1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerdvd V4.0 fix

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chickita, Dec 2, 2002.

1. chickita

chickita Member

After installing Windows XP I installed Powerdvd V4.0 and the recommended Build.1811 to fix the Error Code:89020003 I kept receiving every time I tried to play a disc.

Well, as you can guess it still didn't remedy the problem.

I'm using an LG DRD-8080B DVD-ROM.

If anybody knows of previous conflicts and a solution I would be grateful for any information.

2. Miek

Miek Guest

your problem lies in using PowerDVD. Get WinDVD, its far superior. just advice.

3. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

That's great advice Miek, as a matter of fact, I used to use PowerDVD with Windows 2000, but have found that WinDVD is superior for XP.

Chickita, I would be interested in knowing whether this fixes the problem.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I would have to agree on that advise too because I got WinDVD with my pc and it rules. I used it on ME, 2000 and now XP and havent had one single problem yet. It plays anything at all. I use it to play everything, even when you download something that sticks, there is a good chance WinDVD will see over it and you'll get to see the video fine!!

InterVideo are the developers and now they have the WinDVD recorder. I heard the quality of this program is excellent but does that really surprise anyone. Intervideo are just the best for DVD in my opinion.