0beta to shrink the original, set on the automatic setting. I chose to make it playable in all regions.
    After encoding the files, I went to Nero 6 and chose to create a new DVD Video. I opened the Video_TS folder and loaded in all the files that DVD Shrink had made. Then I burned the dvd. The DVDRW is a Lite-on LDW-411S.
    When I finished and tried to play it using PowerDVD, it tries to load the dvd and then gives me an error 8902003, telling me the dvd is either dirty or there is a scratch. I got the same thing on two tries to do this.
    When I try to play the dvd in my Apex AD-600A, it can't load the dvd.
    After all this, I tried playing the dvd using Windows Media player and it played just fine...
    I'm unsure what it is I'm doing wrong so that PowerDVD and the Apex can't read the disc...
    Thanks,
    midas2b

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi midad2b, This is just a wild guess because it happened to me with powerdvd. Do you by chance have a video card with either a tv out port or av out ports? I had a GE force card in my pc with both. Powerdvd kept telling me my disc were scratched or dirty. After trying about 10 of my store bought movies, I finally got a different error message saying (Powerdvd will not play an encrypted dvd with the video out port enabled on the video card) I swapped the card with another one I had and it played fine. As far as the Apex goes, there may be a media compatability problem. Both just a guess.
    Jerry

3. midas2b

midas2b Member

Jerry,
    Yep, I do indeed have a G-Force video card with a tv out port. However, I haven't had a problem playing commecial dvd's, only the ones I created. As a matter of fact, I just downloaded Nero 6.3 and tried burning the dvd again. This time, it played ok on PowerDvd, but still not on the Apex. It may be a compatibilty issue with the Apex. I didn't see it on the list on this site, but only the AD-600, which is supposed to be able to see it. Also, I have another DVD+R that a friend made, and it works on the Apex.
    I'm giving my daughter a dvd player for Christmas so I'll try it on that one...
    Thanks,
    midas2b

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Another good site for player-media compatability is www.dvdrhelp.com. You might find your player there.
    That problem with the GE force card caused me to exchange my first burner because nothing would play. After the second burner did the same thing, I started checking all my movies. After the 10th one I got that different error message. It was strange.
    Jerry