1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD not playing audio

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by 66caddy, May 17, 2003.

1. 66caddy

66caddy Member

Have successfully created bare movie with DVD2ONE, but PowerDVD XP4 only plays video but not the audio! Any ideas?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes the audio is not there on playback from Source with Power DVD XP.
    It is usually there after burning the said files though. Try it with a DVD-RW (+RW) mate : )

3. vukodlak

vukodlak Member

I've noticed that to. Power DVD doesn't play the sound on some movies when run through DVD2One. But when burned to CD-R or RW it playse the sound fine. Also next time you get a movie that Power DVD doesn't play the sound try playing the movie in Windows Media Player. Every movie that didn't have sound in Power DVD always had it when played in WMP (that is how I tested to see if there was actually sound).

4. 66caddy

66caddy Member

Windows media player version 8 in XP will not do audio either! Works fine with the original vobs but not the DVD2one vobs? BTW, do the chapter points get transfered to the DVD2one vobs?

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you ONLY selected the DTS audio option?

I use version 3 of powerdvd, and if I backup and only select the DTS option in dvd2one, this results in no audio being heard as powerdvd cannot downmix DTS to 2 channel stereo.(do not know whether the xp version of powerdvd can downmix.

6. 66caddy

66caddy Member

Yes, selected DTS only. BUT, I have PowerDVD 4 XP which has a DTS decoder! I have done same movie in DVD2one with AC3 track and the resulting vob's play OK in PowerDVD! I have demuxed the dts track from the DVD2one vobs and played it in PowerDVD 4XP Absolutely fine!!!! Grrrrrrh!!!!